Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Is anyone else having trouble posting?

I'm trying to respond on threads, but I have to submit over and over and it still isn't working for most of my posts- is anyone else having this problem?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Posting replys are working for me.

Sorry you're having trouble.

If anyone else is experiencing issues, please let me know.

Sometimes this happens to me if I have multi windows up of MB 411.

Once in awhile when I hit submit, it says something like "Sorry I can't take your submission at this time." But then when I get back to the Discuss page, I see under the thread it says Sungal 7 seconds ago...so it does accept it. The worst was yesterday when I wrote a really long post, hit submit and all of a sudden I'm disconnected from the internet and I lost everything. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things...

I'm not having any issues here...other than maybe it's a little slower in the time it takes between hitting the post button and having it appear.

I have the same problem from time to time.

Yeah, the "Not able to accept submission" notification is rather misleading. Becasue if you hit "Thread View" on that screen, you will see your post has been posted. It's weird, but I don't ask questions.

rk

Gus,

I think there is a bug in your site software. When I tried posting a message earlier today it kept giving me a "Forbidden" page with a message like "you don't have permission to access /index.php".

At first I thought it was something temporary, but a few hours later, the same problem. Yet I was able to post a reply to another thread. This caused me to dig further, and I realized that so long as my reply contained a specific phrase, I always got an error while posting (or previewing the post). I narrowed it down to the following phrase (with the word "drop" in front, see below):

daytime temps into the

(I can't post the complete phrase because this reply will fail as well. To get the offending phrase, add the word "drop " (without quotes) before daytime, making a total of 5 words in the phrase.)

That's it. Try replying to any message with just the above phrase as your reply, then click on "Preview post" and you will get the Forbidden message page. The same if you try to post. The phrase can be anywhere in your reply. If you modify the phrase (by removing the first or last word, e.g.) then it posts and previews correctly.

I assume there may be other phrases that cause this behaviour, explaining why people have occasional trouble posting.