Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Since Miami has world famous nightlife, lots of people are willing to get a new outfit, spend money on bottle service and drinks, and do their best to get in. At times I do enjoy Abraxis, Teds, etc, but you're not having a Miami experience if you go there. So as a tourist I would definately want to go to the big clubs.
    I would actually beg to differ with this. South Beach is more famous for nightlife than Miami. And if you really want to know Miami, avoid the clubs! But to be fair, a well-rounded tourism experience would include both the clubs and the locals hangouts.

Club 50..hmmm. Never heard of it. I feel badly that you came on this site and still got taken advantage of, in the sense that he brought you to a no-name club.
    Although it doesn't have the fame of Space and Vagabond, Club 50 is not a no-name club. It's at the 50th floor of swanky and trendy Viceroy Hotel, right on the river bank of Miami on Brickell. It features a pool, outdoor garden/ patio and posh lounge, with stunning views. Lots of big-name events have been taking place at the Viceroy since it opened its doors. The 15th floor of the Viceroy also has an infinity pool and outdoor lounge area where parties are thrown from time to time. The Viceroy is very hoity-toity and full of itself so I can see why some people might want to go there and why it might be hard to get in. Drinks are expensive, too. $17 for a martini, last time I checked.

And yes, Sean, taking a cab from Brickell to South Beach would've not been cheap. I feel even worse for you now, because you would've been stranded on the mainland had the scumbag not showed up.

Ok, well it sounds like a nice place. I'm just saying that ever since I've bneen on this site, no one has mentioned it. I do have local friends, and they've never suggested going either.

That's probably because it's not on the beach and you have to drive or take a cab there.

I knew "she" wasn't local :lol:

Club fifty is a really nice venue!

Hey Juicy! Do you mean Sungal? She actually knows South Beach pretty well, even having lived here just about less than a year. I consider her a South Beach local for sure.

I think you can have many different kinds of "Miami experiences" that don't necessarily include clubbing. My Miami experience was going to the juice markets, hitting the beach, maybe going to Fairchild Gardens and dinner on Espanola Way or Lincoln Road, if I had some bucks to play with. For nightlife, Club Deuce was much more fascinating to me than anything with a velvet rope in front of it. A lot of people just aren't into the club thing, and you can have a great time in both South Beach and Miami without them.

Doug I agree. Of course you can visit/live in Miami and have a wonderful time without ever stepping foot in one. But lots of visitors do come for the nightlife. It's upsetting that some visitors come to Miami, uncertain of how clubs work, get nervous they won't get in, and then agree to a pricey "package deals" from a random stranger. It seems they never take them to a hot club, they take them somewhere not as happening, where the people could've gotten in on their own anyway. Most people can also get into the hot clubs on their own as well.

Someone should write an article about the bonafide club promoters -- I don't believe we have anything like that in the news section, do we?

Did somebody say bonafide club promoter! heehee
    Thought I'd chime in here since I've been a promoter for a few years now. I cant say if you got taken advantage of or not. But the Marcos guy just doesnt sound like a good guy, he sounds like a car salesmen. But Club 50 is actually a good club Its beautiful up there on the 50th floor. But if you come to Miami Beach to vacation, dont go to the downtown miami clubs. It's too far, too easy to get stuck or lost, costly to get back, you see some of the sketchy areas, the clubs arent as good as sobe clubs, and all the south beach clubs are within walking distance so if you don't like one you can walk half a block to the next one!

Speaking of Promoters, here's my own thing ;) I'm Tommy Madison, most of you already know who I am. I offer no waiting in line, no cover, a spot at my table in vip, free drinks all night (guys chip in $20 to cover waitress tip) I also offer free dinner parties for girls every wed and thurs, bi-weekly Yacht parties, Sunday Pool Parties, and a lot more. I invite people that regularly come out w me on trips to the Bahamas every month etc... ALL my events are 100% free! No charge for anything at all... unless youre a guy than chip in $20. I don't offer limo service but do pick up people every night in my SUV, it's no limo but hey it's a free ride, and it fits 10 people lol

BUT my catch is.... I'm not going to lie, the clubs pay me to bring out very pretty girls.... NOT groups of guys, and not out of shape or chonga girls, But I'm always upfront and will let you know exactly whats up ahead of time when you text me, I dont BS! But I only do upscale clubs, the ones that are the hardest to get into. So that's why I cant do groups of guys or girls that don't fit well with the look of the club.... as much as I know that sounds like Im an arrogant Ahole... I promise I'm not, but it's just the way the high end clubs work in miami.
    Feel free to add me on facebook or text me any time at 305 431-8081 facebook.com/TommyM
    Tommy Madison

Anywhere you go in the world there will be people who try to take advantage of those who are not familiar with the local scene. When I was in Tokyo, people would actually corner you, grab your arm, and try to pull you into their clubs and give you special reduced cards. It was no different in Europe and even in Vegas (see my article on this site). South Beach is full of people who promise the world and yet when you arrive at the door of a nightclub, they are nowhere to be found. I always pride myself on taking care of all my guests and clients at the top nightclubs in this city and can be found always at the velvet ropes. Feel free to PM me before you arrive.

Maria, that's a GREAT idea. I did that one on how to spot BS promoters, but I really don't know enough about the club scene to even name anyone past the guys I see on this site.

And sungal, much as I love to rail against you for suggesting people just go to clubs and upscale hotel bars, I see exactly what you mean here. Some people come to South Beach to see that sort of nightlife, so that's the direction I suppose you'd want to send them. But really, saying Ted's or somewhere like that isn't a Miami experience is naive. It absolutely is, but if you want a giant swanky club you saw on the Travel Channel, yeah that it definitely is not.

Geeez, Tommy is magical! He's off this site for ages, then pops back in at just the right moment! :bug:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    Maria, that's a GREAT idea. I did that one on how to spot BS promoters, but I really don't know enough about the club scene to even name anyone past the guys I see on this site.
    Matt, could you include a link here to your article?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Did somebody say bonafide club promoter!
    Tommy, some of your flyers say "FREE" ... is there ever a charge (besides tips). It would be helpful for our readers to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    That's probably because it's not on the beach and you have to drive or take a cab there.
    Maybe, but I do have friends who live off the beach and happen to have a car and they haven't suggested it either. Either way I'm glad that the promoter took Sean to a nice club! I suppose I'll have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    And sungal, much as I love to rail again But really, saying Ted's or somewhere like that isn't a Miami experience is naive.
    What about Ted's makes it Miami? I'm sorry I just don't see it. To me it's the bar on the corner that every town in the US has. Is it the cocaine that makes it Miami? I've been to Ted's a lot, but nothing about it to me says "miami".

Hey Tommy,

Thanks so much for not only posting your services, but explaining how they work. When you initially filled us in on your parties, they seemed to good to be true. At least now we know the catch and who your services will work for. Thanks for being so honest with all our readers!

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...ts/vip-hookup/

There's the link to the guide to spotting BS "promoters."

Sungal, I think the crowd and the decorations are what make Ted's a Miami experience. You have this mashup of people there, like club goers next to immigrants from all over Latin America and the Caribbean next to tourists next to service industry types next to bitter locals. It's really a crowd you don't find anywhere else. That, and the giant inflatable UM football player in the corner.

Hey Tommy,

Thanks so much for not only posting your services, but explaining how they work. When you initially filled us in on your parties, they seemed to good to be true. At least now we know the catch and who your services will work for. Thanks for being so honest with all our readers!
    Sungal, I can assure you Tommy is 100% for real. Absolutely free for good looking girls. As simple as that!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast