Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78
  1. #1
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Promoters or anyone who might know:

    Lets say you've got a group of guys who want to get a table at a club. But none of the guys likes to drink liquor. Like even if it's free, they still only drink beer. Domestic American Light Beer. Would there be a way to buy an equivalent amount of beer to the cost of a bottle? Like 30 Bud Lights instead of a bottle of Goose? The cash outlay would be the same, probably more actually, and everyone would get what they want.

    And since this is South Beach, so anything can be done for a price, if one wanted to do such a thing what would the minimum amount one would need to spend at a nice place to get this done?

    (Alternate title to this post: "World's Most Expensive Game of Quarters")

  2. #2
    Senior Member GandJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,945
    Likes Received
    203

    Default

    Matt -

    Great question! I've mentioned it on here a few times that bottle service seems toi limit you to the few types of drinks that can be made from that particular bottle. ... And there's a good chance that not everyone in your group will like those same drinks.

    An additional question...How about a table where you can get any drinks you want, but there is a certain number of drinks minimum? Take a 4 person group, for example. Person 1 might like mojitos, person 2 might like margueritas, person 3 might like screwdrivers, and person 4 might like beer. With traditional bottle service, that group would have to order 3 bottles (rum, tequiula, and vodka), plus some beer for every one to drink what they like.

    It seems that with traditional bottle service, some people have to "settle" for something they don't normally drink and don't like as much. With the prices that get paid, nobody should have to "settle" for less than the drink they like.

    Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 06-08-2010 at 01:11 AM.

  3. #3
    Member Fabian G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    972
    Likes Received
    46

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Promoters or anyone who might know:

    Lets say you've got a group of guys who want to get a table at a club. But none of the guys likes to drink liquor. Like even if it's free, they still only drink beer. Domestic American Light Beer. Would there be a way to buy an equivalent amount of beer to the cost of a bottle? Like 30 Bud Lights instead of a bottle of Goose? The cash outlay would be the same, probably more actually, and everyone would get what they want.

    And since this is South Beach, so anything can be done for a price, if one wanted to do such a thing what would the minimum amount one would need to spend at a nice place to get this done?

    (Alternate title to this post: "World's Most Expensive Game of Quarters")
    Sorry Matt, they will not do that for anyone on the beach. Beer is not considered, lets say a high end producing drink. And if you think about it, most women looking to hook up will choose a guy with a drink containing liquor than a beer in their hand. I know you have true intentions with this, but its was already tried 9 years ago when Club Nu and Liquids was on the beach.

    there may be one club, not sure if it is still opened or and its in lauderdale, that offers that. its called exit 66. But you still have to buy a bottle of liquor with the mini keg or six pack.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    136
    Likes Received
    1

    Default

    I understand Matt's pain... I know a girl who will ONLY drink domestic american light beer. Bud Light, and pretty much nothing else because she can't stand the taste of alcohol (as if Bud Light tastes delicious, yeah right).

    Here's a question, do clubs offer any type of brown liquor as the bottle? I'm sure we've all run into people who we've discussed our liquor drinking preferences with (or maybe I am the only one) who claim that "white liquor makes me sick, I only drink brown" or vice versa. I honestly am weirded out by these types of drinkers, but they do exist. Then again, I guess I can't really be one to judge since I'm not the biggest gin or tequila fan unless I'm consuming them in a long island.

  5. #5
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post

    Here's a question, do clubs offer any type of brown liquor as the bottle? .
    By brown i assume you are talking about whiskeys, burbons and the such? If so yes, clubs offer them as bottle service.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    136
    Likes Received
    1

    Default

    Yeah, or cognacs or Crown Royal (whisky right?) and the like.
    Last edited by Widmore; 06-08-2010 at 01:22 PM.

  7. #7
    Member sungal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes Received
    1

    Default

    It's called bottle service, not beer pitcher service. Honestly, it's easier for the bottle service girl to bring the mixers, put the bottle on ice, make the initial drinks, and then she's done. It would be more work for her to keep bringing out beers. However, if you do order a bottle, you can ask her to bring other things from the bar, and I'm sure that can include a bottle of beer.

    I drank my first beer since college and it was just as yucky as I remember. Although I guess you'd get too drunk playing with say vodka cranberry.

  8. #8
    New User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    17
    Likes Received
    0

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Interesting question, here in Europe I've never seen anyone having beer instead of the bottle... But I always order Champagne, because I don't really like liquors.

    Not to mess with your question Matt, but is Champagne available for bottle service in Miami clubs too? Does it cost more?

  9. #9
    Member sungal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,744
    Likes Received
    1

    Default

    Champagne is available in every single club. At my favorite club the cheapest bottle is $250, and that's the one I ordered. With tax, and tip, and a round of shots from the bar the bill was about $500. Yikes! But it was my birthday..

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38
    Likes Received
    0

    Default

    And that's why I polish off my bottle of Veuve Clicquot for $45 before I go out.

  11. #11
    Senior Member wpns4l's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    973
    Likes Received
    73

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    I drank my first beer since college and it was just as yucky as I remember. Although I guess you'd get too drunk playing with say vodka cranberry.
    You're drinking the wrong beers than sungal

  12. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    10,353
    Likes Received
    698

    Default

    Haha beer can be nice. Just depends on my mood.
    Depending on the promoter, you can champagne for roughly $150 up I thought?

  13. #13
    Travel Advisor fredgarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,300
    Likes Received
    89

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    It's called bottle service, not beer pitcher service. Honestly, it's easier for the bottle service girl to bring the mixers, put the bottle on ice, make the initial drinks, and then she's done. It would be more work for her to keep bringing out beers. However, if you do order a bottle, you can ask her to bring other things from the bar, and I'm sure that can include a bottle of beer.

    I drank my first beer since college and it was just as yucky as I remember. Although I guess you'd get too drunk playing with say vodka cranberry.
    I won't comment on the beer, but Sungal, you are one EXCELLENT quarters player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    Sorry Matt, they will not do that for anyone on the beach. Beer is not considered, lets say a high end producing drink. And if you think about it, most women looking to hook up will choose a guy with a drink containing liquor than a beer in their hand. .
    I gotta take you to task on this statement there, Bob. I believe it is the exact OPPOSITE, actually, that most girls would prefer a guy NOT drinking liquor, as he is likely a more relaxed, laid back individual who is also not trying to get belligerently drunk.

    But I suppose that is entirely dependent on the girl. I'm just saying I've had a lot more luck going out casual and drinking beers than going out big and drinking vodka.

    Sungal, those bottle service girls make way too much money for doing way too little work. Shit, half the time I'm the one filling the mixers and getting the bottles for them, and they walk with $1000 or more for walking by and saying "Anyone need anything?" Bullsh!t. I say make the girls earn their money.

    Still, I bet if you went to a club enough times, and spent enough money over a long period of time, you could do something like this wherever you want. Money talks, yeah?

  15. #15
    Moderator Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    451
    Likes Received
    10

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Matt & Fabian,

    You two know nothing about women!!! What a man drinks says something about his bank account and/or his maturity level. All depends on where you are, the ladies in question (college girls? sungal & jess? cougars? etc), how much they've had to drink, and what they want from you! Very complex equation here...

  16. #16
    Editor Matt Meltzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,738
    Likes Received
    847

    Default

    Didn't I say it depended on the girl? I'm just sayin'.

    And maturity level? Are you saying Natty Light drinkers are immature? Because, I'd have to take you to task on that one too. Bob.

  17. #17
    Senior Member GandJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    mid-Atlantic
    Posts
    1,945
    Likes Received
    203

    Default

    I'm with Matt on this. I know wealthy men who are mature business owners and are multi-millionaires, and they drink Coors Light. I also know men of a similar demographic who like cocktails best. I think the only thing that a drink "says about a man" is just what he prefers to drink. Nothing more. Nothing less.

    It's worse when a guy orders something he actually doesn't like, just to try to "fit in" or trying to show off. .... Or, he's been watching too many James Bond movies. .... "Shaken, not stirred."

    Glenn

  18. #18
    Moderator Laurie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    451
    Likes Received
    10

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    I'm with Matt on this. I know wealthy men who are mature business owners and are multi-millionaires, and they drink Coors Light. I also know men of a similar demographic who like cocktails best. I think the only thing that a drink "says about a man" is just what he prefers to drink. Nothing more. Nothing less.

    It's worse when a guy orders something he actually doesn't like, just to try to "fit in" or trying to show off. .... Or, he's been watching too many James Bond movies. .... "Shaken, not stirred."

    Glenn
    Glenn, are these men married or happy being single? As a man you can say a drink says nothing about a man but I can tell you it does say something to a woman.

    And I did say there are many factors involved. A stereotypical Miami girl won't want a beer drinker. And a beer drinker probably won't want a stereotypical Miami girl (for anything more than one night).

    Yes, there are exceptions to every rule...
    Last edited by Laurie; 06-15-2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: More to say!

  19. #19
    Editor Carlos Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,657
    Likes Received
    172

    Default Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Glenn, are these men married or happy being single? As a man you can say a drink says nothing about a man but I can tell you it does say something to a woman.

    And I did say there are many factors involved. A stereotypical Miami girl won't want a beer drinker. And a beer drinker probably won't want a stereotypical Miami girl (for anything more than one night).

    Yes, there are exceptions to every rule...
    Wait, so you're saying the reason I have never been able to hook up with any of these club bitches is because I've been drinking Heineken all these years?

  20. #20
    Travel Advisor fredgarvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,300
    Likes Received
    89

    Thumbs up Re: Beer in Bottle Service/VIP Areas

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    Wait, so you're saying the reason I have never been able to hook up with any of these club bitches is because I've been drinking Heineken all these years?
    I tried to teach you to drink at least Irish Whiskey!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •