Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Read my personality, etc. from my drinks. ;)

<<..."Glenn, are these men married or happy being single?"...>>

The ones I know are happily married.

How do you classify those who like quite different types of drinks?
    For example, Janet and myself.
    Okay, gives us our reading on drinks

Janet will drink Mojitos, lighter beers, wine, cosmos, and a few Vodka-based drinks such as sea breezes and screwdrivers. She doesn't like really sweet drinks. For ones that can be sweet at times, such as mojitos and cosmos, the more tart they are made, the better. Wine is the excetion. She does not like very dry wine, and tends toward Reisling and blush wines. She likes the occaisional raspberry daquiri if it isn't too sweet. She dislikes the typical sweet strawberry daquiris. ... Oh, another excetion: she'll drink sweet white sangria.

For me, I enjoy light to mid-body beers, sweet to sweet/moderately dry wine (not very dry) from Reisling to Chardonnay, tart mojitos, and an occaisional sweeter drink such as a rum punch or rum and diet coke.

There you go. What read do you have on us? Fire away!

I'm seriously curious about this.

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 06-16-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Read my personality, etc. from my drinks. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    <<..."Glenn, are these men married or happy being single?"...>>

The ones I know are happily married.

How do you classify those who like quite different types of drinks?
    For example, Janet and myself.
    Okay, gives us our reading on drinks

Janet will drink Mojitos, lighter beers, wine, cosmos, and a few Vodka-based drinks such as sea breezes and screwdrivers. She doesn't like really sweet drinks. For ones that can be sweet at times, such as mojitos and cosmos, the more tart they are made, the better. Wine is the excetion. She does not like very dry wine, and tends toward Reisling and blush wines. She likes the occaisional raspberry daquiri if it isn't too sweet. She dislikes the typical sweet strawberry daquiris. ... Oh, another excetion: she'll drink sweet white sangria.

For me, I enjoy light to mid-body beers, sweet to sweet/moderately dry wine (not very dry) from Reisling to Chardonnay, tart mojitos, and an occaisional sweeter drink such as a rum punch or rum and diet coke.

There you go. What read do you have on us? Fire away!

I'm seriously curious about this.

Glenn
    Glenn,

First, Janet and I must have some drinks together! Aside from the beer (I hate it) we have very similar tastes.

More importantly, marriage changes all this completely!!! You're free to be who you are (sort of - anyone who wants to debate this will need to start a new thread!). That's how I knew your friends were married. Age and location are important factors as well.

Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    Wait, so you're saying the reason I have never been able to hook up with any of these club bitches is because I've been drinking Heineken all these years?
    With the camera or without? How could they possibly see you behind the flash???

<<..."More importantly, marriage changes all this completely!!! You're free to be who you are (sort of - anyone who wants to debate this will need to start a new thread!). That's how I knew your friends were married."...>>

Janet and I had pretty much the same likes and dislikes in drinks before we were married. Marriage really hasn't changed it. Of the other people I was referring to, one was a college roommate. His drinking is the also the same now, from what I have witnessed.

The "read a person by their drink" stuff might be more of a Miami thing.

Glenn

Not only was I drinking out of my beer bottle at the sports bar at the Clevelander. I was also sporting my Crocs. In other words I was being myself and having a great time mixing it up with the frenchies.

I can understand a women staring at your crotch, but judging you by what you drink is what i call Miami Shallow.

Yeah, Carlos. I think you have a new song there. "Blame it on the Heineken."

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Sun View Post
    Not only was I drinking out of my beer bottle at the sports bar at the Clevelander. I was also sporting my Crocs. In other words I was being myself and having a great time mixing it up with the frenchies.

I can understand a women staring at your crotch, but judging you by what you drink is what i call Miami Shallow.
    UTS, no woman at a sports bar expects a man to be drinking anything BUT beer. Again, I said many factors involved. In yours 1) it was a sports bar and 2) they were French. In your Crocs??? Not even going there but you'd fit right in with my husband (if I'm not dressing him).

The original topic of conversation here was beer in bottle service/VIP areas. Fabian said women prefer men drinking alcohol, which I don't necessarily agree with, but perhaps he was referring to Miami Shallow. Girls frequenting clubs in search of a man with bottle service are not looking for a man drinking beer.

Matt said he's hooked up with more women while being out casual drinking beer than out big drinking alcohol (different location, different kind of women). He used this as his basis that women prefer beer drinkers. I find this to be faulty logic.

Default What a girl drinks doesn't say anything about her???

You single guys are out at a bar. What a girl you've never met before is drinking (water, beer, mixed drink, shots) doesn't say anything about her??? Which one would you rather take home?

The girl drinking shots is the one most likely to go home with you. So that would be my vote. Otherwise it's more or less irrelevant so long as she's not expecting me to buy HER anything. Unless it's White Zinfandel. That is a deal breaker for me right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    The girl drinking shots is the one most likely to go home with you.
    LOL!!! I LOVE doing shots!!! But then my wedding ring, age, etc would be obvious deterrents...

I agree with Matt. The girl drinking shots is the one most likely to be sharing that cab home with you, that's how it is over this side of the Atlantic anyways. And from what I've experienced of Vegas, Miami, L.A and a few others, it's the same on your side.

As for the other drinks; a girl drinking water is not looking to go home with anyone but her girl friends or herself, she's most likely driving. I tend to avoid, mainly because I know I'll just look like a drunken mess to somebody sober.

