Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New MB411 record for online users!

rk

Default Re: New MB411 record for online users!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I'm just waiting for the upcoming Shannon break-up thread. Cynical...who, me?
    Yes, that has all the signs of a delta function, but let's hope this is an exception.

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    Thanks, if possible please also reset the "most users ever" back to 0. That 3854 number is impressive but useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Mike, thanks for fixing the bug, but as rk requested, can you please reset the number back to 0?
    Actually Gus if your ok with it, instead of going back to 0 how about we use what's on our test site, the DB is a couple months old but the stats are accurate for the time it was made so we would have:

Most users ever online was 905, 10-02-2010 at 11:31 PM.

Instead of 0 and that's accurate and not "falsified" data based on a updated timeout setting per say

rk

Sadly, that 905 number was also a glitch, probably caused by a temporary problem that went away. I remember in the days around then the peak usage was 300-something, then it went to 905 just for one day, then back to 300-something for many weeks. So if you care for accuracy you should disregard that value.

Since then the average usage has been creeping up gradually, so it averages about 400 or even 500 something most days, and it's only a matter of time before we get back a true and accurate number.

Michael Miller

Quote Originally Posted by rk View Post
    Sadly, that 905 number was also a glitch, probably caused by a temporary problem that went away. I remember in the days around then the peak usage was 300-something, then it went to 905 just for one day, then back to 300-something for many weeks. So if you care for accuracy you should disregard that value.

Since then the average usage has been creeping up gradually, so it averages about 400 or even 500 something most days, and it's only a matter of time before we get back a true and accurate number.
    Hmm perhaps but the only changes that warranted the recent increase were only implemented recently (the same change that keeps members logged in, required a edit to two files in order to show the previous login time of 45 mins versus 7 full days, therefor you can possibly stay logged in for 7 days and will unless you log out or clear cookies however we do not want to show the number of users logged in for 7 days only at the old value but yes we still show them if active only for 45 additional minutes if no activity). I just remembered, I ran a backup a little over a week ago so it will be best if I restore the value listed there for a more accurate account kwim?

Gus... back to 0 or the most recent data from about a week and half ago?

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Let's wipe the slate clean and go back to 0.

Speaking of all the visitors, and lots of members hitting their 5000th posts I feel like it's time for a MB411 awards ceremony. That's right..nominations and awards for:

best posts, best articles in food, relocation, nightlife, best threads, most read articles, etc

most memorable members

most memorable on-line battle

And, the winners would walk away with gold owls. Losers would get computer screen cleaner. I really want a little gold owl!

rk

The usage counter seems to working correctly, thanks for fixing it.

For some reason, since yesterday I have not seen that fault with the menu bar either (where the "My Account" drop list was damaged so I could not log out etc.). This could be related to some fix you made, or it could be chance, as it used to work every now and then anyway. Will watch it next few days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12