Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Why are my posts being Moderated?

Mike,

Why are Carlos' new threads labeled "moderated"?

See this example -

http://forums.miamibeach411.com/food...uth-beach.html

To the right of the date, it says "Moderated Post".

When Carlos starts a new thread, he's getting a warning message that says his posts are moderated and must be approved by a moderator.

Carlos is one of the good guys, he doesn't need to be moderated.

It was Lulu who needed moderation.

Aw poor Carlos!

I swear, nothing to do with me! But, if that is a feature I can use, I'd LOVE to know how...

Michael Miller

Well that does not sound right? I'll have this sorted out shortly let me wear out my kids before bed... or will they wear me out

Michael Miller

Default New Anti-Spam software THWARTS Carlos Miller lol but really J/K

I have installed some new anti-spam software (few days back), I just checked in admincp and sure enough there's some threads and posts being moderated. Basically all of them contain external links and initially the software must have suspected the links Carlos was posting were spam related. I'll have this sorted asap bare with me.

Michael Miller

Thumbs up

Ok I've toned it down a notch

Carlos give it a go now, new thread and post if you don't mind. I went back and reviewed the threads and posts submitted, there was one made before that link you provided above Gus so it was approved and the one you linked too deleted as we only needed one.

FYI there was 1 post by UnderTheSun and 3 by GandJ that were also marked due to the links within, none of them were bad but it certainly was aggressive with their posts however again, that's been addressed and their combined 4 posts are now pushed through to the forums.

Am I one of the good guys, Gus ? I got the pop up this morning advisiing my post had to be reviewed before posting. It still hasn't posted.

Carlos repsonded to my Tweet this morning addressed to @vicequeenmaria and @miamibeach411, explaining the technical glitch, as he was getting them to.

I thought for a moment I tripped a wire with the Feds on my spanish post of yesterday I really don't sell pot. I just smoke it if it's around.

Michael Miller

Default Re: Why are my posts being Moderated?

Quote Originally Posted by Under the Sun View Post
    Am I one of the good guys, Gus ? I got the pop up this morning advisiing my post had to be reviewed before posting. It still hasn't posted.

Carlos repsonded to my Tweet this morning addressed to @vicequeenmaria and @miamibeach411, explaining the technical glitch, as he was getting them to.

I thought for a moment I tripped a wire with the Feds on my spanish post of yesterday I really don't sell pot. I just smoke it if it's around.
    UnderThesun it seems this post worked so the changes are in effect and you should be in the clear let me review your posts real quick for the other one.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

You're all good, UTS. If I had a "bros" list, you'd be at the top.

Thank you for mentioning that you're new thread has not been posted yet. Can you tell us the title and thread category you posted in?

Wonder why Carlos' threads are posting with a "Moderated" "label, but your threads are not showing up at all?

Michael Miller

Well bugger... it seems since I chose to delete the latter although identical threads/posts (from when all of you tried it again most likely thinking wth is going on?) it simply deleted the initial first thread or post with the same title. I've done it a thousand times w/o that happening so this might be a slight bug in the current version. I will go find out and see why it did that but since there should be no more moderation for either of you then no need to worry immediately, I'll add that to my list and review the tracker tomorrow for more info. For now I'm sorry to say you must simply repost what you previously could not and this time it will not be moderated .

Edit: Be jealous lol :p j/k but since TibetanMonkey did not have similar thread/post title his one moderated post made it through!

Beware of parking at OMNI!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    You're all good, UTS. If I had a "bros" list, you'd be at the top.

Thank you for mentioning that you're new thread has not been posted yet. Can you tell us the title and thread category you posted in?

Wonder why Carlos' threads are posting with a "Moderated" "label, but your threads are not showing up at all?
    Thanks Bro.

It was no big deal. I just linked a story about the AMC's in Times Square closing due to bed bugs. I think it was Lizy's thread and it was about bed bugs.

Michael Miller

Thanks Bro.

It was no big deal. I just linked a story about the AMC's in Times Square closing due to bed bugs. I think it was Lizy's thread and it was about bed bugs.
    No problem! To clarify though it was only threads or posts that someone tried to post twice in a row with the same title, I know what happened... they posted and then did not see it so naturally like I have even done in the past, they posted again then realized something was happening behind the scenes, mentioned it to Gus and then I see the post by Gus and we tone down the anti-spam settings.

Your post can be found here: What Can You Do With Bedbugs?

Thanks Bro.

You're right, it was one of my recent threads, (since I'm new, all of them are recent, lol). You can find it here:

What Can You Do With Bedbugs?

I clicked on the movie theater link, it worked just fine.

I have another glitch Mike...

If threads are not automatically posted due to the moderators reviewing them to check before they get posted...by the way, AWESOME IDEA... I never got any notifications that threads were pending review?? So, who does get that??

Really they need to come to myself, Maria and Doug to review if that is the case.

Michael Miller

Cool Re: Why are my posts being Moderated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I have another glitch Mike...

If threads are not automatically posted due to the moderators reviewing them to check before they get posted...by the way, AWESOME IDEA... I never got any notifications that threads were pending review?? So, who does get that??

Really they need to come to myself, Maria and Doug to review if that is the case.
    I slacked off the permissions so posting external links will no longer place the posts in the moderation que, besides if they don't see the post initially they will continue to post out of frustration or confusion and depending on how many links are posted in a day could become quite a task. I'm actually testing 4 Regular expression custom fields with images on my site, so far that coupled with a mod I already have installed on here fyi has resulted in zero spam/bot registrations and no matter if it's not open yet before I disabled registration last month while I finished it up I was getting at least 2-3 bots a day. If we didn't have what we have in place here to date it would be worse. If it goes too much longer without one bad bot able to register on my site I plan to introduce 3 more here as you already have one perhaps only two. The key will be the plugin to avoid hassling those who are already members by having to update their info etc.

Wow what some long run on sentences I have up there but did you follow all that Greek?