Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How To See If You Are Ok To Drive After Drinking

Sometimes its really hard to tell if you are okay to drive after drinking. Many times after having a couple you may feel just fine but if you are a small girl (not that I am) just one can put you over the legal limit. I'd LOVE to buy a real breathalizer but they are $$$. It would be cool to know your exact level and also it could be fun to see where u are at compared to your friends... more than the game I used to play w/ friends where we would say " what number are you at " meaning on a scale from 1-10, how drunk are you? So I found this website which is for novelty use only but from what I seen using it and judging how I feel, its pretty accuate Blood Alcohol Calculator Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself Save the link to your phone and check yourself when your'e out :p

If I can walkupright , including stumbling, I can drive

Since I've become a Floridian, I've picked up bad habits.

Oh mannnnnnnnnn. I'm glad most of the bars are within a 5 block walk from me. I just have to be careful (very careful) not to get on my scooter after I've had more than 1. I have zero protection on that thing w/ less visability, so I have to be super alert.

New User

Default How To See If You Are Ok To Drive After Drinking

What is the Blood Alcohol limit in Florida? Anybody know?

Default Re: How To See If You Are Ok To Drive After Drinking

Quote Originally Posted by da_soopa View Post
    What is the Blood Alcohol limit in Florida? Anybody know?
    its the same in every state... that is the one of few laws that is generic in our country..

.8 is DWI, .5 is DWAI

So you can be in trouble w/ as little as .5

The Legal Limit :: Florida DUI Lawyer Blog

I think if you need some sort of device, calculator to check..you probably aren't OK to drive.

Lightbulb "Buzzed Driving IS Drunk Driving"

For the safety of the person drinking as well as others on the road, the above phrase is a useful guide, but it is only a guide.

The legal limits for DUI have been lowered and the penalties increased over the years. It is now a whole new situation!

DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET CAUGHT--make plans ahead of time!!!

Frankly, thats one of the reasons I love south beach! One can walk anywhere from 23rd to south pointe, even at night and in the worst case, a taxi is always nearby!

Look, I'm not trying to be a buzzkiller here, but things have gotten tight out there!

Think Florida is one of those States that no longer put up with offenders refusal to take breath analyzer test.

For the record, I was only kidding a bit about drinking and driving. I do however drink while riding a golf cart all the time.

Its totally not worth it. Just pay the money and take a cab.

Default Re: "Buzzed Driving IS Drunk Driving"

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin View Post
    For the safety of the person drinking as well as others on the road, the above phrase is a useful guide, but it is only a guide.

The legal limits for DUI have been lowered and the penalties increased over the years. It is now a whole new situation!

DO NOT LET YOURSELF GET CAUGHT--make plans ahead of time!!!

Frankly, thats one of the reasons I love south beach! One can walk anywhere from 23rd to south pointe, even at night and in the worst case, a taxi is always nearby!

Look, I'm not trying to be a buzzkiller here, but things have gotten tight out there!

Wise advice from a smart man.

Glenn

They sell little gadgets at Bed Bath and Beyond where you supposedly can check your bac. I'm not sure how accurate they are. I've always been curious to try them, but I see them more of a liability because if you do get pulled over while drunk and they find that on your key chain, they can use that evidence against you that you should have known better.

I agree w/ what everyone said above. I was mainly trying to show that for some people (certain weights) even 2 drinks can be considered DWAI. (Even when you feel totally normal after 2) They guy I'm seeing weights 160lbs. He goes out and has 2 ALL the time. He says he doesn't feel a buzz AT ALL after 2, however, he has about a .05 BAC meaning his ability to drive is not as good and he COULD get in trouble if pulled over. That was the point I was trying to make, as some don't realise they are already up to the impared level at just 2 drinks.

You are affected after the first sip. I took my driving test last year and had to do the 4 hour drug and alcohol exam... it made for interesting reading. If you intend to drive, you should not drink at all.

Of course no one follows this in South Beach.

A friend of ours got stopped on her first DUI offense, like 2 years ago. She still is not driving. It's going to cost her tens of thousands of dollars, once it is all said and done, between fines and classes and increased insurance and who knows what else. Seriously, you're better off dealing crack than drinking and driving, when it comes to punishment.

So, don't follow my example.

I'm not condoning drinking and driving in any way, but people drive on prescription meds, anti-histamines, ecstasy, cocaine, pot and other drugs that can also impair your ability. Not to mention that many drivers in Miami are already crappy behind the wheel to begin with.

I actually think it is good how strict they are about DUIs and how the punishment is severe. It is more so than it is in the UK, and rightly so. I am amazed more tourists are not hit by drunk drivers in SoBe. (Or crazy cab drivers!)

Senior Member FredTheCatTravels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    I think if you need some sort of device, calculator to check..you probably aren't OK to drive.
    Good point Christy.

Very true Maria & Jess!
    Maria, ya people drive under the influence of all kinds of stuff, even medicine that is prescribed for them that they shouldn't be driving on. I used to do drugs when I was younger, but haven't in about 8 years now, and looking at drug users of today, my main concern is them driving messed up and hurting someone, or themselves. Of course drugs are bad for you, illegal and well, they don't make them like they used to... but the driving thing, ya that freaks me out. There is no way to monitor w/ a drug if someone is too messed up to drive like they can w/ alcohol. I don't want to open up a can of worms here because I know this is a super touchy subject w/ the possibility of pot being legalized, I wouldn't be AS against it, IF when pulled over for driving crazy the cop could somehow test if the person were over the "stoned limit" LOL! Then again, as I tell my friends who have just 2 drinks and drive after..... “even if you feel 100% fine to drive and for the most part really are, if your judgment or attention is off by just ONE percent, it may be that one percent you need to avoid an accident (swerve in time) “ Wow, after reading this, I'm no longer going to drive after only one drink. I won't after ANY. (Well unless it’s an hour after one drink because then its out of your system) You girls are a good influence J

Finding myself for some unfound reason loving Miguel Cabrera's swagger. As he wandered in a stuper around his smoking car off a road in Ft. Pierce, he took a swig of whiskey in front of the inquisitive deputy.

Hope he gets good help. He's a heckofa player who also had an alcohol realted issue last year.

Miguel Cabrera Drunk Driving: Smoking Engine, Smoking Gun? « SportsChat
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 02-18-2011 at 12:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast