Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Opium Group Gold Card No Longer Accepted Anywhere

I got a lovely email from Valerie over at The Opium Group the other day, kindly informing my that the Opium Group Gold Card would no longer be accepted at any TOG locations. Classy, TOG, f-ing classy.

Now, you need the Platinum card. Which is easy enough to get, apparently....

"If you want to apply for Platinum Card, which gives free access to all venues, please ask a bartender or a server for an application next time you are at Louis Bar-Lounge, Mokai or SET they will be happy to provide you an application card. "

So pay cover at one of your most expensive places, if I'm lucky enough to get in, and I can APPLY for another one?! On the off, off chance the bartender actually has time to go get one for me?! Gosh, Opium Group. Christmas just ended, you didn't need to get me ANOTHER present.

Fuck the Opium Group, and fuck anyone who even suggests someone go to one of their sad excuses for a club. Can we just please revoke every business license the city has given these clowns now?

Matt -

Don't worry. The Platinum Card will be good for at least 2 weeks. Then, everyone will be forced to upgrage to their newest card, shown below:

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 01-13-2011 at 01:05 AM.

I am confused. What's the gold card? Do you mean the Privilege Card?

Default Re: Opium Group Gold Card No Longer Accepted Anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    Matt -

Don't worry. The Platinum Card will be good for at least 2 weeks. Then, everyone will be forced to upgrage to their newest card, shown below:

Glenn

Seriously, the only local discount card worth having is the Starbucks Card.

Yeah, the privilege card, Jess. I guess it's like the Privilege Gold Card. Now you need the Platinum one, only accessible by the method explained above. Maybe we can ask for one when we use that bottle we bought at the charity auction (the money went to a good cause, NOT these bastards. Only reason I'm doing it).

Of course, knowing TOG, they'll only honor it on Mondays in August.

lol ive used my privilidge card 2-3 times at mansion and never once got in free. every time i was able to jump the line but never once did they let me in free. always fed me sum shit about someones performing tonight so its 30 buks. assholes! oh and i got my iphone stolen from there by a pick pocket on the dance floor. great place!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    "If you want to apply for Platinum Card, which gives free access to all venues, please ask a bartender or a server for an application next time you are at Louis Bar-Lounge, Mokai or SET they will be happy to provide you an application card. "
    So if you have to apply, they can say no? Based on what?

I got a lovely email from Valerie over at The Opium Group the other day, kindly informing my that the Opium Group Gold Card would no longer be accepted at any TOG locations. Classy, TOG, f-ing classy.

Now, you need the Platinum card. Which is easy enough to get, apparently....

So pay cover at one of your most expensive places, if I'm lucky enough to get in, and I can APPLY for another one?! On the off, off chance the bartender actually has time to go get one for me?! Gosh, Opium Group. Christmas just ended, you didn't need to get me ANOTHER present.

Fuck the Opium Group, and fuck anyone who even suggests someone go to one of their sad excuses for a club. Can we just please revoke every business license the city has given these clowns now?
    stop being such a hater matt.. the platinum card is actually better..gives better bottle and discount deals..and its for locals only.. if you need one and you are a local go to to The Opium Group Industry Privilege Card, it shows gold but the platinum is sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
    lol ive used my privilidge card 2-3 times at mansion and never once got in free. every time i was able to jump the line but never once did they let me in free. always fed me sum shit about someones performing tonight so its 30 buks. assholes! oh and i got my iphone stolen from there by a pick pocket on the dance floor. great place!
    read the disclaimers, special events, there is no free admission.... The Opium Group Industry Privilege Card

Black Out Dates Apply
    Learn more at: theopiumgroup.com/blackout

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    read the disclaimers, special events, there is no free admission.... The Opium Group Industry Privilege Card

Black Out Dates Apply
    Learn more at: theopiumgroup.com/blackout
    and every time i have been hasnt been a black out weekend at all. ive always checked either b4 i go out or once ive lost the hang ova and yer its all a crock of shit.

Well, Mansion runs big nights a LOT, after all, it is Miami

The normal nights when it works may not be many, it will be things like Thanksgiving weekend when the locals are here but no tourists really as they all went home. That's how I understand it.

The card seems like a pretty good deal if they actually honor it. No wait, free entry, and 25% off drinks..but I'm sure once you're at the club they know you're going to stay whether the charge a cover, make you wait, or tell you margaritas aren't part of the deal. People should just leave and go elsewhere if they don't do what they say they're going to do. I don't think Opium Group's clubs are so special anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Well, Mansion runs big nights a LOT, after all, it is Miami

The normal nights when it works may not be many, it will be things like Thanksgiving weekend when the locals are here but no tourists really as they all went home. That's how I understand it.
    they only list a handful of lock out nites on there sites. the nites i went are DEFINATELY NOT nites they list as lockouts. also i left my gold card behind the bar with my credit card and checked the statements a few days later as every drink i bought was charged 14 ea at full price. again no discount as listed on basic spirits. its a good place but its shady as fuk!

Quote Originally Posted by croatbob View Post
    they only list a handful of lock out nites on there sites. the nites i went are DEFINATELY NOT nites they list as lockouts. also i left my gold card behind the bar with my credit card and checked the statements a few days later as every drink i bought was charged 14 ea at full price. again no discount as listed on basic spirits. its a good place but its shady as fuk!
    put the receipt on here.. bc i can tell you straight out two things.. the card works as i have one and have used it and the discount works.. and the second thing is no other club in miami offers a vip card with weekly drink and bottle specials.. sorry.. ive worked for every club in miami except arkadia.. and i can tell you for a fact.. and its not to defend OG, they got their share of problems like other clubs do as well.. but lets not take it overboard.. the card works.. and from what u are telling us u got in... anyway.. weekly emails are sent out to those that have the platinum card.. so there are no hidden surprises.

"Stop being a hater?" Jeez, Fabian. Why don't you ask me to stop breathing while you're at it?

I will say, much as I dislike TOG, you're right. They ARE the only clubs in South Beach who have some sort of running discount program for locals. Inconsistent and somewhat-shady as it might be, I suppose it's better than nothing.

Does anyone else here remember Crobar Community? No there, THERE was a solid locals card.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabian G. View Post
    put the receipt on here.. bc i can tell you straight out two things.. the card works as i have one and have used it and the discount works.. and the second thing is no other club in miami offers a vip card with weekly drink and bottle specials.. sorry.. ive worked for every club in miami except arkadia.. and i can tell you for a fact.. and its not to defend OG, they got their share of problems like other clubs do as well.. but lets not take it overboard.. the card works.. and from what u are telling us u got in... anyway.. weekly emails are sent out to those that have the platinum card.. so there are no hidden surprises.
    all i get out of em is weekly spam aswell. easier for me just to not go to there clubs then put the reciepts on here. they going to refund me for all the covers ive paid on non lock out nites? no chance in hell

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    Matt -

Glenn

That was hilarious Glenn!

the email read,
    "I have to inform you that the old Red Privilege Card does not work anymore, we accept only the Privilege Gold and Platinum Cards."

So doesn't that mean the gold card is still valid?

Ok, I don't believe mine said that, but I could be wrong. Deleted it a while ago. Still, why discontinue the use of the Red Card?

Ok, I don't believe mine said that, but I could be wrong. Deleted it a while ago. Still, why discontinue the use of the Red Card?
    red and gold no longer accepted.. only platinum.. why red and gold no more.. dont know..i can find out if you really want to know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast