Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What do you get with a Ultra VIP ticket?

hi! can anyone give some insight as to what to really expect with these tickets??? do you really get to meet artists? are drinks insanely overpriced? its my first time at this festival and i just like to be prepared and know what i can expect.

I went general admission last year, not sure what the VIPS get, other than a separate area from the stage. I'd rather be in the middle of the crowd myself. I'm sure you get other stuff though, otherwise why charge so much?

Default Re: What do you get with a Ultra VIP ticket?

hey jess

it is our first time going to the festival. i expect we'll be all over the event checking everything out, but........ we also wanted the option of having a place to chill, get out of the sun, and maybe even a quicker trip to the bar or br facilities. i know there is an area somewhat close to the main stage also.

the umf site does state what you get, but sometimes what they say and what you really get are two very different things,lol. i'm just hoping someone here on the site may have some advice, tips, experiences as to having this kinda ticket. i had read on another site that having this ticket also gives you some advantage to get into some nightclubs????? but that i am not buying,lol

I truly don't think the VIP is anything that special, unless it has separate toilets!!!

oh honestly not wanting/trying to come across as snobby or anything. i am just simply hoping to find out any info i can, thats all.
    cheers!

I did the VIP thing a few years ago. The big advantage is there is no line at the bar. Ever. And while you can find short bar lines at Ultra if you know where to go GA, the VIP there's never anything. It also offers nice fenced off VIP areas where you can indeed go chill when the hordes of people get to be too much (Which, if you're not on drugs, takes about 20 minutes). You also get air conditioned bathrooms with similarly non-existent lines and some areas closer to the stage for the big acts.

No, you do not get to meet artists. Or if you do you're meeting the ones who actually meet with people (aka the ones you've never heard of). But if you have the money and you are the type who can't deal with lines or insane masses of people for long periods of time, VIP is def. the way to go.

Drinks are def. seriosuly overpriced. I believe a single drink last year was $10, beer was like $7. Water I think was 5. So if you're planning to get drunk, flask it like you do at a club. I will warn you, though, it is easier to sneak drugs into Ultra than it is to sneak water in. This, of course, if because there's no drug concession stand for the organizers to make money off, whereas if you bring your own water they don't get your money.

ha, great! drugs arent an issue for me and just the fact i dont need to line up forever to get to the br is beauty.... but , man this trip is becoming expensive very fast!!!! yikes!! oh well, its a once in a lifetime trip for me, best to make the most of it!!!!!

Just out of curiosity, what are those thieving bastards asking for a VIP ticket this year?

$500 + fees/taxes so like $575 right now. I don't think its worth it at all. I've been to 4 Ultra parties and at 2 of them some kid gave me their wristband as they were leaving so I got to chill in the VIP area. Still nothing special. It had a little stage, hammocks, and cleaner porta-potties. That's about it. I think in the past u get drink deals, a cd maybe a t-shirt. As Matt said no line for drinks. I've been to enough of them to not need to go again. If you go I recommend getting them like the DAY the tickets come out for the best deal and just getting general admission.

I guess it boils down to how much it's worth for you to avoid crowds. Is that price for the 3 days, Shannon? Cuz isn't like a 3 day pass to Ultra like $300 already?

Ya its $220 for 3 day general admission and $500 for 3 day VIP. On top of that there are fees etc. that run about $80. I doubt they will even sell less than 3 day passes this year as I'm sure it will sell out w/ just that, but we shall see. Ya the vip area gets ya away from the crowd a little but you have to fight the crowd most of the time. At my first Ultra party is started getting packed just after sunset, at my last Ultra party it started getting packed an hour after I got there. It was taking like 20-30 min to get from one stage to the next w/ the crowd. If you go bring a little packet of tissues for the porta-potty cuz when they run out they don't replace the TP all that much. Make sure the packet is new/sealed so they don't think you are trying to sneak drugs in w/ it when they search you at the front gate. LoL. My " to bring list " for Ultra has always been: ID, Ticket, Cash, Phone w/ Camera, Tissues. LOL.

shannonsobe, like the 'what to bring' list......

Mine last year was ID, cash, ticket, phone (which was pointless as they don't work within the festival), anti bacterial gel (best thing ever after using the toilets) and most important, sunglasses!

$575? Dang, you can take a weeklong cruise for that, all food included!

ooo good idea on the antibacterial gel. can u see that last time I was at Ultra I was not a FL residence, hence forgetting about the sunglasses. Ya Coach, its nuts. Hey if you are loaded go for it, just not worth it to me. :p

If I go, I am going for one day. But this year I think I am seeing Swedish House Mafia anyway.

The only Dj I am going to miss seeing is ATB All the rest I've seen many times before (for the most part)

New User

Im coming over from the UK and I REALLY want to see chemical brothers on the sunday but we already have tickets for Get Physical Yacht Party on friday and SHM on Saturday so we don't want to buy a 3 day pass.
    Do you think it will be easy to get hold of a one day out there for the sunday, luck of people leaving/meeting some people with connections
    Me an dmy friend are quite good/lucky with meeting people

I think it all depends on if there is going to be 1 day pases for sale or not (it very well may sell out w/ the 3 days passes)

Also, I am not sure this year how the tickets will be printed. They are supposed to mail them out the 2nd week in March. I know there are plenty of people who want to sell a day or two of their 3 day pass but I am unsure if they will be able to. They may require that your ID match your ticket.

You could try going on Ultra Music Festival's Facebook wall during the 2nd week in March and see if anyone is trying to sell a day of theirs (if they can)

Good luck.

Tickets are printed on separate tickets for different days. Many people sell them the day of or in the weeks before on craigslist. I think Sunday is your best option, as many people will be tired out and not want to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast