Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mirna
  • 1 Post By Gus
  • 1 Post By Matt Meltzer

Thread: Happy valentine's day. What are we doing?

Default Happy valentine's day. What are we doing?

Aren't we the third most Romantic city?

I like to celebrate whatever is out of the normal daily life and having a 5 years old give me the chance to enjoy every special day with some decorations and excitement.

I might not have a man in my life, but I have a lot of LOVE and I want to take this chance to celebrate with you this day.

Here is a pic of my home. Decoration = few dollars, seeing my son's face in the morning asking if it was my birthday= priceless.

Our plans are simple: spending time with few friends and eating chocolate until we explode.

What are you doing today?

P. S. I might hate Valentine's day next year but today I am feeling lovey dovey!

Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 531
Size:  221.0 KB
    swaps522 likes this.

Default Re: Happy valentine's day. What are we doing?

We don't subscribe to Hallmark or FTD sanctioned days.

That said, I got her flowers and power washed the garage and pavers in the rain.

All of a sudden she's a die-heart Miami Heat fan. I'll probably watch a bit w/her. My Lakers come on later. Depending on that result, will determine if I'm in the mood to wake her up at 0100 and say" Happy Valentines !

The queer thing about Valentine's and even Mother's Day, the gringo dates don't count. At least with the main women in life. If I'm not mistaken, Mirna from Argentina realises Mother's Day is not in May. I think onlt Spain, Costa Rica and Argentina follow the motherland custom. I just need to remind myself when Colombians honore V-D. I think it's in Sep.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 02-14-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Picnic in South Pointe Park! Love that park...

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Nice decorations, Mirna.

Michelle and I have a tradition of staying home and making a romantic steak and lobster dinner, and if I play my cards right, I can usually convince her to wear a sexy negligee in the kitchen.
    Christy likes this.

Mirna, I hope you and Matthew enjoyed every bit of it and didn't eat all the chocolate at once

I ate like 10 pieces of candy the other day and woke up not feeling very well...it's like crack - gotta love candy!!

Once again, the dinner was splendid babe, next year will be even better

New User

Maybe I'll just go on a date in a restaurant with my girlfriend. Well I guess it's the only thing I could do now since I've been very busy this days.

You are right Blackford Oakes, I am from Argentina but I celebrate Mother's Day in May and October (like in my country of birth). Thanks to the globalization, Valentine's day is celebrated in Argentina as well.

Before having my son, I didn't care much about the "gringos" dates but now my perspective has changed. My life is more complicated now since I double celebrate everything.

My girlfriend and I each chipped in $200 each and bought a 46 inch LCD tv for Valentines day and ordered pizza low key, but a give we can appreciate every day.

I spent the evening with my good friends on the Metrorail. We celebrated by not talking to each other and staring out the window into darkness.

It's like exchanging Christmas presents on the 27th. The savings are amazing.

Girls will always say "Oh, it's not a big deal." Like the time I had tickets to the Daytona 500 on the 15th and did a makeshift "Valentines Day" on the 13th. Nope no dice.

My question is..WHY???!!!! Why can't it be done a day earlier or a day later or whatever? It's like, no, if it's not on the 14th you're some kind of asshole? I don't get it...
    swaps522 likes this.

Women are emotional creatures hence misunderstood by men. You are like many men who get frustrated about the emphasis we put on this day or any special day.

Matt, this is what I would think if my partner changed Valentine's from the 14th to another day: If he chooses the 13th to do something special, I would expect something extra special on the 14th. I'd feel disappointed if he didn't do anything. If he chooses the 15th, I would think he doesn't care enough about me to be ready on time.

Not all women ask for men to do something special on this day, just one rose and a card on the 14th would do the trick.

If you don't want to disappoint your partner, discuss how much they care and what they expect weeks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mirna View Post
    Hi Mirna - love the decorations for V Day. Still, you need a few more colorful (beach scenes, etc.) pictures or posters on the walls. A five year old is all you need to make it a day of love. A potential mate is always around the corner, on a bus, on a barstool, at church, or at Publix, but don't forget the old adage: 'A hard man is good to find.' el Sid
    LOL thank you for the reminder.

I did need some wall decorations but my shopping was at last minute (1am at walmart) and it was crazy how the shelves were empty by the moment i got to the store.