Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is Club Space closing down?

Either way, Space closing is going to really suck. I will be there for the closing party! Wouldn't miss that one

I heard today The Opium Group is buying Space. So glad that the one holdout club that offered something besides VIP and Bottle Service has finally wisened up and jopined the lucrative party of excluding people who just want to have a good time.

Either that, or I hope you like 5 AM drives to th Hard Rock.

Default Re: Is Club Space closing down?

Isn't there supposed to be a law against monopoly's?

I saw the banner yesterday about Space's closing party on Labor Day Weekend. Though I only went to Space once, I liked recommending it and will be sad it will be gone.

Maybe this will be like Opium Groups' new Opium since they couldn't make Opium work on the beach with the noise ordinance.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I heard today The Opium Group is buying Space. So glad that the one holdout club that offered something besides VIP and Bottle Service has finally wisened up and jopined the lucrative party of excluding people who just want to have a good time.

Either that, or I hope you like 5 AM drives to th Hard Rock.
    OMG?? What the F&&K? Seriously, this SUCKS!!!

It's an unconfirmed rumor a best. But it did come from the only guy I know who is at all accurate about stuff like that. I don't know if it's a monopoly neccesarily. But it definitely does suck.

Default Here's a possible reason

I was just talking to a local doctor who spent time working in a Miami emergency room. One night his patients were two girls who were raped and left on the sidewalk. After medical tests he learned they had liquid ecstacy in their system. So guys just wait for a girl to be a little drunk, spill liquid ecstacy in her drink, later rapes her, and she wakes up in the hospital and can't remember what happened. But both girls were at Space.. Maybe Space is having legal problems because of all the drug use that happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be a law against monopoly's?

I saw the banner yesterday about Space's closing party on Labor Day Weekend. Though I only went to Space once, I liked recommending it and will be sad it will be gone.

Maybe this will be like Opium Groups' new Opium since they couldn't make Opium work on the beach with the noise ordinance.
    Sadly enough Matt is correct about the rumor...that is all I can say..there are things that have not been finalized about the deal...

michelle, there are plenty of clubs that are not owned in the city of miami or in the state by opium group...so no it does not make it a monopoly

so Opium Group is going to own Space? As a huge Space fan I am not f-ing impressed. I don't like a single Opium club, so I just hope they don't change the concept and start putting tables all over the place for bottles, and forget having a dance floor.

Wow, that has really bummed me out.

Maybe, MAYBE, the hard working entrepreneurs at TOG are buying it to make money, and realize what the Space brand means to people in Miami, and will keep it as it is with some improvements. Maybe. If they are smart, that is what will happen, because Space has been around for a decade and done quite well with the model it has.

Fabian, thanks for confirming the rumor. So much flies around, it's good to get a second opinion.

Default Re: Here's a possible reason

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    I was just talking to a local doctor who spent time working in a Miami emergency room. One night his patients were two girls who were raped and left on the sidewalk. After medical tests he learned they had liquid ecstacy in their system. So guys just wait for a girl to be a little drunk, spill liquid ecstacy in her drink, later rapes her, and she wakes up in the hospital and can't remember what happened. But both girls were at Space.. Maybe Space is having legal problems because of all the drug use that happens there.
    Back in 2006, there was a case of a local girl that was raped by a guy she had met at Mansion. The girl went to FIU and the guy was actually an attorney (wtf) from Boston. I think it was the second time, the guy was accused of rape. I'm not aware of how the case ended.

New User

Default Is Space closing down?

I sure hope Space does not close. It is an institution. I have been going there since the original location down the street opened in 2000. This club put Miami nightlife at the top, the zenith, the pinnacle. Luis brought the BEST DJ'S in the world here on a weekly basis. I have lived here for almost 20 years and Space is the best club that I have ever been to in those 20 years. I am amazed at all the haters who bash Space. Why? If it's not your scene, don't go. If you had a "bad time", it was probably YOUR fault. Clubs are like little townships for a few hours, lot's of people means lot's of drama. Every club has it's problems, and Space was no exception. So what. I've been to every other club in Miami & South Beach. I've seen plenty of fights and illegal activity at those clubs, how come you don't hear people bashing those clubs? I was also a employee at Space back in 06-07'. I treated everyone with respect and for the most part, so did all the other Security Staff. Tough job. On your feet from 10pm to 1...2pm, that's right, you might be on your feet for up to 15 hours. I knew a plethora of party people at Space and they were all super, super cool people. I will always cherish the all the memories at Space - they were the GREATEST times, great people, great co-workers, managers, OWNER, and most of all............the MUSIC.....AKA ALPHA-DYNACORD !!!!!!!!! Space had the BEST DJ'S .....THE BEST F**KING MUSIC EVER !!!!!!!!!! HAIL TO THE RESIDENT KINGS !!!!!!!!!! Ivano....Edgar.....Oscar.....these 3 DJ'S are in my opinion 3 of the greatest American DJ's to grace any club on a regular basis. They may be THE MOST UNDERRATED...........AND UNDER APPRECIATED. Years from now - many, many years from now, people will say "remember those incredible crazy nights & mornings at Space with Oscar...Edgar...Ivano ??? Remember????? HELL YES I REMEMBER. ************ TO ALL YOU CONSTANT WHINING HATERS: SHUT THE F**K UP. You obviously never felt the love at Space. you people obviously never truly went there for the irresistable comraderie with good friends and great music. You obviously were not true to spirit of what Space meant. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you never will. Thank you Louis and all the cool, cool people I met and worked with. Space will always be spoken with reverence in it's purest form........GREAT TIMES & GREATER MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!! Club Space never dies !!!

Default Re: Is Space closing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Scott View Post
    I sure hope Space does not close. It is an institution. I have been going there since the original location down the street opened in 2000. This club put Miami nightlife at the top, the zenith, the pinnacle. Luis brought the BEST DJ'S in the world here on a weekly basis. I have lived here for almost 20 years and Space is the best club that I have ever been to in those 20 years. I am amazed at all the haters who bash Space. Why? If it's not your scene, don't go. If you had a "bad time", it was probably YOUR fault. Clubs are like little townships for a few hours, lot's of people means lot's of drama. Every club has it's problems, and Space was no exception. So what. I've been to every other club in Miami & South Beach. I've seen plenty of fights and illegal activity at those clubs, how come you don't hear people bashing those clubs? I was also a employee at Space back in 06-07'. I treated everyone with respect and for the most part, so did all the other Security Staff. Tough job. On your feet from 10pm to 1...2pm, that's right, you might be on your feet for up to 15 hours. I knew a plethora of party people at Space and they were all super, super cool people. I will always cherish the all the memories at Space - they were the GREATEST times, great people, great co-workers, managers, OWNER, and most of all............the MUSIC.....AKA ALPHA-DYNACORD !!!!!!!!! Space had the BEST DJ'S .....THE BEST F**KING MUSIC EVER !!!!!!!!!! HAIL TO THE RESIDENT KINGS !!!!!!!!!! Ivano....Edgar.....Oscar.....these 3 DJ'S are in my opinion 3 of the greatest American DJ's to grace any club on a regular basis. They may be THE MOST UNDERRATED...........AND UNDER APPRECIATED. Years from now - many, many years from now, people will say "remember those incredible crazy nights & mornings at Space with Oscar...Edgar...Ivano ??? Remember????? HELL YES I REMEMBER. ************ TO ALL YOU CONSTANT WHINING HATERS: SHUT THE F**K UP. You obviously never felt the love at Space. you people obviously never truly went there for the irresistable comraderie with good friends and great music. You obviously were not true to spirit of what Space meant. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you never will. Thank you Louis and all the cool, cool people I met and worked with. Space will always be spoken with reverence in it's purest form........GREAT TIMES & GREATER MUSIC !!!!!!!!!!!! Club Space never dies !!!
    is space a club or a religion? haha

sign me up :-)

Default Re: Here's a possible reason

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post

off ther point but liquid e's are just that. e's in liquid form. the date rape drug u r talkin about is rohipnol or howeva the hek u spell it. roffies for short. u wake up afta a roffie n not rememba a thing about the nite and severly ill the next morn.

Stephen, I hear ya! I'll be there on closing night with Angello, would not miss that for the WORLD.

CroatBoB...It is a religion

Great comments, Stephen Scott. But who was ripping on Space in here? I didn't see much hate. I think most people who live here LOVE Space, o at least LOVE that a place like it exists. I'm pretty sure it will come back, as everything I've read makes it look like a temporary thing. I just hope it comes back as a similar type of place.

I've never been to Space and have no intention of going but I really have no issue with it either.

New User

Space will not be shutting down indefinitely, it is 1 month closing. Although how much renovations can you do in a month? saw this at the first of two closing parties there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New User

Default Re: Is Club Space 34 closing down? YES!

I'm sure the lawsuit against them from tired and drunk Venezuelan Carlos Guillermo Bertonatti hit and run of cyclist Christophe Le Canne, after having gotten wasted hours before at Space Club did not help (On January 16, an aspiring musician named Carlos Bertonatti spent hours inside downtown megaclub Club Space until hopping into his silver 2007 Volkswagon and speeding off into the early morning sunlight. A few minutes later, police say, the handsome 28-year-old slammed into a cyclist near Key Biscayne and then roared off, leaving 44-year-old Christophe LeCanne to die on the pavement.) And he isn't the only member of the Bertonatti clan with legal problems. His dad, a former telecom exec, has been tangled up in nearly a dozen lawsuits in Miami, charging him with swindling insurance companies, a hospital, and a famous painter.
    I feel for Luis. IRS income tax liens, losing his house on 2700 N Bay Road and now the Club property owner, Daniel Kodsi, is being foreclosed on by Fifth Third Bank for $20 Million!
    The party seems to be temporarily closing down for sure...

The party seems to be temporarily closing down for sure...

Last edited by ALEXIUS; 11-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.

So wait. the drunk is suing the CLUB? You have to be shitting me? Thist f##ktard is suing Space for his hit and run? Can you please elaborate on this? Sounds like a great story.

You put up info on the forclosure. Anything on the hit and run?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast