Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hi 2fast4u,

About half the visitors in Miami have an accent/are from Europe so I hate to say it, but it's nothing special.

The Bentely is at the corner of 5th Strert and Ocean Drive, located at 510 Ocean Dr. It's a good location for going to the beach along Ocean Dr. Most clubs will be within walking distance or a short taxi ride away.

Glenn

During Sprink Break, you'll have to play up the foreigner angle with Spring Break girls. Thing is, a lot of them speak no other languages, and as such communicating with them and trying to hook up may be difficult. That being said, if you find one who did a semester abroad in Germany, and is eager to show off her new found multiculturalism and try and Speak German to you, you're set. Much like an English accent, a foreign one makes you different that the frat guys she's been dealing with for months on end.

Bottom line, the language barrier may eliminate your chances with a lot of girls, but will be an instant "in" with others.

New User

thanks for your answers!

umm...as you might have noticed, i already wrote in english, so i think my language skills are similar to any average drunk guy over there. i do'nt want to speak german with the girls, i just asked about the accent

and i don't want to talk about politics or rocket science neither, just drunk small talk.

Default Re: Spring Break 2011

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    thanks for your answers!

umm...as you might have noticed, i already wrote in english, so i think my language skills are similar to any average drunk guy over there. i do'nt want to speak german with the girls, i just asked about the accent

and i don't want to talk about politics or rocket science neither, just drunk small talk.
    Your English (and spelling) is better than some of the members we have on here whose first language is English!

Drunk small talk won't be a problem over Spring Break. It's probably all you will find.

I'm just saying, you might run into some drunk girls who want to show off the 12 words in German they learned during a semester abroad in Munich. It can work to your advantage.

New User

i got your point, but you also wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    ...Thing is, a lot of them speak no other languages, and as such communicating with them and trying to hook up may be difficult...

...the language barrier may eliminate your chances with a lot of girls...
    and for that was my answer.

another question, which shirt brand is famous at the moment? because i don't want to carry my whole wardrobe over the atlantic and if i take the "wrong" things with me i'm afraid of looking like a hillbilly. i've got boss orange, boss handcrafted, hilfiger denim, ralph lauren and la martina (is la martina known and as expensive as over here? (about twice the price of a ralph lauren shirt))

On Spring break, nobody is really going to much care what brand of shirt you're wearing. Half the guys will be wearing "Auburn Football 2010 SEC Champions" shirts for crying out loud. Just brings what you think looks good. Spring Break, it is very much NOT about fashion in South Beach. now, if you wanna go to the VIP Bottle Service clubs - which I might add are a total waste of time on Spring break since you can hook up with hot girls at cheaper, nicer places - you might want to bring some of your expensive stuff. but otherwise, you're ok in whatever.

It's not about what design wear you have, it's about what looks really nice. Jess might know about H&M, Republic and River Island down here in England. While they are not on the same level as GUCCI for example, they have some good nice clothes in there for a good price. I'm sure they have H&M in the US if i'm right. Girls just wanna get off with a guy they think is HOT and not because their wearing DESIGNER clothes; as long as their clothes look nice on them then thats all that matters. Oh and if your a confident guy that can approach any girl, that can help, I think thats my secret weapon :p - Matt will be a key witness.

We do have H&M here. I beleive the nearest one to Miami is in Palm Beach County, though. But yes, I know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by megaz View Post
    It's not about what design wear you have, it's about what looks really nice. Jess might know about H&M, Republic and River Island down here in England. While they are not on the same level as GUCCI for example, they have some good nice clothes in there for a good price.
    All 3 of those stores are good for guys clothing. UK does great guys clothes.

H&M is opening in WPB as I heard. I go all the way to Sanford now for my fix, near Orlando!

New User

Cool Re: Spring Break 2011

Hey I have some questions about going to SoBe for SB 11. I'm from Indianapolis and my friends and I are trying to figure out where to stay down there (if we for sure go there). I can't find too much about Spring Break in South Beach on the internet.

We want to be where several other spring breakers will be... what are some good hotels?

Also, you probably hate this show, Jersey Shore, but I love it. I'm obsessed and Italian Haha but we want to try to go to the clubs they went to (Tantra and BED).

So we want to stay close to those places and still would like to be close to or on the beach!!

Please help me out with any info you have!!!

If you're looking at hotels near them though, Tantra is on about 16th Street and BED is on about 9th. So any hotel between those streets would leave you in short walking distance to either one. As long as you are staying in South Beach, between about 5th Street and 23rd Street, you'll be near the SB action. We have a guide on this site you may find helpful...

South Beach Spring Break Visitors Guide - Miami Beach 411.com

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Anf just FYI...Tantra is good on Mondays. BED is striaght up ghetto and nasty pretty much evey night of the week. Nowhere decent actually would let the Jersey Shore people in, because we more or less have an image to maintain and didn't want to be associated with them. Just saying, those two places are not good places to go out.

Hey, I'm from Belgium (they speak pretty much all languages so apparently that'll work out great for me..) and I'm booking my plane tickets tomorrow.
    I was planning on going the 20th of march up until april 2, is that an appropriate date to experience springbreak in southbeach?

I could also use some advice about how much money I should bring for 12 days (food, drinks, ..) Just so I can get a better view on what my budget is going to be..

