Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Default Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Hello everyone,

This post is for our visitors wanting to experience the night life in Miami. For the most part, some of you understand the nature of clubbing, but some of you don't.

Ladies Dress code:
    Dress the part. Ladies - no jeans. Dresses, sexy shorts, skirts and blouses. No sandals, no flats. Heels and straps. It does not matter that you are HOT, Gorgeous, Pretty or Sexy. If you did not know, its a law to where covered shoes or shoes with heels and straps. Its not that we don't want you to come in, its that we don't want you to suit the club if your feet get cut up by broken glass. Its for your safety most of all.

Mens dress code:
    Dress pants or jeans. No shorts - I have noticed many men trying to come to the clubs in shorts. NO SHORTS allowed on men. Fashionable T-shirts used to be okay, but they are being rejected more and more now. Polos with stripes are not okay. Long shirts or polos coming down to your knees are not okay. Dress shirts or a nice polo with buttons is okay. A light weight suit jacket is even better. Dress shoes or dress boots. No loafers or sneakers. Sneakers soles are rubber and you can slip and fall when the floor is wet. And by no means sandals or beach sandals or anytype of open shoe on a man. GUYS, dress up. Some clubs will allow kicks, they have different soles, but its limited. No caps or glases or heavy jewelery; these aren't the days of Scarface. LOL. No sweat pants. etc.

Age and ID requirements:
    You must be 21 and over to party on the beach. A valid (not expired!) ID such as a passport or driver license is okay. Student ID's are not acceptable. Paper copies of your passport or driver license are not acceptable. Once your ID has been scanned no one else can use it, so the old trick to pass the ID back or under does not work anymore, blame it on technology. Telling the door man that your dog ate the ID does not work . If you try to hide your face will security is checking the ID, they will think you got something to hide and not let you in. It's a dead giveaway.

Pre-drinking:
    Its okay for you to predrink before heading out to save some money at the club. However its not okay for you to show up drunk or belligerent. Its a liability to let you in the club drunk. You do not know what you are doing and someone can take advantage of you; girls I am talking to you, many of you blank out. Guys tend to start fights. So what's the word, don't get to the club drunk!

Complimentary admission/Cover:
    If a promoter can get you into a club for free and tells you to be there by a certain time. THAT MEANS be THERE by that time. Don't take advantage of the situation, plan ahead and be on time. Promoters at times can get visitors in for free, but there are limitations to it. It usually means get there by 11-1130; otherwise don't complain if you got to pay a cover.

Door policy:
    Dress the part, be of age, and be respectful to the doorman or club personnel telling you where to stand or go for assistance. Groups of guys are the last ones to get in...invite girls early on in the night or get table service. Groups of girls, don't think just because you are girls you can cut the line...be nice about it and ask (not demand) for assitance. The doorman will not put up with snobby attitudes. Girls look the part as well. Sorry to say this, but the doormen are notorious for not letting in heavy set girls. I know, I know, its terrible, but its not me, its the club.

It is customary to tip the doorman or promoters for assistance, especially if he is not even looking at you to help you in.

Wrist bands being handed in the street:
    bands are used to attract or market the clubs. they do not get you in free or reduced or speed up things for you. Full cover is charged with or without a wrist band. Wrist bands do not grant you access to the club, you still have to be of age, look the part, etc.

Once inside:
    Have fun. Tip the waitresses and bartenders accordingly. Drink wisely and avoid getting into a fight (jsut walk away, its not worth it). The last thing you want is to go to jail for being a smart ass or driving drunk.

Tickets:
    It is most likely that if anyone is trying to sell you tickets outside of the club, its probably a scam. Tickets have security features on them, technology I tell ya, so be cautious if you decide to purchase them off the street.
    beachfun likes this.

Default Re: Some helpful tips

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    If you did not know, its a law to where covered shoes or shoes with heels and straps.
    There is no law addressing what people must wear on their feet. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Otherwise, this is a good guide. Good job.

Yeah, great job Fabian. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it. I like it so much, I'm going to make it a sticky

Also, fascinating that you can't double scan anymore... that happened at Space one time I went, a girl was trying to get her sister in so they passed her ID back. They both got busted.

Default Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

It is customary to tip the doorman or promoters for assistance, especially if he is not even looking at you to help you in.
    Just curious, how much is considered a normal/minimum tip in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by Widmore View Post
    Just curious, how much is considered a normal/minimum tip in this case?
    that is up to you...most people do $20's and above.

