Miami Beach 411
Like what you see? Let's talk about how
we can help your vacation --> Contact Us

Default How to change my screen name?

I've done it in the past when I went by Scylla&Charybdis. I then changed to the current name to pay homage to our blessed sunshine.

Looking through the sewttings, I haven't figured out how to change my name.

I want to consilidate my user name with what I go by on Twitter.

Can anyone help or do I have to start at zero.

Blackford Oakes is my alter ego. That's what I want to go by.

Help !

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Dear Mr. Oakes,

In the old forum, members were allowed to change their screen name, but vBulletin requires you to contact an adim to change it for you, which I have happily done.

Happy Birthday, Blackford Oakes!

"Blackford Oakes" - Where does the name come from? Sounds like the name of a southern plantation.

Glenn

How very confusing for us!

Question UTS=BO

I guess UTS=BO is better than sayin UTS has.............................................

Default Re: How to change my screen name?

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Dear Mr. Oakes,

In the old forum, members were allowed to change their screen name, but vBulletin requires you to contact an adim to change it for you, which I have happily done.

Happy Birthday, Blackford Oakes!
    Happy Birthday to me and " America First.'" Inside joke if you read the novels.

Some people re-read Jane Austin, I re-read Blackford Oakes novels.

Glen - Blackord Oakes is a fictional character and creation of William F. Buckley Jr. He's the serious American version of James Bond. In fact he makes 007 look silly with his gadgets. It's all about high brow espionage and how it' was really done. Though the novels are fiction, Buckley utililizes factual information on this non-fictional masterpice collection.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackford_Oakes

If the current stage of Social Media existed 20 years ago, plenty of competitors and enimies would pounce on any of my mistakes. Social Media still has a snake-oil quality to it. That's why for the time being I don't use my real name. I don't have a blog and I'm not trying to make a name for myself in the cybersphere . I'm too old for that crap. I still remain to stay under cover and that is where Blackford Oakes comes in. I'm not that deep an agent. Many of you know me personaly and I'm always willing to pass good times over cover. Many here know my real name.

The only thing I have in common with the fictional character is I like to swim nude and make a impatient woman wait till my business ( career ) was done to commit.

If you PM a mail depot Glen, I'll get you started and mail you the first novel of the series. You of all the peeps here on this sight would really appreciate the espionage world of Cold War vintage.

Blackord Oakes also played around Cuba. For the Miamians, there are two novels that dealt with thw Cuban issue with relevant historical facts, that alone, these two novels are a worthy read in the (305)

Thank you Gus. Blackford Oakes is now operating in SoFl undercover.

Default Re: UTS=BO

Quote Originally Posted by fredgarvin View Post
    I guess UTS=BO is better than sayin UTS has.............................................
    W/FG I'd start, not at the beginnig, but with the story of Henri Todd.

It was always my intention to hand you the hard cover personally. Hopefully soon.

Gus
    Somewhere between South Beach and South Miami

Your welcome, Blackford.

Since we're talking about changing screen names, would fredgarvin like me to separate and capitalize his name?

Happy Birthday UTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Happy Birthday UTS!
    UTS's sun has already setlted. Blackford Oakes has arisen to save ther New World. LOL !

Thank you Christy or as some of us have not forgotten, the real Sungal of the 305.
    Last edited by Blackford Oakes; 07-11-2011 at 07:26 PM.

LOL! Well happy Birthday to Blackford Oakes!

UTS / BO -

Much thanks for the offer of the novels. For now, I will need to decline for a couple reasons. 1.) I'm up to my eyeballs in work stuff, so don't have a lot of spare time during the summer, and the spare time I do have is usually spent on the upper Chesapeake pushing fiberglass from point A to point B. Reason #2): My reading speed is way down, as I have cataracts in both eyes, that have recently been getting worse. I'll probably have the cataracts removed by summer's end.

The nivels sound like interesting stuff. I know quite a few in that "line of work"around here. It's much less exciting and glamorous than you'd think, and the people occupying thoise positions are the last ones you'd expect.
    I have read some Buckley stuff, but not his novels. used to also have his "Word a Day" calendar. The dude was a walking dictionary.

Again, thanks much for the offer.

Glenn

p.s. Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GandJ View Post
    UTS / BO -

Much thanks for the offer of the novels. For now, I will need to decline for a couple reasons. 1.) I'm up to my eyeballs in work stuff, so don't have a lot of spare time during the summer, and the spare time I do have is usually spent on the upper Chesapeake pushing fiberglass from point A to point B. Reason #2): My reading speed is way down, as I have cataracts in both eyes, that have recently been getting worse. I'll probably have the cataracts removed by summer's end.

The nivels sound like interesting stuff. I know quite a few in that "line of work"around here. It's much less exciting and glamorous than you'd think, and the people occupying thoise positions are the last ones you'd expect.
    I have read some Buckley stuff, but not his novels. used to also have his "Word a Day" calendar. The dude was a walking dictionary.

Again, thanks much for the offer.

Glenn
    The difference between Blackford Oakes and James Bond is the absense of glamour. That's what attracts me to the work.

Hope your visual situation improves. Just this week end, I was finally able to order my wife's meal at a restuarant. She thinks I"m actually sexy wih my new new readers.

When ever you're ready I got the novel already picked out for you. It involves nautical navigation in water's you might be familiar with coupled with to complication of on board comminications.

Just like the author, Blackford was also suave on high seas in a realistic kind of way. 007 stuff is for brocelli growers and Hollywood.

Blackford is for real.

UTS/BO -

Sounds tempting and intriguing. Buckley was quite a sailor, so I imagine he has a good deal of realism in his nautical navigation related novel. I was the Lt. Commander in our local Power Squadron, which is a volunteeer boating safety organization similar to the USCG-Auxilliary, ... so I can appreciate his novel if it contains realism with regard to navigation and seamanship.

Much thanks again.

Glenn