Maybe I'll be able to bring some belgian beer with me to return the favor

New User

yesterday i asked myself the same question. we are 6 nights in SoBe from 3/3 - 3/9 and i decided, that 1300-1600$ (~1000-1200) should be good for shopping, food and drinking. about half the money will be spent on clothes and gifts and the other half on a liver damage and food. we are also booking our flights this week and the hotel (the bentley) is already booked. which airline will you choose? have you noticed airberlin, they fly nonstop for ~600 to MIA and back

New User

Hey Matt- you seem like you know what you're talking about and don't mind people askin you questions, so let me fill u in- me and three of my cousins are comin down to miami for our spring break (Dixie State College) from southern Utah where were from. We'll be there march 15-18 and then we go on a cruise the 18-21 on Royal Caribbean through the bahamas. First off, where should we stay at that isn't too expensive (over 200 night) but close to where all the action is at. and also where should we go during the day and at night where all the babes and fellow spring breakers will be? .... Also we like house and electronic music so are there any clubs that aren't ridiculous to get into, that play good dance music like that? or are they all high end and a joke to get into? We are good looking guys for sure but we don't wanna waste two hours and fifty bucks cover charge to spend just to dance by ourselves around stuck up bitches... Thanks man,

Blake

Verm - I think if you budget about $100 a day you can have a good enough time. You wont be going to any of the fancy spots, high end restaurants, or nice clubs. But that's enough to eat and drink comfortable in normal places. If you want to go out and drink at dinner and eat at one or two of the tredny restaurants, get bottles at clubs, and the like, budget double that. So, basically, I's say between $1300-2500. This, of course, does not include your hotel cost.

Sadly, the dates you will be here are after Spring Break. You may find a few from the West Coast who made the trip over, but the big SB rush is the first two weeks of march, and a little the 3rd week. By the time your trip rolls around, Miami will be back to normal. Which is still a great time, especially that time of year. Just not Spring Break.

Quote Originally Posted by bdebslc View Post
    Hey Matt- you seem like you know what you're talking about and don't mind people askin you questions, so let me fill u in- me and three of my cousins are comin down to miami for our spring break (Dixie State College) from southern Utah where were from. We'll be there march 15-18 and then we go on a cruise the 18-21 on Royal Caribbean through the bahamas. First off, where should we stay at that isn't too expensive (over 200 night) but close to where all the action is at. and also where should we go during the day and at night where all the babes and fellow spring breakers will be? .... Also we like house and electronic music so are there any clubs that aren't ridiculous to get into, that play good dance music like that? or are they all high end and a joke to get into? We are good looking guys for sure but we don't wanna waste two hours and fifty bucks cover charge to spend just to dance by ourselves around stuck up bitches... Thanks man,

Blake
    Blake -

Dixie State College? Man, can you bring some JC football recruits with you to take at look at UM please? We just got a new coach.............

Insofar as hotels, I'd say stay at one of the smaller, Deco hotels anywhere between 5th and 17th Street. You'll be in the middle of the action and the prices are less than at the bigger places. I can't tell you any specifics, but if you have questions about specific places either PM me or post a question in the forums and we can answer it. There's literally 100s of Hotels in the Beach, so giving you just one might be tough. Be advised, though, the rooms are SMALL for 4 people.

Clubs, I"d say don't even f*ck around with Set or Louis or Mansion or Cameo if you want good electronic music and no BS. Take a cab downtown to Club Space. The downside is it doesn't really get going until 2 or 3, so maybe hang out at some Spring Break spots, and if you don't have any chicks on the line head over to Space.

Insofar as finding Spring Breakers...Clevelander is like the Spring Break epicenter. It's a fun time, but gets mad crowded. But that'll be the biggest SB Spot. Fat Tuesday's and Wet Willie's on Ocean Drive are frozen drink places that also get crazy during SB. Especially like the Fat Tuesday's dance floor. Playwright and Waxy O'Conner's, both on 13th and Washington, are my favorite places to pick up girls on Spring Break. The crowd there is typically the girls who don't wanna be around the screaming-attention-whore sorority girl types you'll find at the other places, and just wants to drink and talk to people. And those, as you may or may not know, are typically the girls who are the most DTF. But I'd stick to those spots for an SB experience.

I can't emphasize enough,though, avoid any place that talks about bottle service or has a line that looks like BS. No matter how hot the girls you meet who say they're going there are. I listed them above, but, seriously, if you want to enjoy your time in Miami don't waste your time on those places.

New User

good man! haha yeah u would be surprised at some of the players in D2 football... some are pretty damn good. But ya man thanks a lot for the info. were gonna use it. Were pretty stoked to come down there this will be our first spring break in the miami area. maybe well run into eachother ragin..

Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    Verm - I think if you budget about $100 a day you can have a good enough time. You wont be going to any of the fancy spots, high end restaurants, or nice clubs. But that's enough to eat and drink comfortable in normal places. If you want to go out and drink at dinner and eat at one or two of the tredny restaurants, get bottles at clubs, and the like, budget double that. So, basically, I's say between $1300-2500. This, of course, does not include your hotel cost.

Sadly, the dates you will be here are after Spring Break. You may find a few from the West Coast who made the trip over, but the big SB rush is the first two weeks of march, and a little the 3rd week. By the time your trip rolls around, Miami will be back to normal. Which is still a great time, especially that time of year. Just not Spring Break.
    Fuck
    A girl told me it was end march..
    Thank god you can still beat up women over here

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast