Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    What's a yellow card?
    I think its given to a soccer player who gets a penalty.

Dostoevsky used the term 'take the yellow ticket' to mean becoming a prostitute in early 20th century russia

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin
    This thread is making me think about ariel stein and his line about that 'girl' at his table. I don't want ariel stein at my table!

I think that article a club 'checklist' if you will, is a great idea!
    Who?!

I agree, this thread is funny. Me and sungal once said it's like chinese whispers. What you start off with is nothing to do with what you end with!

he was the guy no one liked on miami social who thought he was a designer and promoter

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin
    he was the guy no one liked on miami social who thought he was a designer and promoter
    Ahh... yeah, never bothered to watch that.

no one else did either!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles
    What's a yellow card?
    LMAO! Prob not best reference to use! It means you have been given a warning. I can't think of an equivalent here, I don't watch sport :lol:
    Is it like an American football flag? The referee tosses the flag into the play and blows a whistle, meaning that someone has committed a foul or a play violation.

But I mean ... do they actually physically give you a yellow card and then send you away? Or do you walk into the club with the yellow card?

LOL ... I was just imagining someone wearing like a Scarlet Letter A for not 'putting in too much effort' ... like being punished at school! %-P

A yellow card is the final warning before a player is sent off in soccer. So the club would hand one out if you weren't dressed well. Kind of a tounge in cheek thing but it meant they got in that one time only and next time they weren't getting in if they weren't dressed right! Kind of embarrassing if you're out with all your friends and that happens... :red:

How many people actually get turned away here though for not looking 'right'? I mean, I've always seen everyone get in. It's just good looking girls walk right in without paying whereas mixed groups and boys have to wait in line and pay a cover. Not looking like the image of the club can just mean you didn't dress up enough that night.

YELLOW CARD?! Dude, that is f*cking AWESOME!

If I ever go to England, I'm doing whatever I have to do to gt into that club. Then I'm going to wear Ted's-worthy attire underneath and do everything in my power to get a yellow card. I think getting a yellow card at a nightclub is the newest addition to my bucket list.

New User

Well,

I must say this thread has been jumping with real talk and philosophical clashings! I LOVE IT! And its getting us more excited about coming in a couple of weeks (my wife & I with 2 other couples)

However, I will say that when we came down last year, we contacted for nightlife options Shaun Gold, and he took care of us. We were impressed at the access. He responded promptly to every text, his instructions were simple and clear, and we walked right in... period. And when I say we had a great time at BED we did..AND Nikki Beach on Sunday night WAS OFF THE CHAIN. So from my experience he made our nightlife experience in Sobe very memorable,classy, and lively. Thanks bro! Consequently, this entire discussion is quite interesting and somewhat intriguing since our experience was the opposite of the "fat and ugly" peeps' lived club experiences.

I will say that as a tourist I can appreciate transparent & professional promoters who are trying to create a classy nightlife experience for out of towners. As far as the image and "ugly people get back" approach to clubs, if you get there early enough I don't think you would be rejected at all, regardless of race, creed, size, physical attractiveness etc. At least that's been my experience in NYC, ATL, DC, and Chicago.

Why can't we all get along and walk into the clubs equally?

P.S. Tommy Madison and Shaun, be looking for us! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    A yellow card is the final warning before a player is sent off in soccer. So the club would hand one out if you weren't dressed well. Kind of a tounge in cheek thing but it meant they got in that one time only and next time they weren't getting in if they weren't dressed right! Kind of embarrassing if you're out with all your friends and that happens... :red:

How many people actually get turned away here though for not looking 'right'? I mean, I've always seen everyone get in. It's just good looking girls walk right in without paying whereas mixed groups and boys have to wait in line and pay a cover. Not looking like the image of the club can just mean you didn't dress up enough that night.
    If I got a yellow card I would cry and turn around and go home. How can you enjoy your evening in the club knowing that even one person thinks your outfit sucks? Either that or I would yell at the doorman and ask him the last time he's read Elle, and doesn't he know that my Gucci dress is not a few seasons old, it's vintage which is very different!

Oh, actually I'd collect other people's yellow cards and then glue them to a clutch for a one of a kind evening bag!!!

Deerich,

I'm glad you enjoyed our discussion and so happy you had a great nightlife experience in Miami.

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. Please be sure to text me once again upon arrival as the majority of my parties take place at LIV currently and that is one of the best nightclubs in the entire country.

Quote Originally Posted by Deerich
    Why can't we all get along and walk into the clubs equally?
    Your words to God's ears, LOL!

I'm glad you had a great time last year and hope you will an even better one on your next visit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234