Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miami nightlife on a budget

Default Re: Miami nightlife on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Solid point, Jess. I was just recalling an earlier disagreement between you and Fabian regarding his making you pay for something. I don't remember it exactly, but you remember what I'm talking about?
    No disagreement. We've never met. I have tried to meet Fabian a couple of times, I'm sure it will happen sometime. SoBe is a tiny little island after all. My problem is, I can't be bothered to leave my SOFi bars where I can wear jeans and flip flops.

New User

when you say sofi bars where would i find these

Hey Lee,

SoFi bars are bars on streets 5th-1st in South Beach. They include:
    Monty's
    Big Pink
    Ted's
    The Room
    Abraxis
    Smith & Wolensky

Clark's, A Bar, Nikki Beach also should be included in there.

New User

are these bars with no strict dress code because id much rather be wearing jeans an t-shirt we come out on sunday just trying to get some last min info, also ive heard teds is quite cheap $3 a beer i was told

Nikki Beach has a stricter dress code at night, but not during the day... it's beach wear during the day. Smith and Wollensky you can get away with dressier jeans and tshirt especially at the outdoor bar. It's not a club, it's a very nice restaurant, and because it's by the water, it's pretty casual if you go just for drinks at the bar. The other places mentioned are casual and jeans, tshirt or even shorts are just fine. Smith & Wollensky and Nikki are expensive for drinks. The other places are less expensive, except maybe for Clarke's which is a "nice" Irish pub, but not over the top fancy either.

You can even wear your bathing suit to Monty's at any time. There's a pool you can swim in next to the Tiki Bar.

Abraxas is only beer, by the way. No liquor.

I don't know about the $3 beers at Ted's, but it is the most casual, laid-back place of all the bars mentioned here and it won't break the bank. The $3 beers are at Zeke's on Lincoln Road, which is further north.

Zeke's beers are now $4 since last year. Ted's doesn't serve $3 beers, but it is cheap. the cheapest is A-Bar as it is operated by the hostel. I bought 3 drinks in there once for $7!!! Now that's a round of drinks

I know I saw an article that mentioned its location but I'm having trouble remembering, so where exactly is A-Bar?

A Bar is part of the South Beach Hostel, on 2nd and Washington Ave.

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm down there.

It's 235 Washington. It's a very limited bar but has benches outside with lots of people.

Thumbs up Re: Miami nightlife on a budget

Playwights is also a good place the atmosphere is great almost like home from home and the foods good to.

Matt, I've tried to go to Nikki Beach on a day other than Sunday and it's either closed or totally dead. It's too bad..

Didn't someone write here or perhaps I overheard that Nikki Beach claims it does so well on Sunday it doesn't need to open on other days or has limited hours on other days?

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Matt, I've tried to go to Nikki Beach on a day other than Sunday and it's either closed or totally dead. It's too bad..
    I've been other days and it's nice for Happy Hour and chilling out, but no, nothing like it is on a Sunday.

New User

Ive just got back from miami i found the city itself very impressive but as for a party scene i wouldnt rate it even close to the main european hotspots, i also found alot of the taxi drivers constantly try pulling fast ones when they know your from out of town (bleu fountain to clevelander $100 one nite, never laughed so much in my life) the clevelander was a good night but for all you people who fancy yourself as party animals the real place to test yourself is ibiza, as for miami i found the majority of people very friendly just a few to many posers/ s**t stabbers for me

Hey Lee, thanks for chiming in ... that's a crazy taxi story. A friend of mine had a similar situation coming from Sunny Isles to South Beach. The meter said $35 and the driver wanted to charge him double. The driver actually called someone and said "how much extra should I charge these tourists?"

Quote Originally Posted by lee313 View Post
    Ive just got back from miami i found the city itself very impressive but as for a party scene i wouldnt rate it even close to the main european hotspots

for all you people who fancy yourself as party animals the real place to test yourself is ibiza, as for miami i found the majority of people very friendly just a few to many posers/ s**t stabbers for me
    Very interesting. I've been saying that for quite some time.

HOWEVER... in defense of Miami, let me point out, there ARE places to go which are as good if not better than being out in Ibiza, Nikki Beach is one, Space was another.

Also, puh LEASE don't think Ibiza isn't as ridiculously priced as Miami. In some cases it's worse! 20 euros for a drink?? 80 euros to get into the clubs?? Crazy. Also, Ibiza really does have a short season, April-Sept, where they pack in a yrs clubbing, or should I say a yrs revenue into those few months. Miami is all yr round.

The Miami vibe is more posey, but this is a city where we have a huge amount of celebrities living and the countries richest zip code. So it's not as if you are comparing like for like...

We have a lot of celebrities with "places" here, very few with actual permenant residences. We also have the country's 3rd worst neighborhood (33130 RAISE UP!) and the worst job market in the country. So, basically, most people here can't afford, and the economy won't always support, clubs like they have in some other places.

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    Please stop suggestiing to sneak in a flask. It's illegal first of all, and second would you want to take a drink from a flask offered by a stranger....I wouldn't...

I'm getting worried when I read this! I'm paying a visit for a couple days in january, and I thought Miami would live up to the hype of mountains of cocaine and crazy parties in all the clubs! Not club promoters worried about someone bringing in a flask! hahahaha.

I think it should be illegal to charge more then 10$ for a drink!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast