Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: No truer Miamians like Maria and Carlos

Default Re: No truer Miamians like Maria and Carlos

Hi Carlos. Thanks for stopping by and keeping it professional. It is good to hear from you in this medium, and I've expressed to everyone that your contributions are missed.

I still hope at some point we can work together again, as I enjoyed learning from you and collaborating.

Totally missed Carlos' cameo.

I don't know what went down , but I'll always respect the site owners from making moves they seem fit,especially in today's economy.

Having said that, the pizzazz and insightfulness of the site is gone without Maria and Carlos and it hasn't been replaced. It's been downgraded to having paid staff "liking" each others' menial posts. #justsayin

I love Gus and Michelle and what they're trying to do, and I want this site to thrive

If there is ever a " beer summit,' I'll buy as long as it's a full table.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 05-06-2012 at 02:47 PM.

rk

Thanks for stopping by, Carlos. Hope to see you back soon.

Blackford, I am not disagreeing with you entirely, it's hard to lose Maria and Carlos and expect no change, but I think you're being too hard on the current posters. It will take some time.
    Gus and Blackford Oakes like this.

the pizzazz and insightfulness of the site is gone without Maria and Carlos and it hasn't been replaced.
    gotta say I agree - there is a certain something that Carlos, and in particular, Maria, brought to this site that is distinctly missing without them. I don't intend that to mean there's anything "wrong" with it as it is now, I respect and of course continue to enjoy the site as it is; it's still a useful resource.

But without Maria's contribution it's not nearly as 'special' to me. in my opinion, she was pretty much the best poster here - jmo of course - but for me, her insight was more valuable to me, personally, than any other poster; when i was in the process of relocating here, it was her particular style, and her perspective as a born-Miamian that was the most interesting, and the most helpful, to me. Her posts, contributions, and the general history and information she has to share, resonated for me in a particular way that no others do.
    Blackford Oakes likes this.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Mr. Oaks, I disagree. I am proud of everyone who works at Miami Beach 411, and the insight they share in the forum.

In my opinion, when it comes to travel-related questions, which this website has always been about, there are no truer Miamians than Michelle, Jess, Doug, Christy, Mario, Dylan, Ingrid, Mirna, and Katalina. Every month, the Miami Beach 411 staff is in the trenches, answering thousands of phone calls and live chats, helping people plan their vacation. And if you take a look at the Tour Company feedback at TripAdvisor, they're doing an amazing job.

Speaking of TripAdvisor, have you read the insight that rk and Jess share, over there?

There are a lot of "True Miamians" online. But when it comes to travel, in my opinion, there are no Truer Miamians than the Senior Members and Staff at Miami Beach 411.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Since this discussion is about the site and staff, I've moved it to the "Site Feedback" category.

Gus - They call you the wise owl and for good reason. I consider you a friend and I wish all the best for this site,

Here is where I disagree.... I have no doubt that your staff is top notch. It should be because you not only have a great product to offer, you operate in a market not known for sight-seeing but has massive traffic passing by. Capturing that, I'm sure is of graver importance to you than my opinion on this forum. I don't want to diss anyone on staff, I enjoy them all, even though some you've mentioned might be shy or too busy to appear on site. I'm not famliar with a few names. My contention is Maria and Carlos offer content that others fall short on. An owl becomes wise through observation and the passage of time. It's not only that Maria and Carlos logged in the time and are natives, they are also talented and best convey the Miami vibe better than anybody I've come into contact with. They offered info that would have cost me time to attain.

In your defense, I'm not the individual stampering on this site looking for a tour. I'm not the guy you're trying to attract and spend a bill to check out Paulina Rubio's ass as she sun bathes on her waterfront property. That's my mother, who actually got to see that on the boat tour.I'm also not the prick asking what's happening on Tuesday night..... I'm not your market as well as your product is something I would normally not partake in. That's not to be meant as personal. I usually don't take tours of a place I feel I already have a grasp of.,, though I'm sure I'd learn something. That being known, I was attracted to this site on a boating question browse. It was Maria's topic, and I have been here since.

Whatever the purpose is for my friends absence from this site is, I respect what ever moves you had to make. I sure the reasons had to be good and no explanation is required. As a five year veteren and consumer on this site, I think I earned at least the right to express my displeasure that Maria and Carlos are no longer here. They can't be replaced. The more important thing is they've become actual friends of mine.

Gus - I'm just a consumer bitching with MB411's Customer Service.

Hoping and praying all is well at the Moore household.

Of course you do Blackford.

Your point is taken, as we don't have many Miami natives on the site. Mario, I believe is, but he is also much younger than the other two so does not have the experience of them. Michelle, Gus and myself have all been here well over a decade. But we're not natives. So we just have a different perspective than one who grew up here. Especially during the 80s.

So I think that's the difference. A lot of people here give valuable contributions, and almost all are unique. So something will be inherently missing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12