Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Club Space Miami, any memories?

Space closed Sunday night after a massive ten year run, and I just wanted to dedicate a thread to the club and how amazing it really was. This is what the website said about it's closing, and I am just hoping it not only reopens but reopens with the same atmosphere and vibe. I've only lived here 2 years but it was by far my favorite club in Miami-Dade, and completely worth the $20 cab fare across the bridge.

After an astounding ten-year run, Space Miami will be closing it's doors for a much-needed rest and renovation. After this massive undertaking, a new and improved Space will emerge.
    A forum member PM'd me these questions also, which I'll try and answer

I was going to check it out sunday night, but i didnt have tickets and tickets at the door were $80! I think presale tickets were around $30. Is this common in miami for presale tickets to be so much cheaper than at-the-door tickets? When you go to space, do you usually go when there is a big event, rather than just a random saturday night? What are the sunglasses for? Do you (or most people) roll to keep you up all night, or can you find the energy without this?

just trying to be more prepared for when they open back up - i hope it will be the same club that it is known for!
    Pre sale tickets were $40 but sold out of course. Most people in there are rolling, but hey, all I need is a can of red bull and the music

I've been on huge event nights and regular nights and always had an amazing time. I'll post some photos later on for those who never made it there. Some of my fav memories are Sungal passing a red rose to Paul Van Dyke as he DJ'd, watching a girl snort a line right off her boyfriends chest in front of my face on the dance floor, standing in the fog machines that make you feel like you are the only person in the club, and dancing as it got light outside.

Any of you have any Space memories?

My memory is that the bartenders were so happy to make me a margerita since all they do is hand out water and look bored. It's sad that the only club that lets girls wear flip flops is out of business.

<<..."Most people in there are rolling, "...>>

What is "rolling"?

Thanks.

Glenn

Default Re: Club Space Miami, any memories?

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    <<..."Most people in there are rolling, "...>>

What is "rolling"?

Thanks.

Glenn
    Taking Ecstasy....

My favorite memories...man so many....

Partying there till 10am. At which time i went to my car changed shirts drove to the airport and got on a plane headed for Iraq was definitely a good one.

Last WMC, Friday night at the PvD event. Though i didnt even watch him i was upstairs going crazy on the terrace.

I love the fact that people there are happy, more open and nicer... granted it might have something to do with all the drugs people are on but still. The way the music brings all the people together and no one cares who you are, what you are wearing or anything will always make it the best place to party in Miami.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, yet, but it is re-opening in early October. Whether under same ownership or different is still secret.

Re-opens October 9... But who knows who owns it or if it will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l View Post
    I love the fact that people there are happy, more open and nicer... granted it might have something to do with all the drugs people are on but still. The way the music brings all the people together and no one cares who you are, what you are wearing or anything will always make it the best place to party in Miami.
    Wow, nice way to sum it up! That's what I would think everytime I went...everyone was so HAPPY. Even in the line to get in. No one looks that happy in Liv, they all look f-ing miserable.

I think my favorite memory I can recount in a Family Forum is the time my roommate woke me up at 8 AM, after I"d gone home wasted at 3 and he stayed out, demanding we go to Space. I was hungover, but grabbed a coffee on the way and showed up at the terrace at 9 am, stone sober with a coffee. I ordered an OJ at the bar and they gave me a screwdriver. I had to send in back, since I wanted no part of alcohol at that point. Pretty sure everyone in there thought I was a cop. I will say, watching the crackheads while you eat your breakfast is pretty fun.

That, and running the Miami Marathon this year right past Space and watching peopel come out with this look on their face like "What the FUCK is this?"

OK, Finally got round to re sizing some photos...
    One of the last times I went, I finally managed to get a cab (by chance) that had Take Me To Space on it. I had always wanted to get in a cab and say that!
    Here is the crowd on the last night, see how everyone can wear what they like?? It's awesome! And also a photo of the beach party I went to a few weeks back. Yes, i stole a Space beach ball...
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Default see if this works...

PvD

PvD

Blurry photo of Groove Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I think my favorite memory I can recount in a Family Forum is the time my roommate woke me up at 8 AM
    haha yea. Ive woken up at like noon on Sundays to see people still posting updates on Facebook from Space. A few times i thought about going down but i think after a certain time they stop letting you in?

Are those flicks from Space, Joe?

Yea, those are from the PvD event Friday night after Ultra.

So.. Now that Space has reopened whose been? Whats changed?

Not been yet. Haven't had a weekend in Miami since it reopened!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Not been yet. Haven't had a weekend in Miami since it reopened!
    I was looking through old photos today.... def gonna ask again if i can get my dates changed to March.

Oh God... March...

I'm starting to wonder whether that bottle we bought at the charity auction is going be subject to blackout dates every time we try and use it. SET is an Opium Group club, right? I'm guessing the bottle was donated, so we're giving the money to Charity, not TOG.

Yes, the bottle was donated, so the money went to the charity. But I'm not worried, we already agreed the date (birthday, remember?) unless wpns4l decides to change his dates.

And I will sort out the table, not you two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yes, the bottle was donated, so the money went to the charity. But I'm not worried, we already agreed the date (birthday, remember?) unless wpns4l decides to change his dates.

And I will sort out the table, not you two!!!
    I should know about my date change in a week or so. I dont work till Sunday so i'll ask then.

Quote Originally Posted by wpns4l View Post
    I should know about my date change in a week or so. I dont work till Sunday so i'll ask then.
    Jess, I went to Space last Saturday, after Mansion, Set, Mansion, and Cameo.. never again... they put something in my drink at Space.. i felt like crap.. blacked out....and was lost.. No I was not drunk.. I was on water most of the night.. its the first for me.. and let me tell you many people have told me the same after being at Space.. people beware....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast