Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael Miller
  • 2 Post By Gus
  • 1 Post By rk

Thread: 3-character names are now required

rk

Default 3-character names are now required

Split from a previous thread - Senior Membership

Gus, you're right. Senior Membership has many benefits, most of all the friendship of the site owners, moderators, and other members.

Re. # of posts, this site has a new policy that prevents anyone from logging in with less than a 3-character name, as of about two weeks ago, so I was forced to create a new name. So for a while I was posting with the new name. I thought I used the same picture, but the avatar is smaller, perhaps to indicate junior status?

Anyhow, I discovered a bug in the new site software, so I am able to bypass that restriction and use my old name again, which is why you see me back again with the larger picture.

Jeez how confusing.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

rk, sorry for not giving you a heads up.

As you remember, last year we switched from using the ExpressionEngine forum to vBulltein, which entailed moving the existing members to the new system.

Well, we moved the members back to ExpressionEngine so that we can stay logged in, when we're viewing the weblogs, home page, and the forum.

It wouldn't be possible without this awesome VBEE application, developed by eevolution.

What is it?

vBee was created to solve one problem; have one (EE) login screen to access both vBulletin and EE memberships but in reality solves a number of issues. As an example, vBee synchronizes accounts between the two systems when the user logs in so you can migrate your users between the two applications.
    The application was created by our EE developer, Tim Mahoney. Tim had to hack the app, to get my 3-character name to work, but you manged to hack the hack to get your 2-characters name to pass - well done. =)

FYI, we're still using vB as the forum software, though.

It's going to take us a few more days, before you see that you're logged in to the other sections I mentioned.

rk

Haha, not so much hack the hack as much as stumbled on a way to bypass it.

Thanks for the explanation, I have been noticing numerous changes in the formatting at the top as part of the rollout. Will look out for the final version soon.

Michael Miller

Ohh and rk there's going to be some quick/simple videos made once all the customizations are in place so there's no more confusion , we'll have those out asap once the changes are completed.
    rk likes this.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Default Re: 3-character names are now required

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    I have been noticing numerous changes in the formatting at the top as part of the rollout. Will look out for the final version soon.
    Mike is responsible for that. He's also been busy, revising the member profile layout, adding the new "My Account" drop down menu, and a few other projects behind the scenes.

When everything is complete, we'll post an update and ask everyone for feedback.
    Michael Miller and rk like this.

rk

Thanks guys. Improvements seem all for the good. Will try to send feedback later.
    Michael Miller likes this.