Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Miami nightlife on a budget

New User

Default Miami nightlife on a budget

Me and a few mates are coming out to miami next month and are just after abit of info on the bars and clubs and the drink prices, obviously were aware if we want a real expensive night we can easily find that, but what about the nights we just wanna chill out, have a few beers and try watch what we spend a little, were on a bit of a budget but really wanna expeience the miami night life. Upto now we have been recommended a few sports bars and some place called the cleverland can anyone help....
    Last edited by Jess; 07-12-2010 at 05:10 PM. Reason: retitled

Hey Lee, are you coming from the UK? If so, remember you all need your ID on you at ALL times, either driving license or passport, and you have to be over 21.

Now that we have that out the way, here are some cheaper fun places to hang out:

Zekes on Lincoln Rd: all beers are $4, cool place to chill outside and watch the weird and wonderful world of Miami Beach go by.

Waxys on Washington: Cool Irish pub, always packed till 5am, good music -the DJ is English - and great atmosphere.

Felt on Washington: Pool tables everywhere and great beer specials. Last time we went certain brands were only $1.

Teds on 2nd st by Collins Ave: Miami's best dive bar. All the bar tenders are cute girls, it's filled with locals and its always fun. Drinks are cheap too.

Montys by the marina on Alton and 2nd st: Happy hour from 4-8 every night in the week, good sunsets and a good crowd. Very laid back, you can go from the beach, they have a live band a pool.

Have fun and enjoy! These are all my favorite places, after all, a girl can't afford ridiculous Miami prices every week either!

Hi Lee313, welcome! Are you staying in Miami or Miami Beach?

For an inexpensive club type night I'd go to the Clevelandar, which is an outdoor bar/club. It's free for girls and $10 for guys, and you can wear whatever. I'm not a big fan, but it's very popular. Another great spot is Segafredo Espresso on Lincoln Rd. They have a DJ but it's more of a sit down and get a drink trendy, outdoor lounge vibe.

I'm going to second Jess' picks of Waxy's and Ted's. Ted's has great margeritas and you can get drinks "to go".

Segafredo L'Originale on Lincol is about your best bet to get a taste of the "Miami Lifestyle" on a budget. Drinks are reasonable, at around $9.50 each, but it is frequented by everyone from models to moguls to regular folk like myself.

You might also try Kill Your Idol. I think their drinks are pretty cheap. I kid you not on the name.

You could also hit up Tobacco Road or Transit on the mainland for nightlife on the budget.

New User

Were staying on miami beach on collins avenue thanks for all the info should be a major help

Plunge, Drinks are standard Miami price but there is no cover and you can always sneak in a flask and just order cokes or pregame in the hotel.

The Shore Club, same thing expensive drinks but no cover.

Aerobar, not the best of places but you will definitely get in free.

Purdy Lounge, no cover.

Default Re: Miami nightlife on a budget

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post

Felt on Washington: Pool tables everywhere and great beer specials. Last time we went certain brands were only $1.
    I'm going to second Jess's recommendation of this place. They totally won me over with the $1 beers on the night I went, and it wasn't bud/coors/michelobe/miller lite either! Can't exactly remember what beer it was the particular night I went, but it was good. A great little place to get the night started. I was bar hopping that night so I didn't stay long, just enough time to down a few beers with some friends. There was a DJ there spinning some decent music too.

On that particular night I also ended up going to Fat Tuesday's, which had a DJ spinning some good tunes (was a mix of hip-hop/top-40/electronic... I guess they call that open format?) and there were of course the decent priced frozen drinks there, and a good mixed crowd of people. This was during Spring Break back in March though, so I can't say whether that's how they get down all the time but I'd say it's worth a look regardless.

Last time I went the special was yuengling beer, good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l View Post
    Plunge, Drinks are standard Miami price but there is no cover and you can always sneak in a flask and just order cokes or pregame in the hotel.

The Shore Club, same thing expensive drinks but no cover.

Aerobar, not the best of places but you will definitely get in free.

Purdy Lounge, no cover.
    Please stop suggestiing to sneak in a flask. It's illegal first of all, and second would you want to take a drink from a flask offered by a stranger....I wouldn't...
    Pauly M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    Please stop suggestiing to sneak in a flask. It's illegal first of all, and second would you want to take a drink from a flask offered by a stranger....I wouldn't...
    I'm going with Fabian on this one. Pre-game at home/hotel, that's fine, but sneaking in a flask is really uncool. As mentioned, it is illegal. You could actually get the club shut down and everyone put out (unlikely, but it is possible).

But, you know, the bartenders and other staff make their living off people buying drinks. If you want to go someplace less expensive, go for it, but if you go someplace nice, remember that the people working there have to make a living, too.

Fabian: why would anyone offer their flask to a stranger?

I think people would be less inclined to sneak in their own booze if a plain, well vodka martini didn't cost $17. That's what I paid at the Florida Room the other night. Ugh. Total wallet-rape.

I do agree one should tip bartenders well, no matter where you go. I think in some places they make a percentage of their sales, but the bottom line is that that drink does not need to cost $17. You're not paying for the drink, but the privilege of drinking it at a swankier location.

I'm with Maria. My friends always tip high, but sometimes will bring their own alcohol in. We have tourists to spend high on the drinks. Locals should get discounts. Places like Nikki Beach and Clevelander do that for us, why not everywhere else?

Jess, what kind of discounts do Nikki & Clevelander give to locals?

Default Club Deuce

I forgot to mention Club Deuce! Was there yesterday for happy hour and had two Stoli martinis for $6 ... yes SIX DOLLARS!

This is a must stop for any visitor. You'll see the "real" Miami Beach with lots of local characters.
    jenn-NY, chloelauren and beachfun like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Jess, what kind of discounts do Nikki & Clevelander give to locals?
    If you use your Miami In Card, the black one for MB residents, you get 20% off drinks at The Clevelander and 10% off food including the famous Sunday brunch at Nikki Beach.

Default Re: Club Deuce

I forgot to mention Club Deuce! Was there yesterday for happy hour and had two Stoli martinis for $6 ... yes SIX DOLLARS!

This is a must stop for any visitor. You'll see the "real" Miami Beach with lots of local characters.
    Wow, that's really good... I didn't notice at first that you said two martinisfor $6, and I love Stoli. It's good to take break from the lunacy of $14 for a shoddy mixed drink made with McCormick's vodka.

Also, similar to flasks it's easy to transport those little plastic bottles of rum/vodka/tequila that you can buy at the liquor store up by the register, and since you can pretty much palm them they're not as conspicuous as whipping out a flask.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    If you use your Miami In Card, the black one for MB residents, you get 20% off drinks at The Clevelander and 10% off food including the famous Sunday brunch at Nikki Beach.
    That sounds good, but it's too bad they don't give Miami locals a discount ... or do they? I have the grey InCard.
    gaujeanfashion likes this.

Widmore, one of my social media clients told me that people complain about great $10 drinks elsewhere in the tri-county area ... can you imagine? Ten dollars seems like a steal.

That sounds good, but it's too bad they don't give Miami locals a discount ... or do they? I have the grey InCard.
    I am sure they do, but it is probably 5% and 10%...half of the black In Card discount.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast