Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Forum Error Message

I keep getting a few error messages when loading pages. Its fine if I hit F5 and reload the page. Not sure where to put it but here it is, there was another I'll grab when it reappears.

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=33139) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden in [path]/includes/block/html.php(95) : eval()'d codeon line 1

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=33139" in [path]/includes/block/html.php(95) : eval()'d code on line 1

Fatal error: Call to a member function xpath() on a non-object in /home/gus/miamibeach411.com/html/forums/vb4/includes/block/html.php(95) : eval()'d code on line 2

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re: Forum Error Message

Thank you for posting the error message - I've been seeing it too. I'm pretty sure the error is related to the Weather data that we display on the forum homepage. If we can't fix it, we're going to have to remove the weather info from that part of the site.

Wow I never even saw this section! I must be for vigilant. Yeah issues with the XML, Im no developer though so its beyond me. I know what XML does, but thats it lol.

One thing to note though, I found it seems to occur when navigating from inside a topic back to the main forum board.

I get it all the time, as Gus knows. I also got it today when opening a news story Matt has written.

I get it sometimes too. Generally just open a new tab and type in the full address of the site. Seems to solve the problem.