Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Who will take more tours Super Bowl Weekend?

Those that'll make the trek from the Hoosier State or the Empire State?

My take is that Miami Beach 411 will book more tours from someone visiting from a fly over state than others coming from a glamor state. After Gus and his peeps show these folks around, they'll retire to their rooms after first hitting a McDonalds.

As far as the city coffers go, no doubt the visitors from the north east will be dropping the cash all over the place. I'd venture a 30/1 ratio on bottle service alone. I know I'm throwing silly ideas around and don't mean to insult any Colt fans. I instantly became one yesterday after the Bolts bolted. Obviously one is a bigger city with instate residents, so I guess the question really becomes mute.

Wonder if Miami Beach 411 noticed any tour traffic patterns last Super Bowl between guests of Indiana and Illinois. I'd say a resident of Indianapolis is more prone to take a guided tour than a big city dweller. What say you?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Great questions. I'll ask Michelle and the drivers to keep track.

Seems like fans from New York State would have more disposable income, but fans from Indiana would be more the type of person interested in taking a sightseeing tour.

Since this post is about the operation of Miami Beach 411, I'm going to move it to the Community Center.

I'll ask Michelle to post her thoughts about Super Bowl Weekend.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

For the Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints, no doubt there would be more Minnesota fans on the bus.

Calling the middle of the country fly over states is not nice. Also, you seem to be implying that a less sophisticated person is the type of person who emjoys the tours, which is not nice. I took the City Tour with a sometimes snobby New Yorker and he enjoyed it. No complaints from him, except the the guy in the front being way to excited about the flag game.

Interesting topic. Are the teams a definite at this point? I will assume the game will be between New York and a North Western state for the sake of conversation.

The last time the Super Bowl was in Miami was 2007. We didn't start the tour company until June of 2008.

I remember being excited because I thought we would do really well with tours and transportation but it just didn't happen. Many companies were complaining about the same thing. It appeared the transport came with the masses and the crowds didn't spend money in the city (besides maybe at the restaurants and clubs).

This year, I expect we will do well with the tour business. And although I would typically vote more North Westerns fans would join us on a tour, my numbers lean towards the New Yorkers this year. We have had a LOT of New Yorkers join us on the tour since December.

On a transportation note, we were contacted by Armor Horse to help sell their limos during Super Bowl. Definitely the most unique limos I have ever seen!! The 12-passenger limos are going for $8,000 per day. Anyone interested?

I'll update this thread after the game to let you know how it went and who took the most tours.

In the meantime, anyone want to place a bet? JK ;-P

Give me a friggin break. This isn't the first time someone insinuates traits or tendencies of a town or region; and now I have to be called out on it ? :shut:

I left it simple, if you chose to deficer, this was tongue and cheek.

Gus: I'm glad you were able to get it and concur with me the characteristics of potential inbound markets that will likely benefit you. My twisted analysis might be off, but these are ideas and concerns of Miami411 might be planning for.

If the Colts win, you might want to put an add in the Indianpolis Star, heralding they'll have more fun than their bi-annual weekend jaunts to Chicago. :lol:

rk

Weekend jaunts to Chicago? Heck, better say weekend jaunts to the Wabash.
    (sorry. inside joke there)

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Interesting topic. Are the teams a definite at this point? I will assume the game will be between New York and a North Western state for the sake of conversation.

The last time the Super Bowl was in Miami was 2007. We didn't start the tour company until June of 2008.

I remember being excited because I thought we would do really well with tours and transportation but it just didn't happen. Many companies were complaining about the same thing. It appeared the transport came with the masses and the crowds didn't spend money in the city (besides maybe at the restaurants and clubs).

This year, I expect we will do well with the tour business. And although I would typically vote more North Westerns fans would join us on a tour, my numbers lean towards the New Yorkers this year. We have had a LOT of New Yorkers join us on the tour since December.

On a transportation note, we were contacted by Armor Horse to help sell their limos during Super Bowl. Definitely the most unique limos I have ever seen!! The 12-passenger limos are going for $8,000 per day. Anyone interested?

I'll update this thread after the game to let you know how it went and who took the most tours.

In the meantime, anyone want to place a bet? JK ;-P
    Thanks for the response. After the teams are confirmed, I trust your phones will start ringing to board the bus from area codes such as, (317), (504), (316) and more.

At last Super Bowl in Miami, I but my condo up for rent and had to modify my message, as it was booked immediately from a North Western professor. This year it has to sit idle as my unit is having it's balcony fortified. I guess I'll miss the party and enjoy it within these pages.

How about this tour idea:

7FEB: Hotel pick up at 12AM
    Jetty Park Arrival at 3AM
    Shuttle launch at 439A
    Breakfast at Cracker Barrel on route back to Miami 7A
    Back at hotel by 11A to rest up
    Pick up at 3P
    Drop off at Land Shark

My logistics suck, but perhaps you might draw something up to provide those drifters that made the trip but won't go to the game. They'll have time to recover before kick off.
    A shuttle launch will likely appeal to this market.