Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You can put a link that brings you to the top as well. you can put it next to the post number on the right side of all the blue bars of each post.

Michael Miller

Default Re: Can we add a breadcrumb trail in the footer?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Looks good.

One question about the breadcrumb trail in the header...

... When I mouse-over the thread title and Like button, below the breadcrumb trail in the header, nothing happens.

What happens when you mouse-over the thread title and Like button?
    Hmm found the issue, see below...

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Yes, nothing is happening right now?
    I knew initially I had the title down there for a reason, I did remember you saying on the phone Gus that you did not want it but when I was modifying the code I found that the title must be referenced along with the like button no matter if up top or in the footer based on requiring the TITLE tag so I'll have to add it back in if we want the Like button to work at the bottom. I suggest doing it how I did initially which is not to have the Thread: Title bold so it's less unobtrusive imo.

Quote Originally Posted by miamidesigner View Post
    You can put a link that brings you to the top as well. you can put it next to the post number on the right side of all the blue bars of each post.
    Hmm we could... there is a standard one at the very bottom of the page but your right... why scroll down to actually scroll up lol. I'll make that change because it makes sense or until Gus says otherwise

Bare with me a little bit we need to head to Office Depot to pick up the last few school supplies for my daughter because Wal-Mart last night was a nightmare

Mike
    Last edited by Michael Miller; 08-24-2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Spelling LOL dound or found? :P

Michael Miller

Cool

Ok were all fixed up.

• Gus for now the title has to be included with the bottom like button otherwise it does not know "what" to like
    • Top has been added to the right side of every post just after the post ID number.

I'll be making some more misc changes to this and other forum features in the next few minutes .

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Hi MiamiDesigner,

Thank you for suggesting the "Top" link. What do you think about the placement? Does having a "Top" link on every post come in handy, or is it overkill?

If the group's consensus is that it's too much, we could have just one "Top" link, at the bottom of the page, below the last thread.

What does everyone think about the "Top" link?

The top link is ok, I never use it however. The breadcrumb trail I use every single time i reach the bottom of the thread.

Hi MiamiDesigner,

Thank you for suggesting the "Top" link. What do you think about the placement? Does having a "Top" link on every post come in handy, or is it overkill?

If the group's consensus is that it's too much, we could have just one "Top" link, at the bottom of the page, below the last thread.

What does everyone think about the "Top" link?
    It looks great, Gus. You did it perfectly. The only improvement I can think of now would be to make the breadcrumb trail stand out.

Having on the top makes perfect sense. If they came across the page and scrolled down, they obviously want to read the content on the page. And by it being at the top, they are not forced to go through content they don't want to look at.

However, that brings an issue. If they did read some content and realized in the middle of scrolling down that they weren't finding what they were looking for, or found what they were looking for and wanted to browse the site, they should have it available to go back to the top where the breadcrumb trail is and continue participating in the best Miami forum (I mean that).

Take Care Gus. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Thanks , miamidesigner.

I agree about needing to make the breadcrumb trail in the footer a little more prominent.

BTW, you got a very cool website. If I meet anyone who needs web or design work, I'll make sure to send them your way. In the meantime, here is a link to your site - http://www.carnavia.com/

Thanks , miamidesigner.

I agree about needing to make the breadcrumb trail in the footer a little more prominent.

BTW, you got a very cool website. If I meet anyone who needs web or design work, I'll make sure to send them your way. In the meantime, here is a link to your site - $399 WEB DESIGN, $99 GRAPHICS, $299 INTERNET MARKETING

I appreciate that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12