A beer drinking girl, hmmmm. This is a difficult one. I may be old fashioned, but I don't personally go for girls who drink beer. Not sure what it is, but I just get the image of loud, butch, manly girls backing pints of beer. Not my idea of attractive. Plus, if I'm not drinking beer and I get a smell of beer breath on a girl... also not the most attractive thing in the World.

Which one would you rather take home?
    The one that is popping quaaludes with wahtever she's drinking

Lightbulb Chill out! Take a ......

[QUOTE=Under the Sun;71575]The one that is popping quaaludes with wahtever she's drinking[/QUOTE

UTS, you are totally showing your age!

Legal production of quaaludes was halted, I believe, in the early eighties. Most of my 20 something friends have never heard of them. The void has been filled my numerous other illegal substances which I will not mention.

Quaaludes, 'ludes,' 'lemmons,' have become a footnote from the disco age...............

(glad I missed it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Matt & Fabian,

You two know nothing about women!!! What a man drinks says something about his bank account and/or his maturity level. All depends on where you are, the ladies in question (college girls? sungal & jess? cougars? etc), how much they've had to drink, and what they want from you! Very complex equation here...
    I beg to differ with you, I know plenty about women

but here are some interesting facts, see the web links for your own self learning...

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What your drink says about you

Waiter Rant Blog Archive What Your Drink Says About You

What Does Your Drink Say About You? - Entertainment News Story - WISN Milwaukee

What Your Drink Says About You : COED Magazine

What Your Drink Says About You | WatchDoit - here's one by a woman -
    just in case i hear anyone say, it was written by a man.. - lol

Cocktails Boston

I hope this is more than enough information for anyone that wants to know about what their drinks mean...and so on...

Default Re: What a girl drinks doesn't say anything about her???

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    You single guys are out at a bar. What a girl you've never met before is drinking (water, beer, mixed drink, shots) doesn't say anything about her??? Which one would you rather take home?
    sure it does, drinks say a lot about a person... i think you need to read up... it applies to both sexes...i just posted some links... what's your favorite drink?

Default Re: What a girl drinks doesn't say anything about her???

Those are some interesting links, Fabian. I would not be an easy read because mostly I choose what to drink based on my mood and what's going on - am I at dinner, a bar, a club (probably not), at home, etc.

I used to always start with a lemon drop martini, or any specialty martini on the menu that didn't sound too sweet. Then recently, I decided that hard liquor tends to make me feel like I am hungover in the am, with only 1 drink.

So if I am being good to myself, I choose chardonnay.

If I am eating Mexican food, I like margaritas, sangria, or beer.

I am not a fan of sweet drinks but will often order a mojito if I am not in the mood for a martini or a glass of wine.

If I think back long ago to my clubbing days, I don't think I would care if a guy was drinking beer or not. This may be a stereotype against women; I bet most girls don't care what a guy drinks but if a girl is in a club drinking a beer, that's not cool.

The below quote is from one of Fabian's links. What Does Your Drink Say About You? - Entertainment News Story - WISN Milwaukee
    They put down almost every single drink. So it's fine if I order a margerita at a Mexican place but I'm dull if I order one at a bar?

"Whether your margarita portrays you in a positive or negative light really depends on the environment in which you order it.

"If you're in a Mexican restaurants, eating chips and salsa, go for it," said Jacobson. "If you're at your local watering hole or upscale bar or restaurants, skip it. It can seem to others -- when ordering a margarita at the 'wrong' location -- that you are dull, living vicariously through your drink."

I'm a bit late to this discussion but I will say this: one reason why I drink vodka martinis is because I never trust the bartender or establishment to give me what I want. Order a mixed or complex drink and you get a drop of vodka with mixer or the wrong kind of vodka (yes, they do taste different) or lord knows what. Unless I'm a regular somewhere or I go to a good place (like Smith & Wollensky) I just go for the plain version of everything.

And even then, it's a problem. I can't tell you how many times I've ordered a martini only to get the taste of some sickeningly sweet liquor on my lips because the bartender refused to rinse out the shaker. That's crappy service and I send the drink back.

Quality restaurants and bars take their mixology service seriously but clubs is another matter. I feel like that's horses drinking at an over-priced trough. I would not hold it against any lady to bring a flask in her purse and avoid the highway robbery that is club prices.

Yeah, the WISN article takes passive-aggressive jabs at just about every drink except for a few.

Ha, the "vodka drinker" description in the BBC News link fits me pretty well, and that's my usual drink of choice... but I mainly prefer it because it gives me the least hangovers compared to everything else. Still, I drink whatever I have a taste for at that moment, and whether previous drinks in the night have colored my judgement.

Wonder if any of these address Jager? Commedian Dave Attel has some great takes on that one.

I look forward to reading the rest of these.

One of my childhood memories was watching my folks brag about their martinis being dry. But I guess those where other circumstances.

Since taste buds are subjective, I find reading a person for what he drinks a wastefull enterprise.

My comfort zone is wine and beer because I truly savor those tastes. I actually do like some mixed drinks and I'll order them depending on my mood and circumstance- but why should anyone worry being judged by what they drink ? I f you keep drinking whatever, nothing really matters, is going to kick in anyways.

On another hand, if a dude orders a drink because it's an acceptable accessory in some circles, he's a friggin loser.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 06-21-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast