Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blackford Oakes

Thread: Hurricane Winds

Default Hurricane Winds

Yesterday afternoon a 305 neighbor called to check up on us and if we were at home. She witnessed a glass sheet take off from our balcony. Couldn't believe it as those glass furniture covers are 5' 2' and must at least weight 30lbs.

The good thing is it crashed in a grassy area and not on the island walk and nobody got hurt. We filed a report with the building, and as they have our keys, removed the furniture from the balcony into the condo , including another glass counter top on an identical table.

This happened around 6ish. I still can't believe what happened. Anyone here around DT area around that time ?

Default Re: Hurricane Winds

Yeah actually I was? And the weather was perfect yesterday, like picturesque perfect and not windy. So I find that very suspect.

At 6pm I was by the arena and drove to 14th and Biscayne (Four Seasons) so right by where you're talking about. No wind at all.

The plot thickens...

Thanks. Still can't believe it.

Sounds suspect to me. Maybe someone was in your apartment?

Last week in Bradenton we witnessed a fury of winds at a friend's in Bradenton. Not sure the species, the tree blooming now with Orange flowers was a threat. The Mts and I just looked at each other with the glass in mind. After further inquiry, there was an eye witness and it happened after the sun set. The glass flew into the ocean. That is also the conclusion of the building's security.

Here's an image of glass over table that is most exposed. https://instagram.com/p/BEgYKUAoYgz/

The glass top lifted was from the table with southernmost exposure and not the one on the link

No doubt it was a freak incidence but if you live in Brickell, you know UMF bounces and ricochets sht off walls.

So glad nobody got hurt ... and I'm still trying to digest the science of it.
    Jess likes this.