Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    Michael Miller

Cool Adding social bookmarks to your profile

Ok we now have the Social bookmarks added in so you can utilize Twitter more!

I'll have a new background for MB411 Twitter account tomorrow (see my background here: http://twitter.com/TheLastSuperman) along with info on how to use this and link your Twitter, Facebook and other Social site profiles below your avatar as seen in my post here .

For now it's something on TV then bed time

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

The new icons look great! They are perfectly balanced with the profile layout. Well done!

Can we have the order go like this...

[Facebook] [Twitter] [LinkedIn] [YouTube] [Flickr] [TripAdvisor] [Google]

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    The new icons look great! They are perfectly balanced with the profile layout. Well done!

Can we have the order go like this...

[Facebook] [Twitter] [LinkedIn] [YouTube] [Flickr] [TripAdvisor] [Google]

Glad you like them, I went through several icons sets already lol these were small, not too gaudy and seem to flow well .

I'll redo the order asap and include the LinkedIn, I already have the icon uploaded... I see you want TripAdvisor so I'll throw that one in too and what about MySpace? I have an icon for it as well fyi so let me know!

Edit: Ohh and Gus upon mouseover it seems you entered in some URLs's wrong in yours just so you know (the google one you simply would enter in james.gus.moore only as the code knows to use the google.com/profile/ in front of what you type in but I'll have a video up on this later for everyone.

Can we get some Twitter and Facebook icons to put at the end of our articles?

Must Read News About Miami & Miami Beach, Florida

Gus

Mike, thanks for pointing out the broken links.

For Facebook, how do I link to our new "Miami 411" fan page?:

Miami 411 | Facebook

Gus

Mike, can you help us implement Carlos' suggestion?:

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can best use Facebook's new social media plugins?

Here is a good article that compares Facebook's "Like" button with "Facebook Share," and how to use them both.

Since we're entering new grounds with Facebook, I'm going to split some of these posts to a new thread.

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post

I should be able to add that in however it will be hard-coded so I will need links to what you want added i.e. your full Facebook Profile URL and full Twitter URL .

Mike, thanks for pointing out the broken links.

For Facebook, how do I link to our new "Miami 411" fan page?:

Miami 411 | Facebook
    Aye aye aye lol I did not anticipate "Fan Pages" but that is the norm on Facebook so I'll add in something to make it show and fyi the icons only show IF you have entered in something into the field otherwise you won't see that related icon .

Mike, can you help us implement Carlos' suggestion?:

Does anyone have any ideas on how we can best use Facebook's new social media plugins?

Here is a good article that compares Facebook's "Like" button with "Facebook Share," and how to use them both.

Since we're entering new grounds with Facebook, I'm going to split some of these posts to a new thread.
    There's already a mod or two on vb.org utilizing this remember our chat on the phone yesterday... the Facebook comments, and I noticed the Like button last night on vb.org

Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Miller View Post

Carlos, please explain what you want these icons to do?

Those icons allow people to post them to their Twitter and Facebook pages with a click of the mouse. They help expand readership.

I also recommend Digg and Reddit icons as well. Reddit has helped my blog out tremendously.

New User

Test