Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
    rk

Default Display formatting error

There is a display formatting error on the Forum pages. This is seen with IE8 (XP and Win7) but not Firefox. After you login, the display at the upper right (below the Search field) is messed up with a strange format and white on grey colors, making it hard to do/see common functions like logout. I am attaching two pictures (before and after login) to illustrate, the before is OK. This has been happening for about a week.

Also:

I think the Google Search field is now too wide and obtrusive.

I miss seeing the number of notifications on the banner, you now have to click to see. Same for the logout button.

The lower breadcrumbs are still missing.

These are relatively minor things, site is working well for the most part.

Name:  Display_Error-Before_login.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  28.0 KB

Name:  Display_Error-After_login.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  28.4 KB

Michael Miller

rk,

I've been on making changes to that are in particular so some things might have been wonky at the times you noticed only, some may still be present however thanks for this and checking on Win 7 since I now have it!

Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mike

Michael Miller

Well now that is quite ugly in IE... can't we just ask everyone to use Firefox? (Kidding )

Will have this sorted asap!

Michael Miller

I know for now rk, if you enable and run "Compatibility View" I only had a few alignment issues but not nearly as bad as your screenshot or what I just encountered in IE8. I fear Microsoft is still "too big for it's britches" and would love to see them comply with someone other than themself!

rk

You're correct, it is better in compatibility view. I took a quick look at the html and it gave me a headache, so I may try later when less busy. Something in that javascript I would think.

In any case it's not preventing me or anyone I'm sure from using the forum. Thanks for looking into it.

Michael Miller

Default Re: Display formatting error

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    You're correct, it is better in compatibility view. I took a quick look at the html and it gave me a headache, so I may try later when less busy. Something in that javascript I would think.

In any case it's not preventing me or anyone I'm sure from using the forum. Thanks for looking into it.
    No no no () thank you for reporting, found the issue it was one slip of the wrist in my coding and it should now be sorted, please check and confirm on your end? Thanks again for your help!

rk

Yes, perfectly fixed now, thanks!