Ladies Dress code:
    Ladies - no jeans. Dresses, sexy shorts, skirts and blouses. No sandals, no flats. Heels and straps. It does not matter that you are HOT, Gorgeous, Pretty or Sexy. If you did not know, its a law to where covered shoes or shoes with heels and straps.
    Fabian,

This should be a guide to clubbing facts for the Opium Group. A really good friend of mine likes wearing black skinny jeans and cute tops sometimes and that works. I myself have worn skinny jeans once or twice. I've seen models wearing flats..gladiator sandals once (a group), and I've seen flats other times. Sure, 85% of the time girls do heels. I usually wear open toed shoes, and most other girls do as well since we're in Miami, not NY during winter. Straps? So now the shoe has to have an ankle strap? I'm not buying that.

I like to see variety. It's so boring if everyone wears a skintight black dress from Bebe..and now they'll all be in closed toed heels with ankle straps.. So have girls been turned away because of their shoes? Only in Miami.

But overall great tips for our visitors who are new to the clubbing scene!

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Fabian,

This should be a guide to clubbing facts for the Opium Group. A really good friend of mine likes wearing black skinny jeans and cute tops sometimes and that works. I myself have worn skinny jeans once or twice. I've seen models wearing flats..gladiator sandals once (a group), and I've seen flats other times. Sure, 85% of the time girls do heels. I usually wear open toed shoes, and most other girls do as well since we're in Miami, not NY during winter. Straps? So now the shoe has to have an ankle strap? I'm not buying that.

I like to see variety. It's so boring if everyone wears a skintight black dress from Bebe..and now they'll all be in closed toed heels with ankle straps.. So have girls been turned away because of their shoes? Only in Miami.

Sungal I have worked for every major type A club in Miami..its the same rule all over...its not just opium group.. some girls can get away with it while others cannot (get the hint), overall... its a guideline, abide by it and your chances of getting in are better.... dresses do come in other colors by the way I will answer the strap thing on the shoe in response to carlos.

Default Re: Some helpful tips

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    There is no law addressing what people must wear on their feet. Please stop spreading misinformation.
    Carlos I am not misinforming, its a fire code violaton....which makes it a law... I am having a fire marshall provide me with the details, i wouldn't and the clubs wouldn't say it unless it was true. As soon as I have it, I will post it up...but again these are suggestions to help those get into a club...not saying they cannot get away with it... general rules..

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Fabian,

Why is it necessary for girls to wear high heels? Not everybody likes such shoe wear ---> me. Whats wrong with decent flat sandals? I am not talking sport sandals or something you wear for a walk on the beach, but elegant leather sandals without heels....

rk

No caps or glases or heavy jewelery..
    And what's with the "no glasses"? Can the clubs really be that short-sighted?

Lightbulb Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    And what's with the "no glasses"? Can the clubs really be that short-sighted?
    RK, I think he's talking about dark sunglasses that hide one's eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadia Hojzak View Post
    Why is it necessary for girls to wear high heels? Not everybody likes such shoe wear ---> me. Whats wrong with decent flat sandals? I am not talking sport sandals or something you wear for a walk on the beach, but elegant leather sandals without heels....
    Because it's illegal and you'll be thrown in jail.

LOL...guys let's not give him a hard time. After all, he does work for the Opium Group and sees a lot of people at the door.

However, I will say my 2 cents which is yes, big clubs will want the girls dressed up. But some of the most awesome clubs here...Nikki Beach and Space could care less what you are wearing. I like partying there because of this reason. No pretentious people, and oh yeah, everyone is in their sunglasses!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    LOL...guys let's not give him a hard time. After all, he does work for the Opium Group and sees a lot of people at the door.

However, I will say my 2 cents which is yes, big clubs will want the girls dressed up. But some of the most awesome clubs here...Nikki Beach and Space could care less what you are wearing. I like partying there because of this reason. No pretentious people, and oh yeah, everyone is in their sunglasses!
    thanks Jess...I know they are just giving me a hard time... but hey I used to work for Aerobar , LIV, Dream, Dolce, Rokbar, MYNT (years ago), and it was the same all over...no sandals allowed...its not what they want to see, that's the bottom line..its about the look.. and you are right Nikki and Space don't care about the look, they care about the masses...so that makes a difference... overall my post was to help people get in....some of them ain't dressed right...hint hint...so step it up if you want to go to whats called a A to B Type club... take the info for what it is and lets just have a good time! The Sunglasses...put them on inside the club not at the door.....what are you mafioso! lol
    sparklee7277 likes this.

Sunglasses only work at Space anyway. Wear them anywhere else and you look ridiculous

New User

Hello everyone,

This post is for our visitors wanting to experience the night life in Miami. For the most part, some of you understand the nature of clubbing, but some of you don't.

Ladies Dress code:
    Dress the part. Ladies - no jeans. Dresses, sexy shorts, skirts and blouses. No sandals, no flats. Heels and straps. It does not matter that you are HOT, Gorgeous, Pretty or Sexy. If you did not know, its a law to where covered shoes or shoes with heels and straps. Its not that we don't want you to come in, its that we don't want you to suit the club if your feet get cut up by broken glass. Its for your safety most of all.

Mens dress code:
    Dress pants or jeans. No shorts - I have noticed many men trying to come to the clubs in shorts. NO SHORTS allowed on men. Fashionable T-shirts used to be okay, but they are being rejected more and more now. Polos with stripes are not okay. Long shirts or polos coming down to your knees are not okay. Dress shirts or a nice polo with buttons is okay. A light weight suit jacket is even better. Dress shoes or dress boots. No loafers or sneakers. Sneakers soles are rubber and you can slip and fall when the floor is wet. And by no means sandals or beach sandals or anytype of open shoe on a man. GUYS, dress up. Some clubs will allow kicks, they have different soles, but its limited. No caps or glases or heavy jewelery; these aren't the days of Scarface. LOL. No sweat pants. etc.

Age and ID requirements:
    You must be 21 and over to party on the beach. A valid (not expired!) ID such as a passport or driver license is okay. Student ID's are not acceptable. Paper copies of your passport or driver license are not acceptable. Once your ID has been scanned no one else can use it, so the old trick to pass the ID back or under does not work anymore, blame it on technology. Telling the door man that your dog ate the ID does not work . If you try to hide your face will security is checking the ID, they will think you got something to hide and not let you in. It's a dead giveaway.

Pre-drinking:
    Its okay for you to predrink before heading out to save some money at the club. However its not okay for you to show up drunk or belligerent. Its a liability to let you in the club drunk. You do not know what you are doing and someone can take advantage of you; girls I am talking to you, many of you blank out. Guys tend to start fights. So what's the word, don't get to the club drunk!

Complimentary admission/Cover:
    If a promoter can get you into a club for free and tells you to be there by a certain time. THAT MEANS be THERE by that time. Don't take advantage of the situation, plan ahead and be on time. Promoters at times can get visitors in for free, but there are limitations to it. It usually means get there by 11-1130; otherwise don't complain if you got to pay a cover.

Door policy:
    Dress the part, be of age, and be respectful to the doorman or club personnel telling you where to stand or go for assistance. Groups of guys are the last ones to get in...invite girls early on in the night or get table service. Groups of girls, don't think just because you are girls you can cut the line...be nice about it and ask (not demand) for assitance. The doorman will not put up with snobby attitudes. Girls look the part as well. Sorry to say this, but the doormen are notorious for not letting in heavy set girls. I know, I know, its terrible, but its not me, its the club.

Wrist bands being handed in the street:
    bands are used to attract or market the clubs. they do not get you in free or reduced or speed up things for you. Full cover is charged with or without a wrist band. Wrist bands do not grant you access to the club, you still have to be of age, look the part, etc.

Once inside:
    Have fun. Tip the waitresses and bartenders accordingly. Drink wisely and avoid getting into a fight (jsut walk away, its not worth it). The last thing you want is to go to jail for being a smart ass or driving drunk.

Tickets:
    It is most likely that if anyone is trying to sell you tickets outside of the club, its probably a scam. Tickets have security features on them, technology I tell ya, so be cautious if you decide to purchase them off the street.
    Thanks for the tips! My friends and I are still going to try to go in since we already bought the tickets...if they don't let my beatiful plus size friend in then I guess we're heading out somewhere else that night...what a waste of money if that happens though...

For the ladies reading I'd like to expand a bit on the way most girls in Miami dress for a night out at the clubs. This article has lots of pics of stylish girls, along with some boutique reviews so you know where you can get the look.

A Girls Guide To Shopping and Style in South Beach - Miami Beach 411

Enjoy!

New User

Lightbulb Re: Helpful tips for partying in Miami

I have planed to visit my next trip to Miami.The tips you suggested will help me during my Miami trip.I love late night parties.The ways you considered in post are fabulous and reliable, which will help me as well as the other traveler who want to visit Miami and want to doing party late night

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast