Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael Miller

Thread: Video insert link not working

Default Video insert link not working

I tried to embed a youtube video in a post using the insert video link above the box, but it just put the URL address in my post instead of embedding the video. I've done it at other times and it's worked! It must be temperamental.

Michael Miller
    Doug likes this.

Michael Miller

Doug are you on pc at home and phone on the go or is there a specific time you have this happen?

It's my laptop at home, but it doesn't happen all the time. Maybe certain youtube links just don't allow embedding?

Michael Miller

Doug,

I do know that some choose to "not allow" their videos to be embed on other sites, typically though it will state so... perhaps your simply missing that error message being displayed?

Alternatively I know now after a certain point quite a while back they implemented restricted viewing permissions per country in options:
    http://www.labnol.org/internet/video...-country/2680/

So once for example I went to go view a old song... some company overseas had purchased the rights and disallowed those of us in the US from viewing (listening) to a song sung and recorded in the states... made no sense to me gosh what was it it was a classic if I remember I'll post just so you can go along with me .

Copyright laws are getting a little overbearing, to the extent that they interfere with free speech.