Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miami nightlife on a budget

Default Re: WKD

Quote Originally Posted by Coatsey View Post
    Doubt you're going to find any WKD in the US. Its purely a UK and Ireland thing. The whole alcopops market hasn't really taken off over here. Your best bet would be to get a hold of these things called Four Loko. 12% alcohol energy drink. Got banned for a bit, but the stuff is ideal for pre-drinks.

I had two before heading out every night in Miami Beach on Spring Break, but it can be the end of the night for some people who didn't grow up in a society where drinking Buckfast in a bush at 12 is normal... so try not to over do it.
    Hate to break it to you, Coatsey, but the Four Loko that was the effective energy drink stuff is still banned. The stuff you find in stores now lacks caffeine, taurine and ginseng, which really were the crucial ingredients in what we dubbed "Bad Decision Juice."

A sad day indeed as its popularity was its ultimate undoing. Kids got stupid and the Nanny State decided it needed to step in. To this day I have never found a drink that also made girls DTF with such consistency either. A sad, sad day indeed when they took the good stuff off the shelves.

I always think its funny how Taurine is listed as part of the " energy complex " in most energy drinks since it doesn't do anything as far as energy :p

LOL @ DTF. DTF and full of energy is an even better DTF :p At last years WMC, I ran out of mixers and my friend who was a bartender took whatever I had in the house to make up cocktails and she used Grape Endorush, vodka, and some other berry liquor and called it " mini mouse attack " (shes obsessed w mini mouse, dont ask me why) and it was like alcohol + super energy. Loved it. Since they took away 4 loco, its up to us to make up other energy drink cocktails. I dont know why it was deemed so dangerous. Dont people drink redbull and vodka left and right? Caffine + alcohol = drunk + hyper. I dont see it as so bad. Lol.

Default Irish bars

i would love to go to an irish bar in miami cause i'm irish

New User

Default Re: Miami nightlife on a budget

Clevelander has double shot jacks on tuesdays for 7 bucks . also automatic sllims has 1 dollar beers

Because it was cheap enough for really stupid people to afford.

Red Bull and Vodka, even if you make it at home, is relatively expensive. RedBull alone is like $3 a can.

4 Loko was $2.49 for a 32 oz. can. So cost was not a barrier to people getting stupid. As I said on my FB when the Loko ban came out, thank God cocaine is still readily available or I'm not sure what we'd do.
    acky85 likes this.

i don't drink beer but i would take vodka and coke

New User

Default Average night out?!

Hi

I have read through all of this thread, and was just wondering roughly how much people spend on a night out?

I am coming over in November with 3 friends, and we are all clueless of how much money to take!!

x

That depends on what bars / clubs you go to and how much you want to drink. Drinks can run as cheap as $5 at a happy hour special or dive bar or as much as $50 like at Ocean's 10 on Ocean Drive.

Personally I spend about $20 when I go out. I will pregame at home w/ friends ( mix up some drinks) then go out and either sip water at a bar, or hit Wet Willies for a $10 large daiquiri ( go upstairs for best selection) and then after that I like to do go deuce ( total crap dive bar the locals love ) and get " their version " of a long island iced tea for about $8. :P

Hi chloe! Welcome to 411.

The locals will spend cheaper than a tourist as we cannot afford tourist prices. However if you are coming from England on holiday you are going to want to go out Miami style! So, for a bunch of girls, you'll need $30-$50 for dinner somewhere including drinks, then easily another $50-$100 for a night out in bars and a club. it is free to get into clubs here for girls but drinks are at least $15 plus a tip. Acccept free drinks at your own risk, who knows if they are spiked (yes, that can happen here unfortunately), and who knows which weird boys are going to hang around you all night if you accept them! I'd budget $100 for a night out including a club, or $50 for a night out that isn't clubbing and drinking.

I agree with Jess. I also recommend wearing a plain silver band/ring on your left ring finger. If you meet someone that u want to talk to it can just be a plain silver band. If you want someone to not talk to you, say you married and they can think its a white gold wedding band :P

I also made up a fake language for creepy guys who come up to me at a bar when I want anything to do with them. If they talk to me I say " no ig-lay-c-uh" which means I don't speak english in this fake language. I also say " spegga go-way-uh " which means " i speak the language of : go away ! " if you just keep saying both of those with a puzzled look on ur face and shaking your head no, they will give up and walk away pretty fast

I think $100-$150 is a good budget for a night out. It depends how much you drink, and what you drink. But if you're going to go tourist style, that's a safe budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I'm with Maria. My friends always tip high, but sometimes will bring their own alcohol in. We have tourists to spend high on the drinks. Locals should get discounts. Places like Nikki Beach and Clevelander do that for us, why not everywhere else?
    THey do? Do tell.

edit: Never mind, you answered the question.
    Last edited by rtoledo71; 08-02-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Another option for the budget conscious is to simply avoid the club scene all together. It's designed to part you and your money. Matt wrote an excellent article a couple of years back about the dive bar scene in South Beach. A lot of the places weren't actually divey at all, but are a lot cheaper than the clubs and easier to talk to people in, too.

The Down and Dirty on South Beach Dive Bars - Miami Beach 411

Someone recently complained about the service at Finnegan's, but these are places locals often prefer to the whole club thing.
    I'd suggest Finnegan's Too on Lincoln instead. Better service and a great happy hour. 4-7, 1/2 price on all drinks.
    chloelauren likes this.

I love regular bars. The last thing I want to do is get all dressed up in shoes that hurt and pay too much at some prissy club. I will once in awhile but rarely. I like bars like I like my men, laid back and chill :p
    Catt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSoBe View Post
    I love regular bars. The last thing I want to do is get all dressed up in shoes that hurt and pay too much at some prissy club. I will once in awhile but rarely. I like bars like I like my men, laid back and chill :p
    That's it?

Didn't you have like a list that was 50+items long or something?

Oh yes Shannon, how are things with that guy you were smitten with?

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSoBe View Post
    I also made up a fake language for creepy guys who come up to me at a bar when I want anything to do with them.
    Oh man, I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you do this. Hilarious!

New User

Hey
    Thanks for all your replies - will pass them on to my friends!
    Yeah we normally drink a fair bit when we go out so this idea of "pre-gaming" may be good!! Collectively, we normally drink cider, but I do prefer rum and coke!
    And the made up lingo sounds like a good idea too hah!
    Will also read the down and dirty article too.
    Thanks guys! xx

Cider is not that easy to find here unless you go to a beer specialty bar, but rum and coke is ubiquitous though we have very few serious rum bars. Anyway, you'll have fun! Enjoy!

New User

Hi All, I am just for a few days in Miami from South Africa, Hyatt Regency and I am not one of the creapies mentioned above,
    However I would like to have a nice time and meet interesting girls without spending a fortune at clubs you cant get in and cant have a conversation. Any guidelines or suggestions please....?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast