Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Popularity of Miami Beach 411

I just wanted to write a quick note to say that it's amazing how many people come across Miami Beach 411 on a daily basis.

Within one week, three different people from three totally different walks of life have "approached" me regarding the website.

1- One of the girls in my HR department at the hotel said she typed in, "romantic restaurants in sobe".... of course mb411 popped up first and apparently I was the one recommending where to go and she came to my desk really excited to let me know that she found me.

2- My sister's friend typed in SoBe Wine and Food... again we were first on google and she found a thread about me posting up some discount that I found on Open Table.

3- I was on Yelp the other day and mentioned that I am affiliated with mb411.
    Someone then sent me a message and asked if I knew Maria de los Angeles... which is one of our contributors for those who haven't noticed her greatness all over the site, and that made me happy to know that "our peoples" are well known, yo!

4- I received a message from one of our lovely members stating that they visited the Shore Club and mb411 came up somehow with the Chief Concierge, Tomas... he then asked if she knew me and he apparently had really nice things to say :)

5- More and more concierges are calling me personally to ask for Miami Tour Company's phone number so they can book tours. For those who are not acquainted with the name, Miami Tour company is the sister company of Miami Beach 411.

Miami Beach 411 is everywhere.... makes me genuinely proud to be a part of the community!

Kristine,

THANK YOU!! We love to hear that people are looking, finding, and connecting.

Plus, it's fun to be popular ;-P

This is awesome, Kristine! Thank you! :-)

I have a batch of business cards and am always promoting MB411 when I can in the world out there, not just online.

It's so great to hear how MB411 is catching on! I'm so glad to be a part of it all, and to know that it's growing like this.

agreed. It's spreading like wildfire!

When you google info for MB, this website always comes up.
    When the crazy idea first popped into my head about moving here, I googled moving to Miami and Doug's article came up on the search. I still clearly remember reading it in my living room back in England and feeling it was actually possible to do this. I took his advice and booked a plane ticket to come out for a week on my own (brave/crazy...you decide!) and found where I wanted to live and more importantly, got myself a job. I moved 8 weeks later...
    So MB411 is not only a cool place to 'hang out' whilst living here, it is also the most helpful place to visit before you come!

Yes Doug, its all your fault that I'm here haha :lol:

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Great story, Jess!

Doug has that effect on people.

Wow, Jess! I'm speechless! It's amazing that what you do could have such a great effect on somebody! I'm so flattered!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Wow, Jess! I'm speechless! It's amazing that what you do could have such a great effect on somebody! I'm so flattered!
    Yeah well your story really helped! :)

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

For those wondering, here is a link to Doug's story:

How I Moved to South Beach: Budget-Minded Tips from A New Resident

Read It With Extreme Caution!

hahaha! Not everyone is as crazy as me! I liked the story as it was written by someone who actually moved here, rather than a 'how to' guide.

Reading this post makes me get this one song in my head. I think it was DJ Khaled or something...

"We're takin ooover, one city at a time!"

(dancing at my concierge desk while these Italian people complain about how Miami is expensive and the taxi driver jipped them and overcharged)

but sometimes it looks like its the same people who keep a post alive i guess thats the charm about this site same people kinda like a small town

jipped
    The spelling is gyped. And just to let you know it is an ethnic slur just like Jewed. Gypsies or as they are better known in Europe Romani people are a distinct cluture. The term refers to the belief that they often rip people off. Many people are unaware of this and I am guessing you were too.

I spelled it the "urban dictionary" way purposely to make it a slang term which is what it has become in modern day American culture. On a daily basis you often hear people using the term frequently here in America for being ripped off. "They jipped you big time" or "man you got jipped on that drink! It's all ice!"

I know the original meaning and spelling :) no harm, no foul. I did not spell it in this way. It's much like the n word, to some.... It's highly offense; To others, it means brother or friend, etc. I... Do not use that word but it falls under the same category, different spelling has given the word an entirely new, "less offensive" meaning here in America.

I'm off to breakfast at the Bentley.
    :)