Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default Disabling Forum Email Notifications

I was hoping someone could help me disable the email notifications I receive when someone posts on a thread I've subscribed to in the forums. I had created a separate folder for all emails coming in from support@miamibeach411.com in my personal email. The problem is that since I also work for Miami Beach 411, Michelle also sends me important work-related messages from this address, and they're getting buried in all the forum notifications. Sometimes I don't see that a tour has sold out until it's too late. Since I go to the forum pages several times a day anyway, I thought it would be easier to just review my subscribed threads on there directly.

I went in to my forum account settings and tried to disable email forum notifications and thought I had done it, but I see that I'm still getting those emails so I guess I didn't. Thanks for any help!

Michael Miller

Default Subscriptions VS Notifications

Doug,

Hey I hope Monday's been ok for you so far?!

I think we have a slight misunderstanding and nothing more! I believe you went to edit your General settings and thought that would remedy this however at this point in time you have already "Subscribed" to several forums and the type of notification is "Instant" meaning that anytime someone posts within the forum or thread you already have a subscription to it emails you instantly

Click this link: http://forums.miamibeach411.com/subs...ewsubscription

You'll see what I mean there, select the subscriptions to modify and then change the notification type and your set !

Thanks for helping me with my problem, Mike. The thing is that since 2007, I've subscribed to zillions of threads, so it would be very difficult to unsubscribe from each one! I thought an alternative might be to arrange for the forum notification emails to be sent to a different email account that I never use. I would do that, as long as the emails Michelle sends me from support@miamibeach411.com go to my regular email. Could I change the email the notifications go to?

When I go to the page where it says you can update your email address, I enter my password at the top, and write the new email where I want my forum notifications to be sent to in the two boxes below where it says to do it, and hit "save." But then I get a response that says:

"The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here."

But I if I go back to the page again, I see my OLD email is still listed as the contact email.

argh

Doug,

Don't worry about unsubscribing to all the threads back to 2007. Just do maybe the past 20 threads...that should significantly bring down the amount you get.

As a rule I have 2 email accounts, one that I use for work, personal, etc that I check every day and I have another that I use when I have to give my email to something that I know will be junk mail.

Yes, I tried to change my email address on here and it won't let you. I keep having the problem I described above!

Michael Miller

Cool Re: Disabling Forum Email Notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Yes, I tried to change my email address on here and it won't let you. I keep having the problem I described above!
    Doug,

Do me a favor and PM me the other email your trying to use, when we converted over to the new forum software your old account from Expression Engine is still in here and I bet you had that same email down before the change. I'll double-check and get back to you with a solution asap .

Sincerely,

Mike