Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Fabian, thanks for the guide!

New User

Default Throwing Bachelor Party

Looking to have great experience having a local bachelor party. Anyone interested in attending reply to me here or at miamirobbase@gmail.com. We are having it at the Flamingo in South Beach.

Smile What's the latest with Bongo's downtown?

Hello all,

It's been a while for me....just enjoying the harsh winter with it's weekly snow storms up north. Hope all are well.

My friend and I are looking to celebrate our 40th b'day with a small group; wives, friends, etc. looking for cool hang outs in SoBe...we will be staying at the Sagamore.

Also, what's the deal with Bongo's Cuban Cafe? Is it worthwhile for some dancing/drinks on a Sat night?

Thanks group!!

I would love to go to one of the really HOT nightclubs one time while I am down there; however, I just could not stand waiting in line for someone to pick my wife and I. A little old fashioned I assume. I could see getting mad if I was passed over

I would probably slip someone a couple of $20s to avoid the line- but other than that I am probably out of luck.

Gman, I think Bongo's is worth it. I don't go there often (I'm a local and don't have a dancing partner) but the times I have gone I have thoroughly enjoyed. I think it's a nice thing to do for out-of-towners. For the full experience, do mojitos at the bar, then dinner and stay on for dancing. If the bay side terrace is open, that's a treat too. Sometimes they do music and drinks out there. Just know if you go on a night when there's a Heat game or something at the arena, there's going to be lots of traffic. Parking for Bongo's is under the restaurant and separate from the arena. Last time I went it was pretty reasonable at $10.

If you are on the beach and want a nice Cuban drinks and music/dancing experience with or without food, check out D. Rodriguez Cuba when PALO! plays ... their schedule is here: PALO! MUSIC This is a more intimate courtyard lounge type experience. You can order appetizers instead of a full meal while you listen to music and dance. There is no dance floor per se but people get up and move. It's most enjoyable.

Darren, you should talk to Fabian, a club promoter who is a forum member here. I'll have him post here.

Default Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Darren35 View Post
    I would love to go to one of the really HOT nightclubs one time while I am down there; however, I just could not stand waiting in line for someone to pick my wife and I. A little old fashioned I assume. I could see getting mad if I was passed over

I would probably slip someone a couple of $20s to avoid the line- but other than that I am probably out of luck.
    Darren, I will try to help you. Contact me at fabian@fabianevents.com, I respond a lot faster through email.

Thanks, Maria/Fabian- I'll shoot you an email.

Smile Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Gman, I think Bongo's is worth it. I don't go there often (I'm a local and don't have a dancing partner) but the times I have gone I have thoroughly enjoyed. I think it's a nice thing to do for out-of-towners. For the full experience, do mojitos at the bar, then dinner and stay on for dancing. If the bay side terrace is open, that's a treat too. Sometimes they do music and drinks out there. Just know if you go on a night when there's a Heat game or something at the arena, there's going to be lots of traffic. Parking for Bongo's is under the restaurant and separate from the arena. Last time I went it was pretty reasonable at $10.

If you are on the beach and want a nice Cuban drinks and music/dancing experience with or without food, check out D. Rodriguez Cuba when PALO! plays ... their schedule is here: PALO! MUSIC This is a more intimate courtyard lounge type experience. You can order appetizers instead of a full meal while you listen to music and dance. There is no dance floor per se but people get up and move. It's most enjoyable.

Maria,

Thanks so much for the reply. Sounds like Bongo's will be a go then....you're more than welcome to join us!!!! We plan on going there for the drinks and dancing and not driving ourselves, so that might aleviate any traffic drama.

D. Rodriguez...yes!! My wife and I where there last November....really enjoyed it. We went on a Sat but walked by on a Fri and saw the band....that's what won me over so we are having our group dinner there on Sat!!

Thanks for the PALO schedule...we def check it out and hopefully they are playing when we are in town!!!

Looking forward to a good time!!!!

Regards!!!!

Hi gman, thank you for the offer of an invite! That's very sweet. Perhaps I can stop by and join you all for a mojito. We love to meet our forum members here.

Are you taking a taxi from the beach? Just beware it'll probably be $25 or so each way. Not really that outrageous if you consider parking costs and the peace of mind!

Smile Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Maria,

Maybe see you there then!! Thanks for the taxi tip! What are your thoughts on Yucca over on Lincoln? They have a salsa night/dancing on Fridays. Was thinking of kicking it off there for a bit since we all arrive Fri afternoon.

Hi gman! Just send me a PM when you plan on going (exact date & time) and I'll see if I can make it.

Yucca is definitely good to try for visitors, though I have personally not experience their salsa night. I can't imagine it being bad though. It's a nice space.

Though not a salsa place, the Van Dyke a little further west on Lincoln Road has a great upstairs lounge with food, drinks and live music. It's cozy and intimate.

Thumbs down

I just wanted to add in that I can barely walk in heels... I just can't do it.

I normally wear flats to every night club. I've worn them to the Opium Group venues, Liv, Arkadia, Hardrock venues, etc etc etc. No heels = no entry is B.S.

Some of these nightlife posts cause me to make "ehhh" faces because they are not the best advice! Don't scare away ladies because they don't wear heels, dresses, or are big... false advice. I have also gone to venues with BIGGER ladies and if they look presentable, they are fine.

Hi Kristine! Thanks for chiming in! But I also want to add that you are young and attractive ... I think that really helps. Someone my age who is also plump is going to have a harder time, even though I can pass for under 35 and I do wear my heels. I have been literally sneered at by people at clubs. I'm glad you haven't had that experience.

I've seen a few girls in flats..they were models in gladiator sandals. I would never be able to pull that off. I just think that nice heels are dressier. Plus honestly you're only wearing them 5-6 hours. I'd say 90% of girls out are wearing heels.

New User

T-shirts aren't allowed. What if I'm wearing a smart blazer over it?

Fabian, really nice job on the guide. I realllly dont know why some people are fighting some of the info. like why cant I wear my chains and my flip flops and my nice $8000 tanktop, I even paid extra for the designer holes in it. Bottom line is thats the dress code for the better clubs in miami. you DONT have to go there just like they reserve the right not to let you in. If you want to get in, you find out what they want you to be wearing and follow it. It's not burgerking

As for flats and sandals its NOT a law... thats what the door and promoters tell people, because frankly it sounds a whole lot less shallow than saying, hey you look like a hobo who just walked off the beach and surely not anyone that may spend some cash inside. Nobody ever said fashion was comfortable. Its just a fact, girls look hot in heels, and not in flats. Yes models can wear whatever the hell they want, I've brought models in before wearing sweatpants..... yes it's unfair but it's best just to accept this and move on.

You guys know I'm also one of the promoters on the forum and I have to say I tell people every single week no tshirts, sneakers, or flats.... and every single week someone will always bring a friend out wearing just that. I feel bad when they cant get in but really these are the most basic ABC's of going out.
    I've found that its best to be honest to people on why they coudnt get in because then they have the change to examine that and to change it next time they choose to come out.

I think this guide that fabian wrote helped many people to avoid some bruised egos and hurt feelings at some of the doors, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
    T-shirts aren't allowed. What if I'm wearing a smart blazer over it?
    nice blazer on top of a T is fine, I see your name is bloke so i assume youre here from the uk with your 13 guy friends so tell them too heehee i'm teasing

New User

Yes, I'm from the UK but no, I'm travelling alone!

New User

Hi Fabian,

I'm coming to Miami for a few days at the end of June to party for a friend's bachelorette, and we have our eye on partying at Mansion among a few other clubs. Any tips on how we can try to speed up the wait to get in? Should we order tickets ahead of time?

Any help or tips you can pass on would be amazing!

Thanks!!

Karmen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast