Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Cool Having trouble posting a link?

I pasted a link into my post and instead of it standing out so the reader knows to click on it, it just looks the same as the rest of the post. What can I do to make it stand out?
    Last edited by Jess; 04-14-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: retitled

Which thread is it in?

You have to highlight the word you want to stand out as the link in order for it to stand out.

rk

Yeah, I noticed that too. You can highlight and reformat it as Jess suggested, as I've done below, but it shouldn't have to be this way. I was planning to PM the LastSuperman but he should be reading this soon and should fix it.

A great site w/o highlighting

A great site w/ highlighting

By "highlighting" I mean change the color or font using the editing tools.

It's under nightlife- "weekend with wife". It was a link to my article on the mondrian pool party. So I post the link and then hightlight it and then hit submit? Or does it have to do with the last 2 buttons under additional options? Mine are always checked.

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. You can highlight and reformat it as Jess suggested, as I've done below, but it shouldn't have to be this way. I was planning to PM the LastSuperman but he should be reading this soon and should fix it.

A great site w/o highlighting

A great site w/ highlighting

By "highlighting" I mean change the color or font using the editing tools.
    Ahh and the links have changed already

Another Example: Weekend with wife Apr 23-26

So basically any link now has the little arrow icon before it to identify it as a link otherwise editing the css for different links on forumhome vs threads would have made for quite a "charateristic" forum so we go this route

Local Links have the yellow/orange'ish image & mouseover for blue to orange/yellow'ish gradient fade:
    Weekend with wife Apr 23-26

External Links have the red image & mouseover for red to orange/yellow'ish gradient fade:
    Google

Now if we link to something on the homepage i.e. www.miamibeach411.com it will still see it as external only due to the forums being in a sub-domain i.e. http://forums.miamibeach411.com and there is no work around for this but all links to the homepage are safe so click away!

Thank You- they look great!

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by sungal View Post
    Thank You- they look great!
    No problem and btw have you noticed the new "Thanks" button to the bottom left of a post? Try it out, saves everyone from typing.. not that I mind it in words just letting you know some changes have been made

rk

Thanks. Love that two-tone color on mouseover, which I had missed at first glance