Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Questions about Miami Ultra Music Festival

Default Re: Questions about Miami Ultra Music Festival

That was a lawsuit waiting to happen....how are they doing the free water?

New User

They're having water filling stations...my guess is it will be similar to Lollapalooza and (soon to find out) EDC. Big tents full of water tanks and fountains to fill your bottles and camelbaks (i think) etc etc. The lines get sooo long though and it's tough not to just go to the empty tent that sells water haha!

Oh! And last year at Ultra there were tons of shuttles. Well, I'm not sure if they were official but every time we'd go to the bus stop some rando person would come over (after enough neon attire gathered together) and holler about $5 or $10 rides to Ultra. I think one time we paid $10 to get back, all the other times we paid $5... except the one time we found out the couple waiting for the bus with us had a car so we all walked back, met this high ass French dude, and off we rode to Ultra. Totally doesn't seem like a good idea, but it was at the time and we're still alive! haha!

Ahhh we're coming back this year and I waited too late (again) to get after party tickets :'( Think it'll be extremely tough (read: $100+ cover charge) to get in at the door?

Don't worry, I forgot too, and now I refuse to pay high covers. Guess I'll go next year...

Yeah those shuttles definitely were not official. Just enterprising Miamians.

New User

Hey, I'm not mad at them. Official, unofficial... if it gets me where I need to go, it's all good. Can't beat a $5 shuttle! They're all over tho...Saturday night there were about three huge tour bus shuttles parked, waiting to take people back to SoBe.

Ugh. I was afraid of that. I guess we'll have to mingle with a group of guys in need of girls to get in LOL

I really wouldn't mind checking out lesser known acts at other clubs but I have a feeling the girls I'm going with will be hell bent on seeing Afrojack & the likes. The only big name I want to see outside of Ultra is Kaskade.. he puts on a hell of a show.

It's frustrating really... we got in to Mansion to see Avicii during Labor Day weekend for free ...if he were to play Mansion during WMC week I'm sure it'd be $100+. Same guy, same place just timing. Blah!

I saw afrojack live a couple months ago. Nothing special at all. He's tall, that's about it. Otherwise he's not playing much your average resident DJ at a decent club is.

Kaskade is at Story. Expect to pay big bucks!

New User

Yeah, I wasn't really impressed with Afrojack's Ultra set last year. He's okay, but not at the top of my DJ list.

Kaskade is at Story during weekend 1 and at Liv weekend 2...both events sold out in like, oh, 10-15minutes... but the affordable tickets were gone in less than 5 minutes.

Aaahhh it's crazy. Guess I should just be happy with going to Ultra LOL I'm pretty sure this'll be my last year. Next year I want to come back for WMC and play at the pool parties and really bounce around the events. I love the music, and always like exploring new stuff... Ultra really isn't the best place for that, but it's still a good time haha. Couldn't miss this lineup this year, pretty wicked!

I know the Miami Heat have been playing well and drawing a great crowd this year, I wonder how games at the AA arena will Ultra, or vice versa, especially when you consider the parking limitations for both events.

New User

Pretttty sure us Ultra goers are going to piss off the Heat fans LOL

Perhaps last year I expected things to be a lot worse than what they were...as in, I expected the absolute worst... an hour to get there, an hour to park, an hour to get in to the festival, chaos everywhere etc. But it wasn't that bad. We found a shuttle quickly, got there (from South Beach) within 30 minutes and found a shuttle back quickly. Even the day that we rode with the people we met that had a car... it didn't take long to get there and get in to the festival. Maybe I was just lucky.
    Not that there weren't a crap ton of people everywhere you looked near Bayfront though... there was a RIDICULOUS amount of people!Name:  ALine.jpg
Views: 863
Size:  107.2 KB

Wow, that's a crowd. I never dealt with crowds that big when I went. Then again, I got there a few hours after it started each day.

I am dying to go, but only want one day ticket on the last weekend, which they don't sell anymore.

They had a Heat game the first night a couple of years ago. I went to the Arsht Center that night, it was one of the worst traffic situations I've ever seen in this city.

New User

Surprisingly enough, that line moved FAST for there being so many people LOL!

Yeah you'd have to get a ticket off someone who happens to not be going. Did you want Sunday for SHM?? I can't wait for that set, but then again I can...I imagine everyone and their baby's mama's cousin is going to be there... it's going to be crazy crowded at the main stage!

Side question, I happened to get 2 extra tickets that I no longer need... I've posted on craigslist and gotten a lot of response... but now I'm kind of worried about the chances of being ripped off? I mean, I have the tickets so they'll have to pay me first. But is there a high CL crime rate in your city? Here there have been a lot of people being harmed and or killed.. but then again I live in a big of a country state so I guess the hillbillies have nothing better to do? Ugh.

Only crimes like cons, scams and ripoffs. But I mean that's the sort of thing, be smart, meet at a Starbucks or something to trade payment for tickets. But you don't hear about murders or anything like that here, no.

SHM Friday would have been cool except for the 9 million people also trying to see them. I realized Ultra really is best at one of the side stages seeing an act maybe not everybody knows is there.

New User

Hell yeah! I want to see a bunch of other acts too, some right before SHM... so I'm preparing to not be up close and personal. Wouldn't want to be though either... I'd get smashed!

Ahhh good! It'd be pretty tough to scam me if I don't hand the tickets over until I get the payment... well, I'd think LOL. I plan to go with my roommate and one other friend and meet in a public place... so I don't really see us being held at gunpoint... but like I said, folks are crazy here in Ohio and I know what a commodity the Ultra tickets are, so I figured I'd ask.

I ask y'all everything LOL you all really are awesome Thanks for that!

My friends have always bought Ultra tix from CL, you'll be fine!

I actually went to Ultra last Sunday, 2 days ago, so I'm pretty content right now not to go again. I've also seen SHM many times, they've been around for years, so one show isn't gonna matter to me. Plus, last show?? Yeah right. They also said they'd never play Ultra again. Plus they are mainstream now. Once I started hearing their stuff on Y-100, it was all over for me.

How many last shows has SHM done?

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    I realized Ultra really is best at one of the side stages seeing an act maybe not everybody knows is there.

^^^^^ THIS!!!!!!
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

New User

UMF Wknd2 had a KILLER lineup but was an ABSOLUTE shit show if you ask me. Generally speaking, on numbers, I'm sure they're all basking in success... but when it takes you about an hour to get from the main gate to the stage you want to see an act act... (when it normally should take around 15 minutes)... ugh! They let WAY TOO MANY people in this year! It was chaos... and SHM, honestly, put on a good show...but it wasn't any different from the other shows and I really regret standing there as long as I did with my friends and not venturing off to Wolfgang Gartner sooner because he was doing damage!

Other than that, I had a fun vaca haha! Next year I'm sticking with WMC only...UNLESS Daft Punk does make an appearance in which I'll probably decide last minute to find a day pass haha

New User

Oh and I got my tickets sold and I'm still alive!

Thanks again for answering my many questions haha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast