Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Adding a "Housing and Roomates" section

This is just a suggestion. But maybe there should be a area for people looking to rent or for people looking for maybe a roommate. Seems like this is a pretty good community. And could be a nice way for those looking. Of course there is craigslist. (But tons of scams there)

I don't know. Just a suggestion maybe.

And does anybody know of any sites online that are a good source for finding roommates? I know there is like Roomates.com and stuff. But I have no experience with any of them.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Good suggestion, Spitfirex007. However, I don't think Miami Beach 411 has the demand (yet) for a section devoted specially for something like that.

In the meantime, members are always welcome to start a new thread, or mention that they're house hunting on their profile.

If I was house hunting in Miami, I would try to cast a wide net on many different websites, and then use my friends at Miami Beach 411 as a sounding board to help narrow down my choices.

Hi Spitfire! It's a good idea, but I agree with Gus ... individual threads would work for now.

I think if we opened it up to housing we would end up having to moderate tons of scams and spams.

Do you have friends in Facebook who can help you network with people in Miami? That might be a good start. I would be wary of having a complete stranger as a roommate. Word of mouth recommendations are probably the best.

I don't think Craigslist is chock full of scams. Just use good judgement and don't give any money upfront. The only misleading things I've seen are photos of apartments advertised by Realtors, that just don't exist.