Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    New User

Default A newbies warning to SoBe club goers...

Hey all,

Just a warning to anyone who is approached by someone promising to get you into the best clubs in SoBe as a vip or with no waiting.

Now, I realize this is likely an isolated incident and I also realize that one of the major site contributors by way of posts, also provides this service.

Be very careful when dealing with a man named Marko Milosevic and his limo ride to entertainment. He broke a verbal agreement with our group and it cost us time, trouble and money, effectively ruining our moods and our night.

I will update this post with what actually happened so you will not have the same troubles.

That stinks Sean!

Always be wary of people who approach you offering services..I've never heard of the name you mention, but I'm sure there are some scammers out there.

I thought you were going to low key places like the Clevelandar..

I'm sorry you had this experience Sean. Thank you, however, for taking the time to post more here for the benefit of our readers.

Does he have kinda long hair and sounds russian? If so he always hang around a bar south of 5. Don't know about your experience though ive just talk with him from time to time when going there.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by LowDog
    Does he have kinda long hair and sounds russian? If so he always hang around a bar south of 5. Don't know about your experience though ive just talk with him from time to time when going there.
    Sounds like him. Short, maybe 5'6", with sideburns and long hair in a ponytail. Definite accent, but he can turn it down when he wants.

Didn't he just buy the New Jersey Nets? All Jason Kidding aside, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. What would be an example of a reputable company offering the VIP experience. My buddy is taking his friends out in Miami in a couple weeks and would probably be interested in such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NH_Sean

I will update this post with what actually happened so you will not have the same troubles.
    So what happened Sean? As it is not unusual for people to try and sell nights out like this.

New User

Ok, ok... here we go. This is going to be a bit long, so buckle in. If you see "**", it is my attempt to add a fact that I feel important for you to understand.

Let's rewind to 2 days before the club night. Walk, er' sit with me...

There I was sitting in front of a SoBe hostel, having a drink. When down the street walked a man. Let's call him Mr. X. For the next 45 minutes, I observed Mr. X pacing up and down the street as though he was both mad and impatient about something. Eventually, I overheard him on the cell phone telling someone "this is bull$hit, we need to get some money!". Then he was gone.

Ok, now forward to the club night. There were approx 12 of us planning our night out when Marko approached. **Of that group, I was one of the two fluent english speakers.** I only knew Marko from the fact that the previous night he had been outside the hostel telling the ladies that if they wanted to get in a good club they would want to get to know him. He also seems to have a habit of inappropriately:
    1.Touching ladies on the arm and such, the first tiem he walks up to them.
    2.Telling them how hot they looked and that he would like to do them.
    **Even the non english speakers seemed to understand tone and intent. It made me chuckle**
    We already had plans to go to an around the corner club, but Marko insisted he knew all the clubs and that most of the ones we wanted to go to would have been too full and hard to get in. "You want to get into a good club, you come with me, I get you into a good club" said Marko.

So here was Marko's deal. He wanted $y amount of money per person up front and he would take care of transportation (limo) to and from the club, pay the cover charge and make sure we got in without waiting all night. **I was the only one not impressed with the idea of the limo. Been there, done that many times. I just wanted to go out. Everyone else was amazed by the offer.**

That same day, I had rented a luxury car for personal use. I approached Marko and asked him if I could follow the limo with my rental and pay for my own parking, in case someone got ill or wasn't having a good time and wanted to leave. In actuality I was concerned about the ride home part of the deal. "No, I take care of everything. I'll come into the club with you all and when you are ready to leave just let me know and I'll call my driver, no problem", Marko replied. Most of the group grumbled about the cost of Marko's deal, so he made a phone call and then lowered the price a bit. I still wasn't sold, but as I was the only one and I was told to stop being a grown up and have a little fun by one of the group, off we went.

We got to the club by limo, got in without much of a wait (after Marko had a lot of discussion with the doorman. I got the impression he wasn't liked.) and it was indeed a fun place. As the night progressed however, we did not see Marko. Nor did he return our calls or text messages. Eventually, about 2:45 he responded. Here is some of the exchange (parts removed as they lack importance):

Us-Marko, what time should we expect to leave the club to return to the hostel?
    M-I am in South Beach right now. Got a call that a different club was amazing so I went
    there instead.
    Us-So how do you propose we get back home sir?
    M-Grab yourselves a cab or I can ask my driver if he wants to pick you up.
    Us-Will your driver be charging us?
    M-Let me ask him because he is here having fun with me.
    M-He will drive you for $y.
    M-Let me know and I'll send him. Let me know soon though because we are heading to my
    boat in a bit and after that my driver will go home.

I have left out the dollar amounts because that isn't really the point. Haha, have any of you ever tried to get money from a bunch of intoxicated travelers from other lands? I'm just saying... Most of the group had little money and what they had they spent on the expensive club drinks. The cab wasn't really an option due to the number of us and again, the money issue. Overall I wasn't concerned, as I was prepared to take a cab back to the hostel myself and make 4 trips with my rental if need be, to get everyone back. I was just annoyed.

We agreed to the ride back and the limo appeared about 3:30am. As the limo drove us back, Marko was nowhere to be seen. I did note that the limo provacy window was up which I thought was odd. On the trip to the club it was down and I saw an actual limo driver dressed for the role. As we arrived, the door to the limo was opened for us and low and behold it was Mr. X. Very interesting.

As we unloaded the limo, Mr. X said to one of the ladies something like, wow... I'm just glad this all worked out and we were able to find you and get you home. When she asked him what he was talking about, Mr. X said that he and Marko had been at the club with the limo earlier that night to pick us up and that the doorman told him the club was being closed due to a huge fight and that everyone was already leaving.

I'm not sure what that would have to do with taking us home, even if it was true, but obvously Marko hadn't told Mr. X what he had sent us via text about being at a more "awesome club".

We did have a fun night, but a couple of the group became physically ill not knowing how they would get home. I'm sure it was the alcohol and foreign environment (damn tourists). So that's my story. Had I not been leaving the next morning and had a few more nights to stay in town, I'm sure I would have gotten our ride home money back. :)

But alas, I was on a plane 6 hours later.

So the club you ended up in wasn't in South Beach? And the money you originally paid was for the limo and entry, not even drinks? That is weird, as usually it includes all drinks. How is that a deal?!!

It's funny you say that the non US tourists were amazed at the limo part, that's what the beach promoters say when they are trying to sell their night on the beach.

What club did he even take you to? I'm glad you had fun while there. I would've not stressed about the ride home. Although you paid for it, taxis aren't expensive here. Yeah, most of the package things include drinks. Didn't sound like a total disaster..you did have a fun night, and it sounds like they delivered on their promises. But i would never give a random person cash upfront for future services.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    So the club you ended up in wasn't in South Beach? And the money you originally paid was for the limo and entry, not even drinks? How is that a deal?!!
    The club was in Miami. No drinks were included. The "deal" was that we were able to walk past the other patrons without waiting in line... and the transportation was taken care of. Or so we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    What club did he even take you to? I would've not stressed about the ride home. Although you paid for it, taxis aren't expensive here. Didn't sound like a total disaster..you did have a fun night, and it sounds like they delivered on their promises. But i would never give a random person cash upfront for future services.
    It was Club 50. Pretty to look at, but too crowded and the wrong crowd for us. The taxis in Miami may not be expensive, but no one had planned to put aside money for a ride home. I agree completely with not giving money up front. Unfortunately with a vote of 1 to 9, I wasn't involved in the decision making for the group.

The point of all this is be careful and make sure you have a little money aside for the unexpected. Marko failed to come through on his end of the sgreement. This is a poor way to do what I'm sure he considers "business".

Much as I hate South Beach scammers, and am well familiar with the loads of BS people on the Beach throw, what exactly was the issue here?

I mean, the guy seems like a scumbag, and he obviously took advantage of some naive tourists. But he promised transport to and from the club, and admission past the line. And it seems like that's what you got. I understand your anxiety when you weren't sure if he was going to show, but from a legal standpoint, it doesn't appear as if he promised you anything that was not ultimately delivered. Perhaps I am missing something, as I am known to do that from time to time.

Club 50..hmmm. Never heard of it. I feel badly that you came on this site and still got taken advantage of, in the sense that he brought you to a no-name club.

As I mentioned, I'm glad you had fun nevertheless. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and warning future tourists that sometimes these "deals" are worth nothing.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer
    Much as I hate South Beach scammers, and am well familiar with the loads of BS people on the Beach throw, what exactly was the issue here?

I mean, the guy seems like a scumbag, and he obviously took advantage of some naive tourists. But he promised transport to and from the club, and admission past the line. And it seems like that's what you got. I understand your anxiety when you weren't sure if he was going to show, but from a legal standpoint, it doesn't appear as if he promised you anything that was not ultimately delivered. Perhaps I am missing something, as I am known to do that from time to time.
    Hi Matt,

The issue is that the initial couple of hundred dollars we gave him up front was to cover everything. He specified when I asked, that this meant transport to and from the club. When he spoke to us the limo was referred to as a free perk of using him to set up our evening.

So we actually paid twice for the limo ride. The limo would not come get us until we each came up with money and wouldn't leave until we handed it over.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by sungal
    Club 50..hmmm. Never heard of it. I feel badly that you came on this site and still got taken advantage of, in the sense that he brought you to a no-name club.

As I mentioned, I'm glad you had fun nevertheless. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and warning future tourists that sometimes these "deals" are worth nothing.
    Hey Sungal,

Don't sweat it. I saw a lot while I was there and I'll be returning in about 3-4 months. Overall, good times.

Ahhhhh, ok. Yeah, definitely a scumbag indeed.

blech! This is what turns me off about the whole club thing in South Beach. When you first wrote in, it sounded like you weren't really into this whole cheesy Vegas-style "status" kind of experience in South Beach, which is why I suggested the casual places Matt had written about. The clubs and the businesses who feed off their clientele are designed to rob you off your money, with their bottle service, over-priced drinks and obsession with status and impressing the doormen and the hootchie mamas. South Beach's club scene didn't use to be this way in the mid-90's, but it's turned into this ever since it started trying to market itself as a place to be flashy and blow lots of cash. I always had a much better time hanging out at places like the Deuce, The Room, and The Clevelander. Oh well, live and learn.

Since Miami has world famous nightlife, lots of people are willing to get a new outfit, spend money on bottle service and drinks, and do their best to get in. At times I do enjoy Abraxis, Teds, etc, but you're not having a Miami experience if you go there. So as a tourist I would definately want to go to the big clubs.

Promoters who offer packages to groups should come on here and describe their services. Jess and I were on the beach one day and a promoter was strolling the sand and tried to sell us on a pre-party at the Catalina, then Play (never heard of it), limo service, and free drinks. While I would never do this (no need to go to Catalina or Play with people I don't know), it might be a nice option for large groups who want to hang out with their friends, and don't care about what club they go to. So promoters where are you??

I always help out members of the site at top venues in South Beach. I don't offer travel packages or bottle deals but I do my best to allow entry at some of the hardest places to gain access to as well as priority entry. The next time you are in town, send me a PM. I have at least 3-4 parties a week in South Beach.

Hi again, Sean.

Wow, what an experience. I'm glad you shared it with us to warn other forum readers. I know you were hesitant to buy into this deal, but yes, it's incredibly naive to give your money away like that, and I'm sure your friends learned their lesson.

Always pre-arrange services with trusted sources or talk to a concierge.

This kind of sleaze bag bait-and-switch happens at major tourist hot spots and South Beach is no exception.

The irony is that you were probably WALKING distance from some of the clubs you wanted to go to, Sean.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast