Post By MogulMusic
Post By metross
Clubbing for single guys - advice needed
Hi, will becoming to Miami on Tuesday for 5 days alone after spending the weekend with friends in Orlando. I haven't booked any accomondation yet, I'll probably go cheap and book a hostel. I plan to go out at night clubbing. What's Miami like for guys on their own? Is it difficult to get access to clubs? Are men out on their own in clubs deemed wierd by Miami women? I'm the shy quiet type, far from a player or anything like that :) Any other advice would be welcome on how to have a good time. Thanks, Ross from the UK
Hi, Ross, welcome to Miami Beach 411.
The first time I visited Miami, I came by myself and had A LOT of fun.
The Clevelander is a good spot for a single guy to start the night. From what I've seen, the patrons seem to be outgoing and in a good mood to meet new people.
I'd say, yes. A group of girls on vacation seem to be open to hanging out with a single guy. Perhaops it's the motherly instinct in them. It also helps to do some research on what's happening in the city, so the girls feel like they're hanging out with a guy who knows what's going on.
Are men out on their own in clubs deemed wierd by Miami women?
I will try to be as helpful as I can.
Originally Posted by metross
I live on South Beach and I go to clubs by myself. Even before i lived on the beach i would go clubbing by myself.
1. Dress nice ALWAYS. The better dressed you are the more/better options you have. It would suck if you meet a group of girls and they want to hop to another spot and you don't meet the dress-code for the place you guys are going to (just in case). When i say dress nice, I mean dress shoes fashionable jeans and a collared/button down shirt.
2. If you are unable to befriend a group of good looking girls at an early night spot like the Clevelander and arrange for you guys to show up at the club together, then find some as soon as you get to the lines. Move quickly as the bouncers work fast at getting the girls in and keeping the guys waiting (especially Mansion). Make friends ask to go in together and flag down the bouncer for your group as if you are the host. This brings me to my next suggestion...
3. DO NOT get pushy with the bouncers that will seal your fate of not getting in for that night. If HUGO thinks you are being an "A" he will treat u like that and tell every other bouncer not to let you in.
4. Regarding Girls and solo guys?. Be friendly and respectful and smile. If someone asks what you are doing out alone. Say something like "I'm always out with my friends and wanted to do something different for a change" that way you don't seem creepy.
5. LAST BUT NOT LEAST. Enjoy yourself and have fun. If you look fun more fun will come to you. Move around don't just stand in one place. Be social. Talk to other guys make friends they may introduce you to others and help you break the ice. Just be social and cool and your night will take you in the right direction.
Awesome tips, MogulMusic. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks man! Great tips. Thanks to Gus also
Originally Posted by MogulMusic
Gus, can we post that as a stand-alone article? Seriously, great tips there that answer a lot of questions a lot of people ask in a short, succinct and helpful manner. Thanks.
Good suggestion, Matt.
I made "Clubbing for single guys" a sticky post.
Single guys in Miami for Spring Break
I will be in Miami for a week of Spring Break starting March 20 '10. I am used to traveling alone and going out dancing by myself. However, this time I'd like to find a wingman or a group of cool guys to go clubbing with. Any suggestions?
Also, where are some good places for a single guy in his thirties to stay? I may have a rental car that needs parking.
You must always dress nice if you're going to a nice club like Mansion or Set. Wear a button down, dark jeans, dressy shoes, dark socks, and any accessories like a hat or belt. If you're going to an indie/lounge place like Purdy Lounge or PS14, you can wear a trendy shirt, jeans, converse/any type of tennis shoes. It all depends on where you're going.
I would suggest if you're going to one of the nice clubs, take a random girl in with you so that they think you're a couple. Normally, they don't let in guys by themselves, and if they do, they will charge you a cover...usually $20. I don't suggest paying cover, if they try to charge, just walk away, tell them you don't pay covers. Sometimes they'll ask for you to come back for a reduced fee, or sometimes free.