Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    New User

Wink Where to go for under 21's?

Hiya, Me and a friend are visiting Miami for 6 weeks from the 17th march from the UK. We will be staying near south beach but were both under 21! We would like to go out to a few bars clubs etc as over here were out every weekend so six weeks without partying will be hard lol! Does anyone know wheres good to go for under 21s or if we can even go anywhere! Also what goes on in spring break? were really hoping t meet people over there t have some fun! x x x:o

Hi Nicolle, Welcome to Miami Beach 411! Here's a thread you might find useful. Underage Discos, Bars, Clubs and Parties

I would go to some of the hostels. There's a young crowd and people sort of buy their own booze and just have little parties right there. Thank goodness when I was your age there were no scanners for ID's!

Check out this article too, it has a bunch of my favorite suggestions that would be too long to detail here...

Advice for Underage Students on Spring Break (Under 21) - Miami Beach 411

Past that, if you can get to Coconut Grove, Tavern in the Grove doesn't tend to ID you if you're tall enough to reach the bouncer. I've met High School kids in there during summers. What are you all doing over here for six weeks? My best advice would be to come back when you're of age, but if this is your chance best to make the most of it. Maybe our resident Brit Jessica can give you some better advice.

New User

Nicolee I've got the same problem , I'm visiting my aunt in March and I've no idea where could I go.. I'm 20 , maybe we could meet ;p
    Sungal the WMC is only for 21+ ?
    Thanks for reply and sorry for weak English ;p

Ouch Nicole, that kinda sucks. A lot of people forget it's not 18 when they come over from England. And USA is STRICT as hell when it comes to ID

But good news is, you are here for WMC so buy your Ultra ticket for the 2 day concert in the park. That is open to all ages and will be the best thing happening while you're here.

Space nightclub, which is by far the best club in Miami, lets in girls 18 and up. Just no booze for you. Get drunk before you go is my advice.

Other than that, you are here for 6 weeks so you will still have a blast. There is loads to do here, but clubbing for the most part is out for you unless you hit the places in the links the others have posted.

New User

thanks guys and jess we will deffo be going to WMC and hitting space staying with my aunt over there so she will buy us booze before we go im sure its so good we wont need to be drunk to enjoy xx

Default Nightclubs or hot spots that is 18+

Hey how are ya'll doing? My buddies and I are meeting up and coming to Miami for a couple days (4th - 7th) And somebody was telling me that nightclubs are only 21+ any other places to suggest looking into?
    I am 27 male and my two buddies are both 19. I've been waiting to come to Miami for awhile now, Would be really bummed if I can't check out at least one club!

I am from Panama City Beach and everything is 18+ here. Don't see why it would be different in South Fla. Anybody else visiting Miami this weekend that wants to meet up, send a message! I'm ready to get drunk and finally experience the Miami night scene.
    Last edited by Spitfirex007; 03-01-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Hi spitfire, I have moved your post to this thread as it has all the info you need for the under 18 hot spots!

Hey Spitfire, welcome!

LaVela this is not, sir. In Miami, you're going to have a hard time getting in anywhere without a real ID for 21. Unless you're a girl and you're going to space. Which it doesn't sound like your group. I think PCB is a little easier on that since it's such a Spring Break spot, so they need to do it. And while Miami and all of South Florida is definitely a SB hotspot, we also draw huge crowds the rest of the year, and thus can discriminate against those under 21.

My advice is for you to bring along another of-age person so you can go out and let your underage friends figure out what they want to do. Get IDs, pre-drink, whatever.

That all being said, I'll be going out all weekend and it's a good weekend to be going out. I've only been doing Spring Break here since 2000. So if you'd like to ride along, hit me up.

I am having a blast in this city. I did find a club that served to underage people. Wasn't very nice place thou. I've been back and forth on trying to move here, this trip helped me make up my mind for sure! Now I just need to go home a few months and get some stuff together. Hopefully I can come back in 3-4 months and find a job bouncing at one of these clubs. (Shouldn't be too hard with my experience)

Matt, didn't see your message until just now. But next time I am in town I'd love to met a local and check out the scene. Thanks for the offer.