Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: I've made up my mind. It's Romney !

Default I've made up my mind. It's Romney !

Just concluded watching tonights debate. Unlike last go round, I'm already decided.

I know this forum tries to avoid political discussion but it's something we can't avoid. It's that season again.

After watching tonight's debate, I'm more confident than yesterday on the panel of Republicans. So much so, I'm going to join the Grand Ole party again. There are a handfull of candidates on stage I'd select over the incumbent.,

As a marketer most of my life, pounding the " over his head" line on the incumbent is a winner. That's where we are with the lame duck incumbent.

Thye incumbent wants to talk about jobs tomorrow. While that's being done, I'm watching NFL's opener confident we'll have a new functional president.

Default Re: I've made up my mind. It's Romney !

Even if I was at my college's game this weekend, I wouldn't wear a shirt my friend @uscpsycho is peddling this week for the tailgate.

We play Utah @ home.

Name:  utah.jpg
Views: 2018
Size:  58.7 KB

I'm in the Romney camp all the way ...............
    Matt Meltzer likes this.

As a Libertarian, I thought you would've been more of a Ron Paul guy...

I like Paul but he's a claimer in a Grade I race.

Does this site try to avoid political discussion? I must have missed that memo?

I am surprised. Romney certainly sounded much better sitting next to Perry, but I would be surprised if Americans vote for him, especially the religious right.

If I was a member of the GOP, I would go Ron Paul. But I am not.

GOBAMA. He killed the speech tonight. KILLED IT.

Preferred Member

If Romney becomes the President, there will be a baby boom! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Perri View Post
    If Romney becomes the President, there will be a baby boom! LOL

???????

Okay, I'll bite. Why will there be a baby boom?

Glenn

I presume Perri believes Romney will expand Deseret back to what it once was.

Missed last night's call to arms. Understand it's the same old thing: Pass it now and I'll tell you how we pay for it in two weeks.

Bottom line is we need to fix infrastructure sooner or later. I'm cool with that and the incentives for hiring.

Wouldn't that be more spending? Something Republicans are do-or-die against, just like raising taxes?

As long at Mitt will admit that taxes are gonna have to be reverted to the pre-Bush cut levels to balance the budget, he's got my vote. But people who insist this can be done without increasing taxes are delusional. I'm not going to engage in any kind of economics argument, you can pull out al kinds of theories that show otherwise. But from a logical standpoint, the economy was fine with those taxes, and we'll be fine with them again. And, most importantly, the majority of Americans FAVOR it. And if nothing else, that should be a reason to get behind it.

Socially, I don't think Mitt is gonna encourage large families or anything. He's smart to leave his faith at home as he know that alienates a lot of moderates. I'll never vote for Rick Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    I presume Perri believes Romney will expand Deseret back to what it once was.

Missed last night's call to arms. Understand it's the same old thing: Pass it now and I'll tell you how we pay for it in two weeks.

Bottom line is we need to fix infrastructure sooner or later. I'm cool with that and the incentives for hiring.

Ah, yes.....The 'ol polygamy thing. Though it's all been been "officially" outlawed since the 1800s, ..... these days, they'd have to make it equal, and have polyandry in Deseret, too.

I saw the speech last night. You are pretty close in your assessment. Hiring incentives (which are tax credits) would be good, but I lost count of how many times he said, "Pass it now", despite not giving any details for a couple more weeks. We've heard that one before. Mostly the same 'ol Chicago chicanery. A little Beltway bait and switch, mixed in with a healthy dose of Cook County book cookery.

I'm not super pleased with ANYBODY running for president at this point.

Blackford, how about if you run?

Glenn
    Last edited by GandJ; 09-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.

I can't really discern such a big difference between Obama and Romney. Obama has done nothing but continue the policies of Bush. At this point, I feel that the game is being orchestrated behind the scenes and the players are only ornamental.

One thing that I cannot seem to wrap my brain around is the outrage Republicans seem to have all of a sudden over federal spending. Bush and his cronies blew through the national savings account and maxed out all the credit cards with tax cuts and wars. Why now are they all about preaching the virtues of being frugal?? Their frugality seems to be exclusively geared towards programs that help the struggilng middle and working class...if they really want to balance the budget- and I don't think they do- they would realize that we need more income (taxes), that the working and middleclass cannot afford to be taxed more because they are already struggling to maintain ANYTHING in their lives, and that the top 1-2% do.not.need the tax breaks. Adjust the taxes back to pre-Bush levels, reduce some of the defense budget that is over inflated and we will get our fiscal house in order.

I think what they want to do is avoid having the economy come back under Obama's watch.
    Last edited by laurab; 09-09-2011 at 11:05 PM.
    Michelle, Doug and Christy like this.

Well said, Laurab!

In addition, I think this country needs a "person" to get elected president, not a "politician". It is a horrible game politicians play and we are all suffering because of it.

As a regular person, it's real clear to me how this country can get out of debt. It will take some difficult laws to be passed, such as legalizing and heavily taxing drugs, bringing the large corporations back to the US, taking the loopholes out of the laws that seem to say, if you make millions, you will pay less in taxes than a citizen making below the poverty line, etc.

Debt in itself is not a bad thing. It's something you can build your margins with.

If you went to college and own and partially own a home. you have a debt. It's a blessed thing.

The issue RIGHT NOW is we pay an unhealthy amount of GDP that has to pay interest on past abuses. Quarreling how we got there is a unfruitful exercise. Both parties are at fault.

The 2012 election is about jobs and adding revenue to the federal government to lower our interest payments and actually grow the economy to make it competitive.

It is of my opinion that the incumbent is way over his head with the responsilibilities placed on him. He doesn't have this type of experience. The hype is over and it's time to move on.

I always root and pray for whoever is president and will continue to do so. At this time, I'm also praying for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackford Oakes View Post
    Debt in itself is not a bad thing. It's something you can build your margins with.
    I keep telling that to my creditors, and I'm pretty sure they're Republican, but they still don't see things from this point of view...
    Mario, laurab and Mike LaMonica like this.

BLackford is right, though. This whole country is built on debt, and we've done pretty well for ourselves. I don't like assuming it, but without it the US wouldn't be what it is today.

That said, yeah, whoever wins in 2012 needs to focus on fixing the damage rather than pointing fingers at who is to blame. That goes for congress too.

It seems like the debt is so high that there's no way we'll ever pay it off, and no one seems to care..maybe there are no plans of ever re-paying. Who do we owe this money to anyway?

Thats what they said about Ronald Reagan...

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    It seems like the debt is so high that there's no way we'll ever pay it off, and no one seems to care..maybe there are no plans of ever re-paying. Who do we owe this money to anyway?
    The riddle of all this is we owe ourselves the biggest chunk. More so than that to foreign investors.

We actually owe it all to a guy named Vinny who lives in South Jersey. He has threatened to break Obama's kneecaps several times, but somehow we raise the debt ceiling JUST in time.
    Blackford Oakes, laurab and GandJ like this.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast