Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Copa America minus Miami

Meeting up with 11 Costa Rican's this Saturday for Costa Rica vs. Paraguay. Many have bought their tickets including $18 service fee. I'm going to walk up and get us $40 seats. By the grace of God, not to many Ticos, or Paraguayos reside in the U.S..

One thing I noticed is there are plenty of more tickets available for Brazil vs. Haiti. Not really interest in that game which likely will be a blow out. True the lottery draw and seeding took place after the venues where announced. Surely the planners which they selected Miami over Orlando because of demographics. Right now, I can buy a BRZ vs Haiti ticket well below face value.

At least we're getting a Super Bowl.

Default Re: Copa America minus Miami

I don't even know which sport you are referring to and where you are talking about. Can you elaborate?! Is this soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I don't even know which sport you are referring to and where you are talking about. Can you elaborate?! Is this soccer?
    Depending who you talk to, the 2nd or 3rd biggest Soccer tournament involving national teams. Most in Miami would say bigger than UEFA. You'll soon find out as bars will overflow at the customary places. Even Doral will get in the act as Venezuela is a participant and a very decent team.

I still believe Miami should have gotten some games. I'm cool and lucky with Orlando and Costa Rica drawing this venue. Paraguay vs. Costa Rica. Though I'm a huge critic of CRC team, I'm happy my group has grown to 20 as finding a Costa Rican in this country is a tough business. As you might know, I have a smidge of that heritage.

The Citrus Bowl ( now called Camping World Stadium ) is getting some respectability. After massive renovations, I still don't care much for it. They just landed the Pro Bowl and the Miami Hurricanes might play their home opener if Joe Robbie isn't ready. I dig the renovations in at the Miami stadium, but not the schedule. Going to skip this season and just go to two games. Green Bay opening up in Jacksonville, and perhaps " LA " Rams at Tampa.

I'm glad the Super Bowl is returning to Miami.

i Still don't get how Miami got no games. You couldn't put them in Marlins Park?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meltzer View Post
    i Still don't get how Miami got no games. You couldn't put them in Marlins Park?

Don't get it either. Got back yesterday after three days in Costa Rica. Up till that point, the commentary about the organization of this tournament has come into question.

I went to Saturday's match in Orlando and the playing conditions were brutal. Must have been 108F on the pitch.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BGP7vrpo...blackfordoakes

As at many of the other venues, I bought tickets in advance, I was addressed to sit elsewhere. Good for me, better seats. The 200 section of the stadium was closed off as it was cost effective to do so. The same happened at the first game of the Rose Bowl. It was poorly attended, and ticket holders were encouraged to move to the eastern stands so the promoters can display the misconception of a full crowd. Nobody is going to these games. The Mexico game last night has been the only one well attended.

Not sure what Brazil vs. Haiti drew in Orlando the other night. It wasn't a great match-up as Brazil ( who sucks ) won 7-1. This game in Miami would have drawn.

The Copa America has been a disappointment so far. I hope it gets better in the next stage. This is going to starkly contrast with the UEFA Cup ( European Nation Teams ) which debuts today in France, minus the temptation of a terrorist attack.

As for " our " team," USNMT, were sitting pretty in 2nd place in Group A. Colombia has already punched a ticket to the next round, and "We" only have to tie Paraguay tomorrow to advance.

I surely hope this tournament get's better.

As far as the Citrus Bowl ( Camping World Stadium, ) it's now legit with the upgrades made courtesy of tourist tax dollars. Have no issues if I have to see another event there.

You gotta love a sport where you root for a tie against Paraguay.

is that new MLS stadium open up in Orlando yet? Looks like a palace. I went to the one in Houston (no game going on, just toured it) and it's magnificent. Something like that in Miami would be a perfect venue and could house UM football easily, giving them a real home field advantage. Of course, because it makes sense, that ensures it will never get done.