Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miami nightlife on a budget

Default Re: Miami nightlife on a budget

Check out the article on Dive Bars....

http://www.miamibeach411.com/news/in...nts/dive-bars/

New User

Hey all! My girlfriends and I (4 of us total) are coming in this Thursday and staying the duration of Labor day weekend... We're looking to have a crazy good time and experience Miami to the fullest I've read thru this forum & you all seem like an informative, friendly bunch who could help us out. How might we go about getting on guest lists & such for a few of the clubs?? And what are the best ones to go to? I'm a big trance/house/techno/dub etc fan.. so I'll probably lean more so to clubs that play that music... we'll also probably enjoy a night out at a hip hop club too!
    I've just read too many reviews about $100 cover charges & hour long lines... I'd like to consider us an attractive group of women (since I've read tons about "ugly" and "overweight" women having trouble).
    Maybe I wouldve been better going to Miami blindly haha some of what I read had me nervous... $100 cover is crazy!

Anywho, any help anyone can give would be the MOST appreciated! Like I mentioned, we're just trying to have a good time on vacation... we're all hard workers & students so this'll be a nice vaca THANK YOU!!

The $100 covers are only for nights at LIV where they have an A-list DJ spinning. Otherwise covers, though not cheap, are rarely more than $30. Especialy for girls. Espeically if you go early.

LIV is probably your best bet for dance music, and Saturday is its best night. Past that the clubs are mostly like "Ultra-Lounges" so you won't find that big, techno-dance experience like you might in Ibiza or Vegas.

New User

wow $15 for a drink, thats alot
    im coming to miami for the first time in december, i really wanted to experience the club scene but with those prices,
    i dont know if i can afford too..lol
    i do like the flasking idea, i have done it couple of times, but since my first time in miami, i doubt i'll risk it.

do the clubs search ladies handbags?

New User

Heey! I know it's been a few months. So I got out numbered in going to LIV (Or Space for that matter) on Saturday. I was pretty upset I missed Kaskade there on Thursday though! One of my friends, really into the hip hop scene, was urging us to go to LIV Sunday. YeeeeahNO. They were turning people down left and right, solely based on looks... which, I guess should be expected. Well, say you make it past the judging.... bam, $80 cover. It was a "regular" night too! We hadnt heard that anyone special was going to be there.
    That was quite the experience seeing that long line and talking to some of the people who had been waiting since 9:30pm (We got there pretty late, around 11:30p, another mistake)

Other than that, and being out numbered (ha!) Miami was an AWESOME trip. I'll be back in March for Ultra... It's my birthday & I'm only traveling with one other friend so I don't plan on being out numbered LOL.
    I think I might give LIV another shot with more advance planning. We never got turned down that night because we saw the line & decided to leave based on that haha!

Also, this trip I'd like to hit up a salsa club & more of a chill bar during the festival down time... We're arriving a day in advance and leaving a day after the event.

Thanks again for your comments

Hope everyone is doing well!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Hit us up again closer to March and we can maybe suggest some good spots for "downtime."

New User

any recommendations for Wednesday nights
    Last edited by jegordon; 01-18-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Wenesday at LIV is good. I've been a couple of times recently and it's not as hectic and ridiculous as the weekends but still a quality crowd.

Dive bars are the way to go. I must say I have gotten away with long sessions of just hanging out and talking by going to a hookah lounge. One hookah can last over an hour so you can stretch the dollar that way and get plenty of face time if it is a first date.

I did that in Gainesville once, Dylan. Worked well with a 19 year old, but do girls wanna do that past that age? Not being sarcastic, BTW< just the only girls I know who enjoy extended periods of time in a hookah bar are under 21.

New User

there are clubs and hotel clubs that have free guestlist. as long as youre willing to go to those. I saw roger sanchez free at south beach last yr for umf/wmc!

New User

Haha I've got to stop reposting months after my trips.

So yeah Ultra was a mind blowing experience. We had no downtime LOL Shouldve expected it, but, wishful thinking. We're making a return Labor Day trip and I've been "creeping" the posts and I think I have a good idea where to go...from reading and experience.

I do think this trip we'll spend more time bar hopping than going to clubs though for sure.

I did want to thank everyone again for all your helpful input! You guys are amazingly awesome
    dylan likes this.

I think bar hoping is way better than going to clubs. Less expensive, less drama, less damaging for the ear drums, less of a pain to get in to, and you actually get to MEET, and talk to people. And you can almost target the people you'd like to meet by carefully selecting which bar you go to.

I"m with Dylan. You've done the EDM thing as well as it can be done in Miami. See a new side this time. Clubs really are kinda a waste unless your goal is just to sit, sip expensive vodka, and watch people dance. Or danc,e I guess, though I don't know a lot of guys who go out expressly to do that.

New User

Well hey, I'm a chick and I looooove to dance! Went to Lollapalooza this past weekend and stayed out Sunday night until 5:30a dancing at an afterhours spot haha! So when we return, we're trying to hit up Avicii's event at Mansion and Tiesto or Martin Solvieg at Liv (whichever is easier to get tickets to)..then the rest of the time will be at random dive bars... pretty excited to check out Montys haha. We always walked past Mangos and want to stop by there too. We'll def be more relaxed this time around and not music festival rushing around. We may only end up going to Avicii at Mansion and being random from there, haven't exactly decided yet... buying tickets in advance so outside of what we buy pre-sale, we're not stressing clubs. It'll only be myself and my roommate again this time so meeting people and having random fun is more what we're going for.

Did you just call Monty's a Dive Bar?

New User

Maybe (._. ) ... I saw it mentioned as such in a post on here somewhere? LOL \o/

Banned

south beach is a great hang out spot

6640 Collins Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33141

217 71st street miami beach 33141.. It's extremely affordable... And my kinda place..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/On-Th...011073?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by lee313 View Post
    Me and a few mates are coming out to miami next month and are just after abit of info on the bars and clubs and the drink prices, obviously were aware if we want a real expensive night we can easily find that, but what about the nights we just wanna chill out, have a few beers and try watch what we spend a little, were on a bit of a budget but really wanna expeience the miami night life. Upto now we have been recommended a few sports bars and some place called the cleverland can anyone help....

New User

question about taking a flask into a bar/club. Don't they have metal detectors? So to be safe we need to bring a plastic flask?

I'm def not a cheap guy but we drink bacardi cola, and at least 10-15 each, so i don't mind buying the first few but after a $100 it would be nice to have my own bacardi with me

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast