Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Finally someone that cares about the locals!

with such a large focus on the tourist markets when it comes to sobe n goin out, the locals do tend to get shat on. the clevelander have set up a locals membership that gets u cheap drinks n meals during the nfl season. they had a launch last sunday where all locals got 2 free drinks n free food in there special upstairs area. bout time someone cared about the local market n not just the tourist dollar!!! i kno its no live or mansion but those guys will neva give a shit bout the local market

Never hurts to ask for a " Kamaaina Discount. "

Have you heard about the IN CARD ?

http://www.miamibeachincard.com/

no and no??? plz explain

i wouldnt say 10% off 2 bottles table service is lookin afta locals

Thanks for posting that Bob, sounds good.

However, The Opium Group are very good to locals, check this out...

Locals rejoice! The Opium Group presents a new Complimentary Privilege Program for our neighbors and service industry friends within Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Doubles, closing shifts, returns with no receipts, be forgotten … we’re offering immediate entry, complimentary admission for you and a guest plus reduced drinks and bottles to thank you for all you do to make Miami the world’s best place to live, work, and visit. Sign up on our website to receive your card via mail, which will give you immediate membership in the Privilege Program… because working in Miami has its Privileges!
    The Opium Group Industry Privilege Card

How long do I have to live there before I'm a "local"?

You just need a local address to have the card mailed to you for the Privilege Card.

But in general... there are many opinions on that one. I think the general feeling is, if you pass the 2 yr mark, you're an official local!

Jess, thanks for posting that! Very cool. I am definitely going to check it out.

Bob, we actually know the marketing people at Clevelander and they really are trying to appeal to locals. Anyone who went to "We <3 Locals" party this weekend (which we posted on our site) knows what I mean. Free hot dogs, chicken wings, Bud, Johnny Walker, giveaways, painted ladies. And you got your Rockstar card for future discounts.

They also have a late Friday happy hour targeted at locals. It is on the rooftop that they call the C-Level. Live local music, $5 munchies, drink specials. Starts at 8pm for all those who cannot make the stupid 4-7 happy hours (like me). It's great, you kick back on the couches, look out over the ocean and relax in the sea breeze.

Maybe we should have another MB411 meetup there!

Default Re: Finally someone that cares about the locals!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Thanks for posting that Bob, sounds good.

However, The Opium Group are very good to locals, check this out...

The Opium Group Industry Privilege Card

i guess i take that back then if they live up to there claims. anyone used the card b4?

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post

They also have a late Friday happy hour targeted at locals. It is on the rooftop that they call the C-Level. Live local music, $5 munchies, drink specials. Starts at 8pm for all those who cannot make the stupid 4-7 happy hours (like me). It's great, you kick back on the couches, look out over the ocean and relax in the sea breeze.
    It starts at 8PM? That is very cool, I can't make it for 7, helloooo, I work normal hours. Is it for anyone and everyone or you need beach ID etc?

When they say locals, do they mean just beach residents or people who live on the mainland?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post
    When they say locals, do they mean just beach residents or people who live on the mainland?
    For their Rockstar card, they include anyone with a Dade or Broward county ID. I am not sure if they are still giving out the discount card, but you could check.

Oh... wait... did you mean Opium? The above answer refers to Clevelander, I'm not sure about Opium.

How did I miss that Clevelander Party? I'm mad about this....

Coach, if you find out about the rockstar card can you get back to us with info on it here? Thanks in advance!!

for those too lazy to open the link.

Locals rejoice! The Opium Group presents a new Complimentary Privilege Program for our neighbors and service industry friends within Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Doubles, closing shifts, returns with no receipts, be forgotten … we’re offering immediate entry, complimentary admission for you and a guest plus reduced drinks and bottles to thank you for all you do to make Miami the world’s best place to live, work, and visit. Sign up on our website to receive your card via mail, which will give you immediate membership in the Privilege Program… because working in Miami has its Privileges!
    PRIVILEGE PROGRAM VENUES AND DATES:
    Mansion (Every Tuesday through Sunday)
    Cameo (Every Wednesday through Saturday)
    Black Out Dates Apply
    L
    earn more at: theopiumgroup.com/blackout

PRIVILEGE PROGRAM PRICING:

Cardholders will receive a 25% discount off INTO Energy, bottled water, bottled beers, any vodka, rum, scotch and select champagnes at the bar.
    Cardholders who order two regular price bottles off the menu will receive a complimentary bottle of vodka or champagne.
    NOTE:
    Privilege cards locals only, living in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Your Privilege Card may take 3 to 4 weeks to arrive, but will be sent to your mailing address provided.

i applied for mine so will test it out when i get it. immediate entry n no cover....that is lookin afta locals. aswell as 25% off ya booze!

anyone kno what they charge for a bottle of scotch n vodka? the 3 for 2 deal sounds great. do they give u free sodas for em or expect u to drink em straight?

Croat, at some point come hang out off the beach ... it is totally different there where decent prices and fun is available for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Maria de los Angeles View Post
    Croat, at some point come hang out off the beach ... it is totally different there where decent prices and fun is available for all!
    where u suggestin? all i kno at the moment is the touristy bits as only been in florida or the usa for that matter for 3 months

Oh! Maybe someday I can give you a Maria tour.

Gosh, the first place that comes to mind is Flanigan's (there's one in Surfside, by the way). After 9 PM, *ALL* drinks are half off. ALL OF THEM ... even premium brands. You can have a couple of martinis for five bucks. This is a restaurant/sports bar with a fishing/seafood theme.

Flanigan's

Morton's has a great happy hour during the day and evening too ... actually, there's one in mid-beach. I wrote about that here: Morton's Summer Menu - FANTASTIC happy hour

Perricone's in Mary Brickell Village has $10 Pasta on Thursdays.

I guess my point is that because the rest of the county is not as touristy, there is no need to give locals extra special discounts because everything is priced more or less fair across the board.

I love that the Clevelander is doing that for ALL locals, not just Miami Beach residents.

By the way, the Miami Beach INCard gives priority to Miami Beach residents. They get a steeper discount than Miami-Dade residents.

u got a link to the miami beach incard?

Here you go, Bob. UTS had linked it above.

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Sun View Post
    Never hurts to ask for a " Kamaaina Discount. "

Have you heard about the IN CARD ?

INcard - Miami Beach

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast